Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.H

August is the Cruelest Month
apparently, he did. ok, let's see.....

I pick RulerSmack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OPERATE MACHINERY

Nacho Destroyer

Pizzatime

HOW TO HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO FIND A PERSON THAT HAS POSTED IN THIS THREAD BUT WAS NOT TAKEN BY SOMEONE ELSE YET OP

HiipFire

JENNY DEATH LIVES
dang im just late for this :(

I Dunno

noooo im too late too :(

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Egglands Worst posted:

Nacho Destroyer

HiipFire posted:

dang im just late for this :(

I Dunno posted:

noooo im too late too :(

don't worry friends, there will still be a way for you to participate and win

Pizzatime posted:

HOW TO HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO FIND A PERSON THAT HAS POSTED IN THIS THREAD BUT WAS NOT TAKEN BY SOMEONE ELSE YET OP

omfg are you serious :eng99:

Looke

captain nomates should win a ban

pig slut lisa

irl is good

:siren:SIGNUPS ARE NOW CLOSED:siren:

congratulations to our 32 contestants. i will be sending you further instructions later today.

if you did not get a chance to sign up, don't worry! when this thread reopens you will still have a chance to play and win.

goodbye for now, enjoy your wait.

pig slut lisa

irl is good

H.H posted:

apparently, he did. ok, let's see.....

I pick RulerSmack

how am i supposed to get in touch with you, you ding dong?

tao of lmao

please remove me from the pool and replace me with someone who actually wants to play.

Bwee
Please ban drilldo squirt

pig slut lisa

irl is good

wth posted:

please remove me from the pool and replace me with someone who actually wants to play.

afp can self-DQ but i'm not allowing switches right now except for one person i've talked to personally

tao of lmao

pig slut lisa posted:

afp can self-DQ but i'm not allowing switches right now except for one person i've talked to personally

DQ me then i do not wish to participate.

Mayor Glowku

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
I choose A Ritard ban please tia

pig slut lisa

irl is good

wth posted:

DQ me then i do not wish to participate.

it's in afp's hands now :shrug:

Mayor Glowku

Glowku posted:

I choose A Ritard ban please tia

Edit: My post is in assumption he is self-DQing. I will take his spot :black101:

Double Edit: gently caress why did I write Edit:

Diqnol

I'll DQ for my friend air julio who I was gently trolling by involving

tao of lmao

anime gently caress pillow posted:

I'll DQ for my friend air julio who I was gently trolling by involving

this is why we are such good friends.

pig slut lisa

irl is good

OK I've sent out the official instructions message to all of our participants. If you are one of the dummies who didn't provide a way to contact you (Sleepy Owl, FartGhost, H.H...anyone else?) please email byobtournament2014@gmail.com so I can send you the instructions.

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Welcome to the 2014 BYOB Hurf de Durfament! :toot:

The Hurf de Durfament is a celebration of every yobber's innate posting ability. Some of us post less, some of us post more, some us are funny all the time, and some of us show our talents more intermittently. But every postin pal and postin gal has a good poster buried inside them.

The Durfament is comprised of 32 teams. Each team has a coach and a player:
  • i am he is coaching Captain No-mates
  • ron color is coaching my new dog
  • anime gently caress pillow is coaching WetNightmare
  • FluffieDuckie is coaching Bureaus Watts
  • Captain No-mates is coaching Saboten
  • Security Drone is coaching i am he
  • what the... is coaching black goku
  • Sleepy Owl is coaching cute anime girl
  • FartGhost is coaching pig slut lisa
  • mycophobia is coaching Security Drone
  • Nacho Destroyer is coaching I.N.R.I.
  • WhenInRome is coaching FluffieDuckie
  • alnilam is coaching WD-40
  • Colonel Wood is coaching Goodbye Turtles
  • tinkerttoy is coaching alnilam
  • Dexter's Secret is coaching dogcrash truther
  • CATBRUSH is coaching pizzatime
  • HUSKY DILF is coaching CATBRUSH
  • The Fresh Prince is coaching Bwee
  • WD-40 is coaching bacalou
  • the green calx is coaching GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
  • Kayle7 is coaching sid vicious/iggy koopa
  • Siluvayne is coaching humans among us
  • DrSanchez is coaching Salmiakki
  • bacalou is coaching DrSanchez
  • darkwing cuck is coaching WhenInRome
  • Bo-Pepper is coaching smoobles
  • dopepope is coaching HUSKY DILF
  • Machai is coaching Putty
  • tentative8e8op is coaching The Fresh Prince
  • Salmiakki is coaching Fart gently caress Hell 5
  • H.H is coaching RulerSmack

As you read these words, the coaches are poring over their players' post histories, trying to find their five best posts. The posts will form the basis for the Durfament matchups. Here is the Durfament bracket (randomly seeded for your pleasure):

We need you to help us decide who wins each matchup! Once I have received all the posts, I will post the first round of matchups. You will have the opportunity to vote on each one, deciding which post is better. Durfament Vice-chancellor fluffieduckie and I will tally the votes and then present the next round of matchups, and on and on until the fifth and final round, the championship! The winning coach and the winning player will each receive a $10 gift cert.

:siren:But there's a third way to win!:siren: You can fill out a bracket and earn points for each matchup you predict correctly. Points accumulate as follows:
  • 1 point for a correct first round guess
  • 2 points for a correct second round guess
  • 4 points for a correct third round guess
  • 8 points for a correct fourth round guess
  • 16 points for a correct fifth round guess

If you would like to guess the matchups and try to earn a $10 gift cert yourself, email your picks to byobtournament2014@gmail.com. Tell us who you think will end up in each of the bracket's numbered squares. You can copy/paste the following into your email to keep things standardized for us:
101:
102:
103:
104:
105:
106:
107:
108:
109:
110:
111:
112:
113:
114:
115:
116:
201:
202:
203:
204:
205:
206:
207:
208:
301:
302:
303:
304:
401:
402:
501:

For instance, if you thought drsanchez was going to win the whole thing, you'd write his name after number 111, 206, 303, 402, and 501.

If you would like to fill out a bracket, please submit your properly formatted picks to byobtournament2014@gmail.com by September 20th, 8:00 PM Chicago time.

Voting should begin shortly afterwards! We will tell you how to vote when the time comes.

One final note: The Durfament is about comparing posts, not posters. Every poster is cool and good, but some posts are better than others. Your votes will help us determine which posts are best. Please don't be a sadbrains or a jerk on the basis of any of the votes in this thread.

srsly please don't kill yourself over my thread

Defo Not ICUCMECU

Machai

mods please move all threads putty has ever posted in into the yob so I have more posts to choose from tia

tinkerttoy

by XyloJW

Machai posted:

mods please move all threads putty has ever posted in into the yob so I have more posts to choose from tia

is that an :iceburn: or a legit req.

Machai

tinkerttoy posted:

is that an :iceburn: or a legit req.

neither, it was a joke post. like half his BYOB posts are actually in the cops thread that got moved from GBS, idk how many of them were from before it got moved

Diqnol

Top 5 seeds going into Saturday's tournament:

5. Iggy Koopa

I know what you're thinking, what? sid is only at 5? You might be surprised to know that he has QUIT BYOB FOREVER and has only posted maybe twice a day since. He's out of touch but the potential is there for an all star run. Look forward to hilarious meltdowns, dik pix, and total inability to live an adult life in this potential champion.

4. I.N.R.I.

It's a testament to how strong the competition is that I.N.R.I. is this low on the rankings. Can you say friend of the family? Haha, no, but I.N.R.I. can! Expect a lot of ethnic truisms and commentary on how hosed up and bad BYOB is relative to FYAD in these matchups.

3. Dogcrash Truther

This guys a real turd and everyone thinks he sucks, but he's here at number 3. Expect a lot of sincere posting about how he loves everyone and how big a fag he is here, also he's gonna lose immediately.

2. iamhe

A strong poster and one of the few good ones created from the cloth of neo-BYOB, iamhe is going to make a strong run in this tournament maybe. The limiting factor here is going to be coaching; will SecurityDrone find the right posts? Probably not.

1. WetNightmare

What doesn't this guy do. He makes the best threads, he makes the best jokes, he never pisses anybody off and he's got a smile that will knock you dead and then revive you because thats just the kind of guy he is. He'll ooh ya, he'll ahh ya, he'll make you laugh and smile ya, he's the best poster in BYOB and he's gonna clean your loving clocks.

Ace of Baes

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Top 5 seeds going into Saturday's tournament:

5. Iggy Koopa

I know what you're thinking, what? sid is only at 5? You might be surprised to know that he has QUIT BYOB FOREVER and has only posted maybe twice a day since. He's out of touch but the potential is there for an all star run. Look forward to hilarious meltdowns, dik pix, and total inability to live an adult life in this potential champion.

4. I.N.R.I.

It's a testament to how strong the competition is that I.N.R.I. is this low on the rankings. Can you say friend of the family? Haha, no, but I.N.R.I. can! Expect a lot of ethnic truisms and commentary on how hosed up and bad BYOB is relative to FYAD in these matchups.

3. Dogcrash Truther

This guys a real turd and everyone thinks he sucks, but he's here at number 3. Expect a lot of sincere posting about how he loves everyone and how big a fag he is here, also he's gonna lose immediately.

2. iamhe

A strong poster and one of the few good ones created from the cloth of neo-BYOB, iamhe is going to make a strong run in this tournament maybe. The limiting factor here is going to be coaching; will SecurityDrone find the right posts? Probably not.

1. WetNightmare

What doesn't this guy do. He makes the best threads, he makes the best jokes, he never pisses anybody off and he's got a smile that will knock you dead and then revive you because thats just the kind of guy he is. He'll ooh ya, he'll ahh ya, he'll make you laugh and smile ya, he's the best poster in BYOB and he's gonna clean your loving clocks.

inri is going to win, because fyad....is better than byob

Ace of Baes
also i took it easy on the competition and only pulled inri posts from byob, also because i wasnt sure if that was one of hte rules

i am he

I think all the players should be financially compensated for their posting.

i am he

Frankly, its unethical that they don't, and I'm disgusted by it.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I am afraid and don't understand what I've gotten myself into

pig slut lisa

irl is good

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I am afraid and don't understand what I've gotten myself into

you should submit a bracket and also help calx find your v best posts

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

no one picked me i could have taken you to glorious victory regret your loss with shame

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Bo-Pepper posted:

no one picked me i could have taken you to glorious victory regret your loss with shame

u are one of the biggest tourney snubs imho, but at least you have the opportunity to win as a coach (and a bracket filler outer!)

Defo Not ICUCMECU
I choose bo-pepper let's rock

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Defo Not ICUCMECU posted:

I choose bo-pepper let's rock

no go away please crazy person

Defo Not ICUCMECU
lol @ calling me crazy when you are literally paying people to participate in this shithole thread

FluffieDuckie

lol @ calling me crazy when you are literally paying people to participate in this shithole thread

i pick this crazy guy who isn't icu

pig slut lisa

irl is good

did i touch a nerve?

i am sorry. please fill out bracket.

nvm no cake

this is going to be difficult without platinum. it means i have to go and manually search all the threads for good posts. GSJG, we're going to have to work together as a team here if we have any chance of winning this thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

The Green Calx posted:

this is going to be difficult without platinum. it means i have to go and manually search all the threads for good posts.

same :(

• Locked thread