Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Bangkok Post posted:

NEW YORK - North Korea said reunification with the South is its main goal, and proposed an arrangement of "one country, two systems," the United Nations General Assembly heard on Saturday.

Foreign Minister Ri Su Yong called reunification the "biggest desire of the whole nation."

"We are of the opinion that national reunification should not be done through confrontation, but rather through a confederation of two systems within one country," he said.

Ri also accused the UN's top body of "showcasing the extreme manifestation of the double standard" on human rights.

"The Security Council should no longer serve as a forum for telling lies," he said, criticizing it for ignoring civilian deaths in Gaza from Israeli attacks while punishing Syria over the conflict on its territory.

Ri insisted that North Korea was open to cooperate on human rights with international organisations and countries that are not hostile to Pyongyang.

But he rejected any attempts to use the human rights issue as a tool for "regime change."

"Abusing the human rights issues for political purpose is in itself the biggest human right violation," Ri said, in the first address by a North Korean official to the General Assembly in 15 years.

The foreign minister also insisted that "hostile policy" of the United States had led to Pyongyang's decision to develop nuclear weapons.

"The nuclear deterrent of the DPRK (Democratic People's Republic of Korea) is not intended to threaten or attack others," Ri said.

"Neither is it a bargaining chip to be exchanged for something else."

Voice of America posted:

A team of foreign medical workers appears to have visited North Korea to treat its leader, Kim Jong Un, a South Korean government official said Friday.

The official, who preferred to remain anonymous, told reporters that Kim appeared to have been limping and that the Seoul government is trying to get details about the medical team that may have visited the communist country.

The North Korean leader was nowhere to be seen at the second session of the 13th Supreme People’s Assembly Thursday, spurring speculation about his health. The state-owned Korea Central News Agency reported on the high-level meeting in the capital Pyongyang but did not name Kim Jong Un as one of the attendees.

The South Korean government official was not sure whether the 31-year-old leader had injured a leg or an ankle. He also could not confirm reports from North Korea watchers that Kim has had arthroscopic surgery on his ankle.

The source says Kim was last seen in public at a concert on September 3rd, and he has sent letters to various state-sponsored events as late as last week.

goodnight sweet prince :angel:

in respect for dear leader please dont post any feta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
nah he'll get better

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

The Dear Leader is Eternal. :colbert:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Things won't change much in the north once both countries are unified except the undesirables will be expected to go quietly die in the corner instead of being outright sent to prison camps

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Yaldabaoth posted:

Things won't change much in the north once both countries are unified except the undesirables will be expected to go quietly die in the corner instead of being outright sent to prison camps

or just be put out on the street to be terrorized by gangs of teenage sociopaths :japan:

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
Ching Chong Ding Dong

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
He's just fat and has a heart condition. He'll be back on top in no time.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXMej__yTmE&t=2s

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
being poisoned by government faction tired of living like it's tropico being played badly

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Gazpacho posted:

nah he'll get better

that woman was probably slow tortured to death for smiling in the presence of a japanese guitar

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

oh yeah also

Troon Flesh Mask posted:

Ching Chong Ding Dong

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Gazpacho posted:

nah he'll get better

want to start n koreas first pixies tribute band w/ her

(because im fat and balding like frank black)

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Gazpacho posted:

nah he'll get better

hammer, sickle, and...birthday candle?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

icantfindaname posted:

that woman was probably slow tortured to death for smiling in the presence of a japanese guitar
all jokes like this are dumb fyi

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Kim Jong Un is Il

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Gazpacho posted:

the atheist redhat Gazpacho, striking fools down with his sick burns

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Gazpacho posted:

that wasn't a joke though?

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
Do Korean kids murder their homeless like the Japanese(and Californians)?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Oh this could legitimately be great news. Reunification would improve the lives of the people suffering in North Korea (although it'll take a generation or two to really beat all that brainwashing out).

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

did he died

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
He's got gout I bet you anything.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moridin920 posted:

being poisoned by government faction tired of living like it's tropico being played badly

North Korea is the one retard Civ in a Civ game that gets to the Renaissance age when everyone is in the modern age

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Whatever at least he's better than Obama. Hope and change my dick

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
kim jong unhealthy

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Oh this could legitimately be great news. Reunification would improve the lives of the people suffering in North Korea (although it'll take a generation or two to really beat all that brainwashing out).
North Korea probably just caught wind of the fact that nobody in South Korea has any desire to reunify with them, and they're asking for it in bad faith
because they're terrible and will never do anything nice

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
kim jong under the weather

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I wonder if the generals just know a power vacuume will just be a painfully pointless affair and want to reunify to avoid ending up on a chopping block later when inevitable human rights trials go on.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Howard Beale posted:

kim jong under the weather
:wth:

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Former Top Official Says Kim Jong-un Is No Longer in Control of North Korea

i guess he is dead :ohdear:

last known picture:

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
i hope he is buried with a chunk of emmentaler

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

a hole-y ghost posted:

hammer, sickle, and...birthday candle?

paint brush

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Didn't we always suspect that the smiling old generals were the real ones in charge from the get-go?

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Kim Jong Un is a loving dipshit

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Wicker Man posted:

Didn't we always suspect that the smiling old generals were the real ones in charge from the get-go?

actually no. part of kim jong un ascensions was about casting down the military hierarchy built by his father (because they were seen as chinese proxies), so now all the generals are closely monitored and the north korean version of the inner party (OGD) runs the country with the support of his aunt

fart.

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

I thought his sister was/is running the show?

Lansoc
Jan 3, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Looks and acts just like a cartoon villain.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Molentik posted:

I thought his sister was/is running the show?

i forgot that kyong-hui got exiled so maybe, but if the military got purged and the OGD is in control then no there are no kims currently running the show.

then again they could always invite jong-nam back

Bro Dad fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 3, 2014

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014
Kim Jong Unbelivable, our glorious leader can't die!

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Kim Jong Un is missing out on a golden opportunity to get ripped as gently caress by state controlled fitness slaves and be the swollest dictator in the world. Instead he gets gout, a disease no one has had outside of the north east of england since 1950

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Jong-Unconceivable, Jong-Unbelievable
Ruling like a hammer information monitored strictly
Sent by his Dad, here and abroad
with words well adored now they can't be ignored!

• Locked thread