Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Man, it's a shame the SAVE IT, NED avatar is going to lose out when the Royals advance and the Tigers don't. That avatar was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Buck, you fool! The Tigers aren't the Cardinals and don't even have any ex-Cardinals in their lineup! Bud Norris is powerless!

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

mucocele posted:

Well, his full name is Monshadrick.

That is an even better name

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Poonerman posted:

gettin' shutout by bud norris

Tigers misunderstanding how to best emulate Cardinals Magic Bullshit

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Alex Avila is cursed.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

The Tigers should be commended for taking out a guy and erring on the side of caution when it comes to player health.

The Royals did the exact opposite in Game 2 of their series when Sal Perez got his bell rung.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

A lot of people I know (Tigers fans) are firmly convinced that the Orioles are either the luckiest team or are being handed games by the umps. Is this a thing?

Well...I guess the Orioles are lucky to be playing a team whose bullpen is somehow even worse than it was during the regular season?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

It's as if the announcers want the home run to count for less because it traveled relatively a short distance

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

October baseball is the best

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Carlton Banks posted:

Putting the winning run on base intentionally seems pretty dumb

yuuuuuuuuuup

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

FairGame posted:

yuuuuuuuuuup

what the gently caress do i know

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Lift big game James please

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Amazing.

Lift Shields though.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Make Peter Bourjos a Royal.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Oh my loving god take him out what the hell, Ned

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

You have a magical bullpen that is rested. You need twelve outs. Big game James has a nickname going for him and not much else.

Put the boot down you bunting doofus

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Some Numbers posted:

This is a good point; do they refund the tickets for the games that don't happen?

Of course.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Playoff tickets are one of the few things I have no problem getting gouged for.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

frumpus posted:

From the horror stories I've heard, Royals tickets are a bit different. I've never seen this town so crazy. That said, I haven't checked stubhub so I may be talking out my rear end.

e: rear end talking confirmed, looks like there are some.

$300 seems a bit steep. I paid $500 for cards World Series game 7, and that seems like the gougiest of opportunities.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

The tix I bought for Game 4 today weren't even bad. $45 each. Sure they are upper deck, but very reasonable.

gently caress, that's amazing.

I'm still debating if i want to go to stl this year. Flight plus hotel already is unfortunate. Will probably do World Series if we are so lucky though.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Jesus Christ I just compared stubhub prices for cards postseason to royals postseason.

What in the gently caress, cards fans, why are they so relatively inexpensive? And who the hell can afford the KC prices?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

fknlo posted:

Yeah, and there aren't many available. Like only 2 of the 5 or 6 sections had any open. Who the gently caress are these people?

They might come down.

Honestly, I feel like a dickhead because it is slightly easier for me to get to KC than StL and I was thinking of breaking my "don't root for the road team I. The playoffs" rule. I just assumed it would be easier to get tickets in KC, too.

Anyway, go Royals this is awesome.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Tetrix posted:

kaufmann stadium is in MO right? so there could be an all Missouri world series. I-70 series

This was what the 1985 series was called.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Carlton Banks posted:

I-70 goes to Baltimore also

"Meth lab hillbilly World Series," then.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

frumpus posted:

WS game 7 goes up to 20k

I feel quite comfortable saying those seats will not be sold at anywhere near those prices.

You have to be realistic when you gouge.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I thought Herrera was injured?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

This will be the best ALCS

But for all the royals defense, you cannot defend DINGERS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Grittybeard posted:

At the moment my greatest worry is that someone catches a cold in this rain.

I...did not expect this to be the case a week ago.

Someone post Marco Scutaro laughing in the rain gif

• Locked thread