Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

echinopsis posted:

what

about printers>

why

it works. every time. never costs a cent. what ELSE could you possible want

I was talking about ur "coffee"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

caffeine makes me super anxious but when i drink decaf i drink it black because milk and sugar are gross

lol at this child

you're also the reason lots of store-bought black coffee tastes like poo poo. they expect children to drink it and drown it in milk and sugar, so they have to make the coffee extra "BOLD" so you can still taste coffee after you add a vat of milk and sack of sugar to it

oh is that the reason i thought it was because black coffee tastes like poo poo to begin with

i mean i tried it for like a good couple of weeks but no its not really for me maybe one day

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

AtomD posted:

oh is that the reason i thought it was because black coffee tastes like poo poo to begin with

i mean i tried it for like a good couple of weeks but no its not really for me maybe one day

you're the guy who goes out to a pub and complains that they don't have smirnoff ice because "beer tastes bad"

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
just get a mikes hard lemonade or something then

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
ill give it a go for the next week maybe all of a sudden itll be nice

here's some other things that might be true that im going to post in the hopes that it annoys you:
the only wine i drink is fortified wine
i only eat cheddar cheese or spray cheese
i drink whiskey with a mixer like cream soda or coke
i dont eat curry (its too spicy)
i eat my steak well done
i like margarine more than butter
i dont watch black and white movies
coriander

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

AtomD posted:

coriander

how can a plant with seeds so good make leaves so bad

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

I was talking about ur "coffee"

the thing is, i enjoyed my coffee, immensley. so gently caress you

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

theadder posted:

this is cool i didnt know about these wheres a good place to get them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc_ud7rBm6w

Riptor fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 5, 2014

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

prefect posted:

i'm thinking of getting a knife block set (so i don't accidentally puncture myself), but it costs like two hundred bucks

ya i looked at that but it didnt have the biggest knife idk so separate for me maybe

i already have a block also

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

AtomD posted:

i get this http://www.talkncoffee.com/decaf_swiss_water_ethiopian_yirgacheffe_coffee.aspx but it also comes caffeinated http://www.talkncoffee.com/ethiopian_yirgacheffe_coffee.aspx

it's real nice

Sagebrush posted:

how can a plant with seeds so good make leaves so bad

loving agreed

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

echinopsis posted:

the thing is, i enjoyed my coffee, immensley. so gently caress you

But u said it was 2/3 cream or something

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
has anyone posted a pic of a list of dates from charles babbage to know with a color swatch where it's white every time

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

But u said it was 2/3 cream or something

yeh

normally i do about 1/3 or 2/5 cream but it was the end of the bottle so i tipped the whole thing in

it was like a whole meal plus nutrioutious saturated fats. devliocsu

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Agreeing with Retarded Jesus here. Coffee without some kind of dairy product is bad.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
A lot of YOSPOS cares about the so called CGA color palette but I really doubt most here have used it unless they're super old like rotor. My only exposure to it is seeing the wizard computer game in the Tom Hanks movie Big, which came out before I was born.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

AtomD posted:

here's some other things that might be true that im going to post in the hopes that it annoys you:
i eat my steak well done
coriander
so youre a child is what youre saying

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

LastInLine posted:

so youre a child is what youre saying

dont u own an android

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

AtomD posted:

i eat my steak well done
coriander

Agreed, except for spray cheese. It's not readily available here.

moosemanmoo
Jan 6, 2007
R the Reply that his life was in danger
ceramic knives are good but not appropriate for heavy-duty knifing, like cutting through bone. i use cheap Pure Komachi knives from amazon 99% of the time. also don't ever buy knife sets or knife blocks because they're bad and gross. just buy some plastic knife sheaths

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lmao if you use cheap knives to do heavy duty stuff because you are too poor to replace your expensive ceramic knives.

moosemanmoo
Jan 6, 2007
lol you've obviously never used a knife to cleave bone before. just lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I've never seen a ceramic knife in my life you dumb little homo. Thanks for proving my point about being a dipshit over the most trivial things in your pathetic excuse for a life.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

has there been any updates in the computer color front? any new colors available?

moosemanmoo
Jan 6, 2007
knuc what happened when you were a child so that you know nothing about ceramic knives, knives, or not signing you*are posts

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

theadder posted:

dont u own an android
i do in fact i often read the forums on it whilst eating grown up food

sometimes it doesnt work well which causes me to drink whiskey neat

i generally dont gently caress with it when watching movies like my personal favorite dr strangelove

but yes its with me as i wander through this world as an adult doing adult things such as posting on the internet about meaningless minutiae in an attempt to momentarily distract me from a boring life in a cold and unforgiving universe

why do you ask?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

moosemanmoo posted:

knuc what happened when you were a child so that you know nothing about ceramic knives, knives, or not signing you*are posts

What happened when you were a child that made you take pride in such mundane poo poo as what knives you buy from Amazon. I'm guessing spending most of it as a twerpy little loser with nothing interesting to say.

moosemanmoo
Jan 6, 2007
wow you seem upset. here's my actual knife tip: as long as your knife is not rusty and sharp enough and appropriately shaped for what you're using it, how expensive and fancy it is doesn't matter at all because your skill as the knife user is likely to be the limiting factor

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

kraftwerk singles posted:

A lot of YOSPOS cares about the so called CGA color palette but I really doubt most here have used it unless they're super old like rotor.

CGA was pretty competitive with the Apple II

not the Atari 800 or C64 though, but then you couldn't really expect a $5000 machine from a leading-edge tech company like IBM to match the capabilities of a $299 home computer sold in toy stores and produced by companies famous even then for insane degrees of mismanagement

(reminder, the original IBM PC supported cassette storage and TV out, in 1981)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i have the colorful pure kamachi knives and theyre good knives, in fun colors.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i watched the video of the asian guy talking about the very sharp ceramic knives with the funny voice and they looked cool. might pick up one of those bad boys from dx

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
sometimes i drink my coffee with cream and sugar, sometimes i just drink it black. just depends on my mood that day, both are good imho

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the best knife I own is a Chinese chef's knife I bought in China town years ago for about 20 dollars. it is very high carbon steel so it rusts almost immediately if you cut acidic foods with it, and within a couple of days of using it for anything if you don't wash and dry it immediately and promptly oil it.

but good Lord the steel. you pick it up and gently bump it in the drawer and it rings for ten seconds. I spend a while every so often with some water stones and right now it has an edge that will cut a carrot under the knife's own weight. it is an incredible tool

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i have some knives in fun colors

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:3:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

what's so fun about them

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i hate paring knives

my brother is a meat worker so he cuts through animals and bones 8 hours a day 5 days a week, his hands are hosed, he's had ops on his carpals and callouses out the mother fuckin wazoo

he knows a sharp knife. he says he has to stop to sharpen his knife every 5 or 10 minutes. he uses one of those stick things. each meat worker buys they own, they cost a fuckin shitload.

the knives are expsnive but not too bad but dont last long. ive ended up with a few. they are more like a tool than a knife. certainly not a kitchen knife

i have a knife a bit like the one sagey mentioened. ive got a chef mate who said they all ended up ditching they $200 chefs knives and just use those cheap chinese store ones sort of disposably because wel they get super sharp and are super thin and cool

my fav thing is whne u got sharp knife and u cut tomator. excellenteW!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Best use of old iMac :3:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER