Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
At least SOME of the time they do cuts on the arms instead, which would lead to easier healing and less chance of loving up a tendon or something and making your hand not work no more.

I am so insanely jealous of my friend now though. He's going to get Crowley, Cas, Kevin and Chuck to autograph his Word of God tablet, and Death to autograph his cane, and Cain to autograph his first blade.

gently caress. I love him like a brother but god drat do I wanna crack him in the head with a sack of doorknobs and swipe his collection sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I didn't dig the opener much when I watched it, but then I realized that HOLY gently caress this is the first premiere that wasn't a virtual reboot of the finale.

poo poo happened in the end of season 9 that is still going on now, and will go on for a bit longer hopefully.

Normally Cas would be cured, Demon Dean would be back to regular rear end in a top hat Dean, and Sam would be off hitting another dog or something.

Instead, everyone is basically hosed and will stay that way for a while.

I'm lovin' it.

Also, got linked to this earlier and had to laugh.

http://imgur.com/a/omBN7

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BreakAtmo posted:

Castiel maybe, but can he still do that?

Cas can't even heal a busted shoulder. Bringing someone back from the dead is probably not gonna be possible for him anymore. He's gonna be lucky if after all the grace burns out he's human and not a burnt husk of dead former angel.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm kinda getting an Archer vibe from Dean this season. New haircut, lots of sleeping around, "AND NOW THIS IS HAPPENING" with the random beat downs and stabbing people.

What kinda surprised me was the healing factor bit. Didn't expect that from the mark, and other demons can't heal themselves like that.

Digging it so far though.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shroomie posted:

They've never shown a demon heal quite like that, but all of the recurring demons have been shot/stabbed/burned/beaten bloody and bounced back. Though the host does always seem to revert back once the demon smokes out.

Eh, not always. There was that serial killer guy last season or the season before that was all kinds of hosed up because they tortured the poo poo out of him while possessed.

Meg's original meatsuit died after she smoked out because Meg was basically the only thing holding her together after being shot, stabbed and thrown out a window. I remember the boys being shocked cause Bobby was like "WHAT THE gently caress? WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO GET RID OF THE ONLY THING KEEPING THAT GIRL ALIVE?".

That being said, I agree the storyline is better around this season. Having that guy completely lose his fight against Dean and still be alive worked out, and surprised me because I was pretty sure it was going to be a quick season opener wrap up. I was a little sad that Dean said "I'm a demon" instead of "Annoyed" or something before lobbing him into a car though. "What are you?" is such a loaded question that missing a straight line like that just seems a little sad.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nah. 2003/4 was right around when the series started. It was just a big bowie knife.

The demon killing one showed up in season 3, which would be around 2006/7.

Bettin' Daddy was a demon and Dean aced the host, unless there's some kinda weird monster backstory to the guy that we don't know about.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CHiRAL posted:

Didn't you just establish that it all happened before they could kill demons though?

I didn't say he killed the demon, I said he killed the host.

Meatsuit ain't gonna do a lot of good if the throat's been cut.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The sad thing is, even the Crowley toy that came out is still taller than the Dean one.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's still got the mark, so yea, there's still that whole curse thing going on.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Not gonna lie, started clapping and laughing at the reveal at the end.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo, the scarecrow dude was actually played by that big guy who was the golem.

Also, god drat Destiel is killing it on twitter. Poor Jared is stuck on a plane so he's basically a giant moose with a target painted on him.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Seems like the only thing missing was Eye of the Tiger.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
See, I was kinda the opposite. I thought he was working on the car in an effort to prove he WAS ok.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nah, Mark is still in full effect. Rumor mill has Cain showing back up this year so it's probably not being thrown out.

I think the car work is Dean trying his hardest to be in denial about the Mark, his "deanmon" adventures, and proving he is completely and utterly human and not in any way changed by his experiences and he loves that car and he will wash and wax it and do everything to it he can because no one puts baby in a corner and HE IS PERFECTLY FINE WHAT THE HELL WHY DO YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT THIS SAM JESUS I SAID I WAS FINE

It's going to be a weird, kinda hosed up, kinda amazing season if they can pull this off. You have Dean and all his psychosis that's brimming and simmering under a very thin candy shell of denial, you have a mysterious witch lady who impales people on the roof, you have a newbie hunter who thinks Dean is still a demon and wants to kill him, and you have the plethora of hunters out there who still hate Dean and Sam for the whole apocalypse thing a few seasons back with the complete lack of a intel network thanks to Garth goin' doggy style.

That's not even covering the Cas angle of "Boy, I'm kinda hosed" and all the angels in heaven being kinda autistic weirdos who are basically the second or third most powerful things in existence at the moment.

It's gonna rock :rock:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't think Rowena was going to kill Crowley. She didn't even recognize him. Betting she left when he was a wee lad after teaching him witchcraft.

Cole, I'm guessing, is going to be back. Remember he tortured and probably exorcised a demon, and he has a family. Demons aren't going to let that go. Remember when Jimmy went home and there was a demon in his neighbor for god knows how long. Cole is probably going to be asking for the boys help when all hell breaks loose for his family. That or the "Cole is actually a monster and doesn't know it" angle.

I don't think Jimmy is in Cas anymore (at least not since the Leviathan kinda dissolved him into goo and apparently Chuck reassembled him), but I think he recognizes what he put his family through. What's weird is that he basically told them what was happening and left, and they went into hiding. They knew they'd always be targets since the demons didn't know what made a vessel worthy of an angel.

The only thing I didn't like much was how Rowena didn't come across as an immortal witch, she was kinda bumbling. Didn't really seem to strike me as an evil villain that they mentioned in the earlier interviews. More along the lines of a vaguely evil Mary Poppins.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think it's his same body or one altered to match. His kid recognized him when he got raised as a ghost, and again when he got lobbed through time.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If they can manifest an oil field in a place that has no place where oil should be, then copying or altering appearances would be pretty much on the table as far as options go. He did get 2 demons to pass as Sam and Dean when he kidnapped Kevin.

I don't think those were his bones though. Seemed like part of a long con with Cas during that whole "souls from purgatory" thing they were trying to do.

I'm still thinking his mom taught him as a kid, and was probably chased out of town or left when he was a young boy/teen, or he took off. Other than the fact he couldn't really stand his son and his mom was a witch, we don't know much about the life of young Fergus. Hell, she might have even left him a grimoire to use. We know his mom is a witch anyway, so it's not like using glamours is outside of the witchy set of abilities.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Nov 27, 2014

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Angela Christine posted:

We're definitely going to see Donna at least once more. They spent a lot of time in this episode establishing that Donna is a doormat and her ex is a jerk, and there has been no pay off for that. She takes the revelation that monsters exist pretty well, better than most people. Then later that same day she beheads a vampire. That's got to put being 15 pounds overweight into perspective.

The only explanation for not having a moment where she stops being a doormat for her ex is if they are saving that for a future episode.

Yea, that was a great callback to him being a dick, cause holy poo poo dude was a dick.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can someone tl;dr it cause I'm not wasting 11 mins of my life watching adult swim.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
To be honest I was hoping this season we'd get a bigger cast and introduce some other people that actually hang around for a bit.

Instead of everything happening to Sam or Dean, it'd be a nice change of pace to find someone who's got something supernatural going on like a guy who's rocking Samson strength and being a vigilante or something, or a aztec death cult or loving SOMETHING ELSE.

I'm kinda getting tired of the universe revolving around Sam and Dean and I'd kinda like someone new to pop in like The Walking Man from the Simon Greene novels, and just have em cross paths once in a while.

Hell, bring back Bela as a demon.

Just shake it up a bit.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea, I'm thinking Dean has some control issues at the moment. Sort of Bruce Banner meets Psycho.

I think he's hanging onto his humanity by his fingernails and it's starting to slip. His try hard laughing at the stooges, eating junk food, all trying to stick with "happy" thoughts that when he does snap like last night, it's a bloodbath.

I enjoyed the "aftermath of the angels" plot though. It's nice to see there are consequences for decisions, even in Supernatural where most of the time a crossroads demon pops up and offers you a deal.

Loved the fact Crowley kept mom locked up, and was laughing so hard I had cramps at the pig trade comment.

Also loved we finally find out that there's no Jimmy in the meatsuit (which sounds so, so wrong). Nice to know I had the background idea right though. This show keeps you guessing.

drat it's gonna be a long wait until next episode.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BreakAtmo posted:

That's definitely the case when they're chatting with a human in heaven, but this is more about when they're talking amongst themselves with no people around.

Don't forget, in their true forms angels are loving HUGE. Cas made mention he was taller than the Chrysler building.

Even if there aren't any people around, a giant loving neon sign of a person literally glowing and screeching out angel speech busting out windows is going to be noticed by someone, somewhere.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Plus, as we learned from Raphael, they can leave the meat suit pretty much catatonic when they vanish.

No one wants to hop back into a meat suit that's poo poo itself while you were away.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Plus the leads actually get along really well, to the point they take their families on vacations together.

This is probably their dream job, go to work, hang out with friends, get paid an obscene amount of money, then go goof off for a bit.

I did check out the Messengers video that the facebook page shared, and it looks kinda cool as well.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

atomicgeek posted:

There was a competent guy. Remember him?

Shame he got iced by Lilith; he was fun. Now there are no competent guys.

Just gotta quote this, because these pics are not doing justice to the show without the Sam bitchface.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't think we are going to get much of an overreaching plot other than "Consequences". Maybe Metatron getting lose and having to get ganked.

Yea, I was completely expecting the weird people the daughter hooked up with to be demons, but nope, just weird rear end normal people.

My thoughts, Metatron gets loose, kills the daughter, Cas goes all old testament, Dean gets rid of the mark and then BOOM OH poo poo WE NEED THE MARK AND THE BLADE BECAUSE OF PLOT REASONS WHY METATRON CAN'T BE KILLED WITHOUT IT and then fade to black.

Crowley's mom is gonna go down, hard. She's bumbly, she's a bit of an airhead, and most importantly she is hardcore loving with the King, and I'm pretty sure we are going to see that whatchacallit, council? of witches come into play later on.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Eh, I'm in the minority on this one cause I kinda liked the show.

It had Dean realizing "Holy poo poo I need help" after kicking the poo poo out of Charlie, it had Sam have the idea of "Oh poo poo let's go get Cain".

Charlie also kinda had a better character arc and she's really the only "family" left besides Cas and the Sheriff as far as people who care if they live/die. Also it really really helped there wasn't any sort of internet lingo bullshit in the script for her to babble off.

Also, kinda liked the idea of how they had the bad one show up and it didn't involve possession or PTSD.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cain still has the mark. The whole "let's go get Cain" is to see how he's managed to get the whole "gotta kill fast" thing under control.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think the mark is more of a blessing/curse kind of thing than an actual physical thing you get.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The way I understand it in Supernatural, he was given the mark by Lucifer and became a knight of hell. He killed himself (with the first blade?), but came back as a demon. He's currently just the last living knight of hell.

Lucifer was trying to trick Abel, and Cain opted to take the fall so his brother wouldn't end up being bound to hell.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'd be up for an alternate universe Lil' Hunters starring Young Dean, Baby Sam, Lil Cas, Lil Crowley, etc.

Didn't really dig the episode ending though. Somehow a teenage girl getting on a random bus somewhere doesn't really seem like a great plan.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BreakAtmo posted:

Huh, this episode's Young Dean is actually 20.

God drat, if that kid is 20 he is going to get carded until the day he dies.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea, I know there are people who look young, but I would have completely not gauged that kid to be above MAYBE 16 tops.

What's her chick, the ballerina one that Whedon drops into all his shows, she's also one of those weirdly non aging vampire Keanu kinda people.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo there was some bad acting in this episode.

Can't wait for next week though.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea, last week's episode was awesome but this one was just... bleh.

Not like racist truck bad, but even in the racist truck episode it had the right lighting and feel for a Supernatural episode.

This one was just... I dunno. It's almost like they were filming on a set in the alternate universe where Supernatural is a show. Colors were too bright, actors that can't act, dialog that was loving horrid (who in the poo poo actually says "hashtag" and uses "#confused" in a message? Wtf?).

Teen Dean had all the aspects of a "HOLY poo poo THIS EPISODE IS GOING TO BE HORRID" and it was pretty good. This one though, igh.

Next week is gonna hopefully be amazing though.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, I could only make it through about 20 seconds of that video.

It's official, I'm old.

:corsair:

On a side note, anyone think it was weird that Dean was all :confused: when it came to technology but a season or two ago he was a hacker?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
drat, my friend just brought up a good point.

How awesome would it be to get Lucifer back as the literal "Big Bad" on the show as the only possible "cure" to the Mark, since that whole "river/source" quote thrown out by Metatron might mean that Lucifer is the only one who can take it away since he's the one who gave it out in the first place.

A man can dream :allears:

Cain was amazing, Omundson has some terrific range as an actor, but I think my favorite part was Cas getting all smitey and all it doing was just blowing Cain's hair back a lil.

Only thing I didn't like about the episode was apparently the whole idea of Cain eventually slicing up Sam never came up, even though Cain was taking out entire family lines and children. That would have been decent motivation for Dean to kill him, and be a little bit less angsty about it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Favorite part of the episode.

Also, cracking the gently caress up at the idea of Adam being like "OH THANK GOD I'VE BEEN IN HERE A MILLENNIUM AND FINALLY FREEDOM AND I... wait, what mark? Uh, ok sure but hey wait why's the door closing GOD DAMMIT NOT AGAIN"

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Yaos posted:

What was with Cain very slowly killing his descendants? He claimed he wanted to kill them all, which he thought was 10% of the population, but he was going at a rate of less than one a day, so he would probably kill less of them in a year than any non-supernatural cause of death. He was killing people directly related to each other, so I guess he had to go through birth records to find them. What a chore.

Dude's got all the time in the world. Everyone needs a hobby :ese:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Surprised there hasn't been any action on the thread tonight.

Tonight's episode was pretty good. Not terrific and a bit heavy handed, but still, nice to see the show sliding back into the "monster of the week" type plots instead of OMG APOCALYPSE AGAIN.