Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

chumbler posted:

And please don't get sidelined, Fumina and Sazaki's sister.

I want to believe but :(

I'm at least hoping Fumina will get a few cool fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Build Fighters had literally an entire series before this and nothing here suggests they're bucking the trend.

At the same time Tomino has an entire body of work behind him that has a negative trend when it comes to women. I think it's perfectly fair to judge both Build Fighters and G-Reco on that metric.

Edit: Not targeted at you really Imp, just in reply to the general topic.

I guess I should post something about the show specifically though? I've been watching the scene where Build Burning appears throughout the day and holy poo poo it never fails to make me :vince:.

NotALizardman fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Oct 9, 2014

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, Yuuma is the 'cool smart guy' archetype and the writers love doing stuff with that. Think about how much effort them put into Yuuki's tactical K-9 battle. I'm actually pretty excited to see him fight someone who isn't a Try-team member.

Another sniper battle? Yes please.

(also I wish fumina would keep the gm cardigan because it's really cool and i don't like sd gundam and it makes me more pessimistic about her)

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

On the other hand, one of the first points that gets touched on in the first episode is that Gunpla Battle invariably leads to something you invested a lot of time and hard work into getting completely trashed if you lose. And the new Gunpla Battle start up sequence actually indicates how much damage the models will take during the fight itself.

As you said, it is entirely possible that the writers are just lazy, or the animators could have just made a mistake. I could just be way over-thinking a dumb kid's cartoon about little plastic mans beating and shooting the hell out of each other.

But it still just strikes me as strange.

I lean more toward the lazy writing/animation budget explanation but I don't think it's odd to question it. This is, after all, a show where a literally magic particle is not only animating plastic models, but simulating terrain and bullets and plasma shots and explosions and all sorts of other poo poo. This is also an upgraded version of a model whose whole gimmick was to manipulate said particle to do crazy horseshit, so I wouldn't be shocked if the Build Burning had some sort of Plavsky self-repair function.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

I'm glad this show continues to be better than G-Reco, even if it was just a standard set-up episode. Can't wait for next week's fight against the Dragonar squad.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

I think the best part of Wednesdays is waking up to see how awful this loving thread is.

The episode was okay.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

I bought robot, they should put robot in show and then robot can shoot.

Papew pappow!! :)

Hey Sharkopath, tell us more about how Aida is a great character despite doing nothing but whine about how she can't do anything in-between being rescued by Bellri.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Also make a bunch of posts at once because you're an idiot who doesn't know how to say what they mean the first time.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

I feel like this is the one robot show where there is a reasonable explanation for the enemy not stopping the stock animation gattai sequence become come on. You wanna be that guy?

Plus what if Sakai had some Unicorn-style I-Field to defend them while they were combining? Then you would look like a poor sport and an idiot.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This bland anime protag is somehow a million billion times more bland and boring than every other character in fiction and also he killed my dog and might be the new Hitler.

No you see he's a black hole of charisma that sucks all joy and fun from my life like some kind of hosed up emotion vampire. My world is colorless and grey now. I can't hear any birds singing, or wind whistling through the trees. All I hear are muffled shouts of JIGEN HAOU, as I sink further and further into the black.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Seriously though, Sekai is just kind of inoffensive and bland. I'm not sure where all the insanely hyperbolic hate for him is coming from. He's just a generic shounen protagonist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

muike posted:

And the fact that it has the cooling strands from an Amalgam Arm Slave.

Seeing that got me insanely hyped to see the Laevatein animated in SRW Z3.

Then I remembered how awful the FMP units looked in part 1.

• Locked thread