Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looks like it might not be going up on GundamInfo, All the Anime in the UK just announced they have the streaming rights here, so there's a good chance another company took the US rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

John Carstairs posted:

I also don't understand all the posts about the show being hard to follow. Have I simply watched so much Gundam (not to mention all that other stuff) I am fluent in Tomino now?

Could be, I didn't have much problem following what was going on. Compared to Brain Powered it practically had Speedwagon explaining what was happening at all times.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

BizarroAzrael posted:

I'm in the UK, but alltheanime is telling me I can't watch on their site because of the video's privacy settings. I need to pay to see it on Vimeo, is that right? I thought I could see the first couple free? Disabling AdBlock didn't help.

SD stream should be free, according to their FB page they were running into problems with Vimeo's regional settings.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All anime not meant for kids airs at stupid times of the night. I think this is the first Gundam series that has though, though I could be wrong.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

WickedHate posted:

Man, and I got dogpilled for liking The Irregular At Magic High School. So far G-Reco has been a lot worse then that was at the same point.

lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gonna turn out everyone is on Equilibrium style drugs and that's why no-one reacts to anything except with mild interest, just you wait and see.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Where are we suddenly getting 'Tomino is well known for writing terrible female characters' from anyway? The only decent female characters in any Gundam series are in the ones written by him, at worst he has some odd ideas regarding women and motherhood, at least around Victory time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wispy beam sabres are the best beam sabres. They just look more deadly somehow.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Four, they're all just 20 minutes of girls crying though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

For some reason people really seem to want Tomino to be a crochety old man hurling sideswipes at everything Gundam that he didn't have a hand in.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ImpAtom posted:

Jesus, according to the tech fluff, the Elf series have Degeneracy Reactors which are what allow for their beam scattering bullshit. That's crazy.

Does that mean they're powered by the same thing as the Gunbuster. :stare:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

WickedHate posted:

That seems like a reason for G-Reco to tell more, not less.

It gives you tons of information, almost too much, just not what you think you need to know.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wanna sniff a Kuntala.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Caros posted:

Fans who want a well written show? Fair enough. My soul is tied down by logic and a desire for storytelling that makes sense.

You must hate David Lynch films and Utena then.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Caros posted:

As a general rule, yeah.

Cool, I can ignore you opinion on everything then.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Caros posted:

Eww. I mean I'm not really one to judge and whatever makes them happy... but still, sorta eww.

He was making a Ramba Ral (age 35) joke.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No kid could pull off this jacket.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ideon ending incoming :unsmigghh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

MonsieurChoc posted:

Newtypes are your generic 70s sci-fi psychics from the future.

They'd be cooler if they could make peoples heads explode like in Scanners.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Notorious ZSB posted:

1) Watch Turn A
2) You're a massive piece of poo poo for thinking 0080 is anything other than the worst UC gundam produced. It's atrocious and awful and you should feel bad for liking it. It also makes me think you haven't watched much Gundam if you like it so expand your horizons.

Reco-G has been massively boring to me. It is not as bad as bad Gundam (0080, Seed Destiny), but it's not even close to mediocre Gundam offerings in my book. Coming from Tomino I'm honestly disappointed, this show has been really subpar. The storyline has been kinda hamfisted from start to finish, and I haven't felt like they knew what they wanted to do with it the entire time. Just really underwhelming.

I'm going to watch Zeta after this is done with a friend so I can wash that taste from my mouth.

wow

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's happened before but that was ridiculously hyperbolic (and arsehole-ish) even for 0083.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The 0083 Gundam designs are some of my favourites but I'm a Kawamori mecha fanboy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That was an okay ending but definitely could have done with like another episode at least to flesh things out.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

boom boom boom posted:

I haven't watched all the animes from the past 13 years. I try, but occasionally I do need to take breaks to sleep or to have my bedpan changed and to be turned so I don't get bedsores.

There's a statute of limitations on spoilers unless you think we need to talk about every show that ever aired using spoiler tags?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol good luck with that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anyone who doesn't already know that deserves to get spoiled on it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

brb just going into a random CD thread to tell them 'Rosebud was the name of a sled'.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DamnGlitch posted:

like gundam it also has insufferable children.

that's all children though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

boom boom boom posted:

Like, there's the episode where Renton suggests they enter a surfing competition to raise some money, and Mathieu says "we never surf for money"

And I'm like, motherfucker, you assholes never surf at all!

they're too busy sticking it to the man

• Locked thread