Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I see, thanks.

The extremelty stilted translation in this game is really funny. I've failed two character events so far becuase I have no loving clue what the dialogue options mean and which one is the correct.

Those choices vary from character to character. I resorted to just having a word file for it all so I don't forget who wants what response

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I upgraded one of my characters to 7 stars and her +20% hp to position changed to +30%hp... to all light players. She's the only one I have.
:negative:

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

I upgraded one of my characters to 7 stars and her +20% hp to position changed to +30%hp... to all light players. She's the only one I have.
:negative:

Aw poo poo that can happen? I thought you only got a bonus to the effect instead of a completely different one. I was kind of dumb and ended up with like six 5-star players that are just reaching level 50 so that's good to know.

Also just today my scouting got me Beatrice as my very first 5 star striker so gently caress YEAH

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

I think it only happens if you get an Extreme Evolution, and most of them are great upgrades.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I did the 11 pull during this dark event and 8 of my draws were Light. Nothing over 4 stars but it's definitely way better than the ardor stuff I gathered.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Did a 10+1 pull once the Dark Draws went live, getting nothing special.

Pulled 7 more times for the Premium Mileage card, accidentally pulled on the Event page instead of the Dark card page, got a 5* Thunder Striker I'm unlikely to use cause my next 10+1 draws gave me Ravian (who I was aiming for) and also Vitos or whatever his name is. Not a bad haul. Got the one card I wanted, and I now have over 1,600 GP so I can Scout a vital 5* card if it ever appears.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I have 316 GP, and Anael appeared on my latest scout. Is it worth grinding out the 1300~ GP needed to recruit her? I get like..2...a coliseum run.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I have 316 GP, and Anael appeared on my latest scout. Is it worth grinding out the 1300~ GP needed to recruit her? I get like..2...a coliseum run.

PVP and achievements also gets you GP, as well as doing the Threatened Android event and selling the 3 star cards you get (selling 3 and 4 star players gives you some GP too).

Anael is considered by some to be THE best attacker AND defender so if you can manage, go for it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You... probably won't be able to get her in time? Scouted players vanish after a while if you don't recruit them, from what I've seen.

According to Reddit, these Scout tiers are as follows.

Reddit posted:

Which cards should I buy while scouting?

The following players are the best in their positions and should be bought no matter what: Beatrice (striker), Nari (assistor), Bell (defender), Jin (goalkeeper), Duke (attacker).

Other players to definitely consider: Anael, Malcolm, Lilith, Mikael, Blade, Kirin, Lucid, Valkryja Beth and Baltheon.

If you are building a mono-attribute team, then almost all 5 star cards of that attribute should be bought. The cards above should still be considered even if they are of a different attribute. They are that good.

The only other exception is Beelzebubs and Litres which should be hoarded at every opportunity.

Be warned that the scout is not a place to find specific cards. It is a lottery and should be treated as such. Grab every good card you find when you get the chance.

Apparently Khirel or whatever his name is, who has a higher chance of being scouted this week, is decent too? People were talking about spending over a million refreshing the Scouts to try and get him.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

You... probably won't be able to get her in time? Scouted players vanish after a while if you don't recruit them, from what I've seen.

According to Reddit, these Scout tiers are as follows.

Apparently Khirel or whatever his name is, who has a higher chance of being scouted this week, is decent too? People were talking about spending over a million refreshing the Scouts to try and get him.

I think scout resets at the end of the week or the season so maybe he has time. It could be worth a shot.

As for Khirel, he is the guy that helps you in coliseum when you get a boss battle and is Whirlwind's legendary player. This site is in engrish but the guy behind it gives great advice on what cards are good http://soccersprits.blogspot.sg/

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
What are the chances of getting rival drops? I must have played about 30-odd games against this and the previous rival in the second difficulty level, and only got crappy 2-star drops.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Man I want a shar so bad. I never not got a one shot with her skill

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Fat Samurai posted:

What are the chances of getting rival drops? I must have played about 30-odd games against this and the previous rival in the second difficulty level, and only got crappy 2-star drops.

I think I read it was 5%/8%/12% for the difficulties or there abouts

gently caress, what leevel are all my guys supposed to be before doing the Very Hard Elemental matches? I got like 2 lvl 50 Dark guys waiting for the 5 Star Elementals but I can only get the Hard difficulties down consistently

Edit: If anyone was wondering, here is a Teamwork Questions Answer sheet from Reddit https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x0Q4vUk_V3wUwzM5XR_66xytSbapoSFm_cHR9PYIERs/edit#gid=1292450017

MotU fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Nov 10, 2014

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Very Hard elemental matches are where you should make a specialized teams that can either deal with their obnixously huge reflexes, or simply Forward/Long Pass the ball up to their back line where basically anyone can shoot them for the kill. Attempting to use steal or penetrate on them can be a coin flip as to whether you break through and win or get counterattacked and lose.

Of course this can be a bit difficult seeing as the game throws a million Long Passers at you, which will require time to build up the two bars you need to use them, and you can count the number of Forward Passers on like one hand.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aneal is one of the worst players in terms of card art though :barf:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

Aneal is one of the worst players in terms of card art though :barf:

That link with player analysis that someone posted before counts her art as a plus. :doh:

NJ Deac
Apr 6, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The scout window has a forced reset every week on Sunday morning when they replace the weekly legendary (this week is Khirel). You're generally doing really well if you can pull down 100GP/day from combiend colosseum/PVP/achievements/selling 3*s you pull from story mode. Unfortunately, you only have about 6 days to pull together 1300GP, which is probably impossible unless you have a large stockpile of 3* players you can sell for 12GP each or a bunch of 4* bench warmers you don't mind parting with, you're probably setting yourself up for disappointment if you try to grind it out before the end of the week. Maybe if you could keep an insane winning streak going in arena PVP and stay up all night to not let the streak drop, but it's probably a fool's errand and I would let it go.

I have one of those scouter managers that increases my chances of getting "special" cards in scout (gatekeepers/managers/swirlies/elementals) that I usually run when I have less than 1000GP, because it's frustrating seeing a player you want/need in scout that you won't reasonably be able to afford before the reset.

Finally, terrible card art aside, Anael is one of those players that is good enough to have a place in nearly every deck, and would be well worth scouting if you had the spare GP. There's two schools of thought regarding scouting - some people see it as an opportunity to hold out for exactly the best card you need for your deck, while others see it as a lottery and worth spending on any decent 5* that comes through. If you're non-IAP, you're probably better off treating it as the former, but in this circumstances Anael is a good enough card that it'd be worth purchasing according to either philosophy.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I finally have enough go for my first 5 star scout. Any cards in particular I should be looking out for?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
According to the reddit FAQ, "Beatrice (striker), Nari (assistor), Bell (defender), Jin (goalkeeper), Duke (attacker)" are some of the tip top best of class cards to get.

"Other players to definitely consider: Anael, Malcolm, Lilith, Mikael, Blade, Kirin, Lucid, Valkryja Beth and Baltheon."

There are some stinkers out there though, Celus was one of my first 5 stars and while he's not completely unusable his passive buffs the enemy line's attack power, which is Bad especially for PvP builds. I bought Blade but probably will not use her for quite awhile since she's not as simple to use as Beatrice, who by contrast can be easily slotted in any team with a minimum of synergy and still do insane damage.

http://soccersprits.blogspot.kr/ contains a korean player's general opinions of quite a few of the 5 stars out there, I have a bunch of the ones he talks about I find his recommendations pretty on point. Take note of the Newbie guide though since there are four star cards that are amazing and worth keeping even for endgame:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StdQYr8mX8o There's a lot to be said for free heals and free damage just from passing the ball around.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Nov 11, 2014

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

If you don't have one yet, look for a natural 5* striker, preferably one who has a 7* evolution. That alone will get your team wins.

Goddamn, I'm about to do something I'll feel bad about for the next few weeks by passing on Sharr in scouting just because she's not one of the best 7* strikers...

SilverMike fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 11, 2014

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Got Kiki from my free draw. Everytime I get close to getting a good mono team they throw me a high ranking player from another color.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

nftyw posted:

http://soccersprits.blogspot.kr/ contains a korean player's general opinions of quite a few of the 5 stars out there, I have a bunch of the ones he talks about I find his recommendations pretty on point. Take note of the Newbie guide though since there are four star cards that are amazing and worth keeping even for endgame:

This guy rated Sage down because of his evolution art. :mad:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SynthOrange posted:

This guy rated Sage down because of his evolution art. :mad:

Blog posted:

2. Victoria

She is solid defender and have good line buff. and I think she doesn't wear underwear. That is the her best merit.

Rating : 5 / 5

This guy may have lots of knowledge on the game but he is no paragon of good taste.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Do Superb Power ups have any benefit on stats if you don't get a level at the same time in that training session? So basically I should do them before a character is level 50?

Also, how do you get Mileage Ticket points?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fat Samurai posted:

Do Superb Power ups have any benefit on stats if you don't get a level at the same time in that training session? So basically I should do them before a character is level 50?

1. I think so.

2. 40 Draws with Crystals gets you a Mileage Ticket. I think 3 10+1 draws and 7 normal draws is the most efficient?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Fat Samurai posted:

Superb Power Ups straight up increase Stats/Stat caps by 10% each one. You get full benefit no matter what the level.

I have a question for some wording on skills: Lucid's passive, Sense and Instinct, says it 'increases action speed and receiving pass effect with a pass'. Does that mean straight up she just gets both those bonuses immediately when she receives a pass?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

MotU posted:

Superb Power Ups straight up increase Stats/Stat caps by 10% each one. You get full benefit no matter what the level.

Ok, I completely missed that, thanks.

Training with the same character as fusion fodder and not getting a level up doesn't give you any stats, so I assumed you missed that benefit (which admittedly would be stupid design decision). Does the game set your stats to the point they should be in the next level up? And if you power up at 50, do you get the benefit inmediately?

MotU posted:

I have a question for some wording on skills: Lucid's passive, Sense and Instinct, says it 'increases action speed and receiving pass effect with a pass'. Does that mean straight up she just gets both those bonuses immediately when she receives a pass?

That's my understanding at least.

More questions on skills: what does "when the ball hits the line" mean? A shoot? The first time the line where the player is receives the ball? The first time either the opponent or your line receives the ball?

VVVVVV

Cool, thanks.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Nov 12, 2014

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Fat Samurai posted:

Ok, I completely missed that, thanks.

Training with the same character as fusion fodder and not getting a level up doesn't give you any stats, so I assumed you missed that benefit (which admittedly would be stupid design decision). Does the game set your stats to the point they should be in the next level up? And if you power up at 50, do you get the benefit inmediately?

That's my understanding at least.

More questions on skills: what does "when the ball hits the line" mean? A shoot? The first time the line where the player is receives the ball? The first time either the opponent or your line receives the ball?

I've added 3 Superbs to my 50 Lucid and she got them immediately

Edit: Actually it turns out that if it says "with a pass", character with the skill has to make a pass first! Whoops!

MotU fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Nov 12, 2014

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

MotU posted:

Edit: Actually it turns out that if it says "with a pass", character with the skill has to make a pass first! Whoops!

So the bonus goes to the receiving character?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Fat Samurai posted:

So the bonus goes to the receiving character?

For example, use Lucid. She passes, and then for 6 minutes she gets + receive pass effect and action speed, so in essence she has to pass then get passed back to to get the benefit.

When the ball hits the line apparently means a successful penetration I.e. Defense breaks through to mid or mid to front line

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

MotU posted:

For example, use Lucid. She passes, and then for 6 minutes she gets + receive pass effect and action speed, so in essence she has to pass then get passed back to to get the benefit.
That seems... underwhelming.

Also, Engrish. :argh:

NJ Deac
Apr 6, 2006

Fat Samurai posted:

That seems... underwhelming.

Also, Engrish. :argh:

That skill is actually very powerful. In most cases, you want to have an assister pass to your striker before you shoot, so anything that boosts the "receiving pass effect" on your striker is a good thing. At 7*, that skill gives a minimum 30% boost to receiving pass effect for a single point (I'm not sure how much of a boost it gets at 5/5, but it's substantial). Even just a 30% boost on an incoming pass skill from a dedicated assist character (which can add several hundred points of attack power) is a tremendous boost.

The action speed buff also allows Lucid to follow up a shot with a steal attempt more quickly. This, along with her "start with x% in action bar" skill lets her follow up a shot with a steal attempt very quickly if she doesn't one shot the goalie.

That skill is one of the reasons Lucid is considered a top tier striker in PVE, the Colosseum, and galaxy arena. Unfortunately, the AI isn't smart enough to take advantage of the skill in galaxy league, so she's not all that great there.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Oh, it's a passive, sorry. I was thinking active and comparet to "kick stuff 50% harder" it seemed pretty pointless.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Finally got ravian as my first 5* through scouting. She has a 7* evolution and with all the dark events going on I should be able to get some more decent dark dudes.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
To save everyone some trouble the Vayne - Hell boss match has everyone at 1k hp.

Even though I'm going for a mostly mono Thunder team with Kei as GK and hopefully in the far future Nari as assistor, I'm debating using my next 10+1 draw on Whirlwind for a chance at getting Mira or Mimi. My backline is trash and their healing is just so overpowered.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
Been having fun with this, for a couple weeks now.

I feel like my team is weak on the backside, but not sure how to shore it up.

http://imgur.com/xX3VW9X

To help that, though, I just scouted Anael and only need another 200 GP for a solid defender.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Replace that 3* healer with Mimi and replace the weaker of your two defenders with Anael, probably that 4* whirlwind. Move your 4* ardor attacker from the frontline to one of the sides of your midfield. Your team overall should be much, much stronger just from those changes. Don't waste your gp scouting another defender, Anael is seriously all you need for the back for now.

Ideally your next scout should be a top tier attacker for your midfield followed by a totem for your frontline.

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Nov 14, 2014

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Replace that 3* healer with Mimi and replace the weaker of your two defenders with Anael, probably that 4* whirlwind. Move your 4* ardor attacker from the frontline to one of the sides of your midfield. Your team overall should be much, much stronger just from those changes. Don't waste your gp scouting another defender, Anael is seriously all you need for the back for now.

Ideally your next scout should be a top tier attacker for your midfield followed by a totem for your frontline.

Thanks for the tips.

Now my problem is that the app freezes when I try to start it. If I uninstall/reinstall, do I lose all my progress?

I don't have a Hive login.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe send them an email first? According to the game it's info@com2us.com ... game loads up fine for me so maybe your device glitched out. Try doing a power cycle of your phone/tablet and see if it works after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Nitis posted:

Thanks for the tips.

Now my problem is that the app freezes when I try to start it. If I uninstall/reinstall, do I lose all my progress?

I don't have a Hive login.

This happened to me but only lasted for like a day, I have no idea what caused it but it resolved itself

• Locked thread