Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Considering that this last season is going to be CodeGeaseEvagelion with bending, the chances of this not doing well in terms of ratings is zero.

I mean, I'm not sounding naive am I? Nick really can't poo poo this up any more, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
then I'm an idiot. Disregard everything I said in the previous post.

gently caress you, Nick.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
What time is the episode airing? I'm trying to figure out the GMT time, because I don't know whether it's gonna be on EST or not.

Makani is the best. Always liked his/her sketches.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Apparently a year or so. They're using an existing engine and it is after all a Platinum game, so yeah, I'm not surprised.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

VanSandman posted:

Bolin's a born follower.

Bolin has always been the tumblr fanboy.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Season premier was promising. I like where this going, so I'm expecting a Code Geass moment where there are role shifts in a war torn environment and someone has to die.

Okay, that won't happen, but I'm waiting for Kuvira to go from villian to anti-hero towards the end of the season once new baddies pop up.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Regalingualius posted:

According to one of the dev interviews for the Korra game, they actually had to keep pausing their viewing of the first two seasons to translate them by hand when their interest in the series (before they'd even approached Nick) was first sparked.

So, expect Spanish dubs and French subs with Japanese UI just like Vanquish? I do love Vanquish for those multilingual options. Then again, considering that Platinum's Korra is gonna be a budget game, Then might just include the regular Jap/Eng subs and UI function with English voices, unless they went through the trouble of paying for dubbing just for Bolin.

DrSunshine posted:

After the show is over, Bryan and Mike should get Hideaki Anno to direct the Rebuild of Korra movies.

I'm not sure if I'd be okay with an emotionally disturbed Mako masturbating to an unconscious Korra in a hospital or Tenzin killing Lin after revealing his master plan for turning Jinora and her clones into some new super spirit god with meaningless and pretentious Buddhist symbolism there to try and explain his reasoning. Let's not forget a drunken Kuvira and her pet Turtleduck or President Raiko Ikari being a horrible person in general who uses people for improving his poll ratings. Meelo is still an ugly child.

At least there will be awesome Sato mechs battling spirits who want to reach a spirit portal deep beneath the presidential building to cause some apocalyptic event that may or may not birth a new world, but shockhorror, Meelo was actually the last vengeful spirit destined to destroy humanity!

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that it's a horrible idea and we should never consider it.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Let's hope it's as good as Zuko Alone.

Ravane posted:

Oh look, the new Korra's out. Wow it's pretty good. Let's check out what the thread has to say...

:smithicide:

I have no excuse; I'm a horrible person.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I think the Avatar universe lends itself better to dice rolls, though if you want to use the DND system (depends if it's 3, 3.5 or 4), then you need to dedicate time to writing rules and tables for all four elements.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Just watch all the episodes. No point in missing out on anything because it's better to watch season 2 first before moving onto season 3 and enjoying better quality.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Sorry it's the mobile link, but here is a preview for this week's episode.

http://m.nick.com/videos/video.rbml?id=korra-215-clip-128376218

Korra channeling The Last Boy Scout here.

Let's just hope she can have a speedy recovery and not go full Azula.

Uncle Kitchener fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 9, 2014

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Now that Toph is back, I hope the Beifongs finally sit down and Lin stops being a crybaby.

Democratic Pirate posted:

I want someone to ask Varrick why he's going along with a clearly evil scheme and his reply is a nonchalant "because I'm a terrible person!"

So you're saying he's a goon.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

VanSandman posted:

I take it you missed the entire episode last season where she got over her family issues by realizing she has a family after all?

Yeah, but until I haven't seen them chatting with Toph around, I won't be fully convinced.

Kazy posted:

There's going to be an eventual "Wu and Mako get stranded in the slums and Wu learns a lesson blah blah blah" episode, I just know it.

It would be funny if Wu ends up not learning a single thing and remain the unsympathetic noble for the rest of the season.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I'm guessing the spirit nukes are going to be some sort of plot device later on. or maybe it'll just be there for political commentary. You can't just have nuclear spirit bombs and not use it. Imagine if it causes a dimensional rift or threaten the balance of the world again.

Also, I might know what may be keeping Baatar II and Kuvira together.

I'm just saying, Kuvira is special.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Korra just needs to regain her self esteem and confidence by the next episode and accept her responsibility as the Ahvtar.

Basically, she has to do an Aang this time, not something she had to deal with throughout the first three seasons.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Gnome de plume posted:

Saints Row: Republic City.

Sewage Bending mingame.

Saints Row is pretty much Varrick: The Game.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Fun episode, but felt too short. Jinora and Iki ware funny while Milo is there to pander to the younger audience.

Korra getting the avatar state back in time is welcoming. I wasn't really looking forward to more than four episodes.

Overall, short, but fun. Meelo can just go away for now.

Words can't describe how much I enjoyed this.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Good episode, but we all know where Zhu Li's heart truly lies.

Also, nominating Battar or whatever his name is Jr. for being the biggest shithead this season.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Season 2 had a lot of things happen and had some of the best fight scenes. Problem was mostly with early season characterization. Other than that, it really wasn't that bad.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Sydin posted:

Yeah honestly I think it's a lot less that Kuvira can't read people, and more that she's overestimating her own abilities & kinda buying into her own hype. Bolin was brought into the circle only because he had a diplomatic use anyway, so Kuvira probably assumed that a mixture of lies and fear would keep Bolin in line like it always has, and that even if it didn't, he wasn't a major threat. Likewise, she bought Zhu Li's little speech because she recited all the great things Kuvira always says about herself, and Kuvira bought it because she's so far down the rabbit hole at this point she believes the salespitch is reality.

I think Kuvira is going to have to go through a big change of heart or a role reversal if she's not going to end up being the big bad of the season. Otherwise, I foresee her being blown up along with her nuclear spirit bombs.

JT Jag posted:

I think my favorite gag of this entire season so far is Meelo's unrealistically realistic sketch of Korra

More Meelo being a talented artist and less of a filler on screen would be my wish for the rest of the season.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I really liked this episode. Next episode will be Korra having a psychotherapy session while everyone else kicks rear end, which I'm totally fine with.

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

Bryan K. posted Ikki and Meelo's self-portraits on his tumblr. He made them with the show's prop designer Jojo Aguilar.

This is the best.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
If the next episode is not Toph going "Get off my lawn!", I will be disappointment.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Come on, guys, enough of this shippping and more having fun with the show.

The last episode was good. I hope more stuff happens in later episodes though. This all feels like something building up to something really big, but I hope the climax happens in Republic City.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Rosalind posted:

Your gif ends before the best face of the entire series:

That's me just reading about this show and it's potential fate.

As much as the new episode was still fun to watch, I just hope the finale doesn't end up looking like a street show with cardboard cutouts and hand puppets.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I'm still hoping for a serviceable finale.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
This episode was actually pretty good.

The only thing about this show that's been irking from the very first season is the inappropriate timing on jokes mostly from the prince and Bolin (major contributor to most poo poo from this show).

Bolin is still horrible and will forever be my least favorite character in the ATLA series. I'd find it hard to believe that kids would actually find him funny.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

I'm so happy to see her back.

SirKibbles posted:

It's Bolin they've written as stupid (unintentionally)when they wanted him to be naive and socially oblivious. Personally I like Season 1 ladies man Bolin better but eh he's written how he's written and it's not like he still doesn't have good character traits.

Nah, even back in S1 Bolin should've been kept as a side character rather than shoved down our throats. The Nuktuk subplot was funny and charming, but there's so much for me to hear and see of this character that I just don't want to see on screen.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Korra is an okay show. I don't mind it despite its glaring issues like lovely comic relief characters since it does offer some very pretty visuals and animations with nice set pieces, great fight choreography (okay, it's still a show for a young target demographic, so no burning or bleeding) and some cool characters.

Korra despite sometimes being a massive inconsiderate self-centered shithead, constantly develops into a more positive character and matures bit by bit.

Bolin and Zuko are horrible characters that should've been cut. They actually ended up slowing down the show for me more than anything else.

Asami is pretty cool. I ended up feeling sorry for her more than the rest of the cast.

Aang's son, Tenzin along with his family are actually pretty interesting. Tenzin is obviously flawed and so are his siblings. A lot of really interesting potential sub-plots that were unfortunately resolved too quickly. Kya and Bumi could've used way more screen time. Jinora ends up being my favorite in the Aang lineage, followed by Bumi and Kya.

The villains are more interesting except for the Season 2 main villain since he was essentially Eskimo emperor Palpatine.

Supporting characters are okay. Again, Kya and Bumi actually end up being more interesting than Tenzin himself at times. Varrick and Zhu Li are a fun duo too.

I should probably write more about the show, but I don't want to spoil for people who might want to get into it.

It's good, but it could've been way way better.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Oh, Toph, we could never hate you :allears:

TheKingofSprings posted:

Clearly Toph's casual throwing out of a plot point a lot of people cared about will lead to a bait and switch for Sokka being Su's father

http://youtu.be/MpDnbTPKA6I?t=32s

Pretty much.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

That actually makes sense now.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

JT Jag posted:

Magnet-bending in general would actually be quite the counter to metalbending

Well, They did have the magnet suit in season 3, so that might make a return as a giant Aang statue wearing a magnet suit.

I'm just making stuff up at the moment, but out of all these ideas in this thread, one might stick.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Wait, the whole finale is being dropped in one go? Daaaaamn.

I'm gonna miss this show. I do take pride of having my worst and funniest poo poo post being on this thread.

edit: yes, it was an Eva joke. gently caress you, Eva.

Uncle Kitchener fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 19, 2014

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

On TV yeah. Last two episodes of the season being released together is Avatar tradition since the very beginning.

Yeah, but I thought there were three episodes left, hence the surprise, but didn't realize there are only two left.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I gotta say, that really surprised me. From the quality to the way they ended this show, I feel like they took all of my concerns were heard and they delivered something really great.

Everyone got a good piece of the pie and the Korra and Asami dynamic was something I was waiting to happen, but kept quiet about it. Sometimes people forget that real relationships start up from a really strong friendship and develop into something more. Whether they're sexually attracted to one another isn't really something they'll delve into deeply in a kids show anyway.

The show had its fair share of problems, but it was also a fairly fun ride. I was really impressed by the finale.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I re watched the first three seasons before the season 4 premier, so I went back in with a clear idea of what to expect.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
The show is still cool. I would suggest those of you who haven't picked up the Platinum Korra game to do so, because it's good.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Misandrist Wytch posted:

The reason people troll this thread is because the people in it make it irresistible to troll. There's just a lot of obsessive, uptight, weirdos, for some reason.

but my animes

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I understand that a lot of shitposting from the post-Dangenronpa thumblr crowd carried onto this thread, so I'm perfectly okay with the idea of another postmortem thread down the line.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Miss Nomer posted:

On the topic of characters from Avatar , who is everyone's favorite and least favorite?

I can't decide on a favourite, but if I really had to, it would be a tie between OG Iroh, Toph and Korra. ATLAA and LOK have a lot of characters I liked.

Least favourite character is Bolin. I will never forgive the creators for trying to shove down so much poo poo down my throat.

Thank you, Trash Boat.

edit: I suppose I could add Azula to the favorite list too. She was really well done throughout the whole show.

Uncle Kitchener fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 24, 2014

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Do the Japanese know how well the Gaijins have ripped off Full Metal Alchemist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I'll add Meelo to my least favorite list. Character is farts.

• Locked thread