Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

The bald wizard is back and I couldn't have been happier with the results.

Srice posted:

I wouldn't say it's exactly like King Gainer but the trailers certainly weren't lying, the show is light-hearted, colorful, and a little bit whimsical. People bring up the Tomino shows where most of the cast die but a lot of folks forget that he can do a drat good job with his shows that don't end with a lot of death.
I think that has a lot to do with the fact that Gainer wasn't scripted by Tomino like the first episode of Reco is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Pureauthor posted:

It's old hat at this point but I always remain annoyed when supposed 'military' or law enforcement factions have some of the shittiest security I have ever seen.
Considering what just happened at the White House it doesn't seem that far fetched to me.

Edit:

Broken Loose posted:

seasoned space pirate prototype pilot is getting hysterical because her man got shot down honorably in combat.
Where are you getting the "seasoned" part from?

Guyver fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Oct 3, 2014

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

The rumor about Loran goes all they way back to before the show aired, you can still find mentions of it on the archived Gundam Mailing List from 1999. Until someone scans every Animage and Newtype from 1997-2000 and translates anything that might be related it'll just remain a rumor.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

She's kind of a bad example of Tomino using moeblobs considering they blow her up and no one really cares. No one really cared when they blew up 25 of her clones either. Well except that last one.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

So was I the only one who made note that Cumpa called everyone an Earthnoid and that they all should die? The threat from space is probably closer than the moon.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

John Carstairs posted:

Doesn't the full line say he had already lost interest in her ("失っていたんだ") and this was where he realized it (""ここへきて分かりました)?

And I'll admit I desperately need sleep at the moment, but does the other way even make sense chronologically? He says the incident with the staff happened "yesterday, " and later on in the same interview talks about having given another character extra lines in episodes 24 & 26. Would losing interest in the character after the production was more or less over really have much of an effect on her portrayal (which he and some of the staff, at the very least, seem to think it did)? Like, the story makes it sound like the damage was already done before the spat with the staff happened. :psyduck:

Fake edit: Ow. Ow, my brain.

Anime is made in a stacked order so while they're airing episode 15, they're recording 16, animating 17-19, story boarding 20 and writing 21-22. Not exactly like that but you get the drift. The interview also could be from a month ago or more because it's from a magazine.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Judau did fly into a rage and try to choke out that female Anaheim technician that offered her sympathies for his sister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

It wouldn't be the first time Americans cranked out an entire fleet in a couple of months.

• Locked thread