Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Sales are up on the IL2 webpage again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

my kinda ape posted:

I keep meaning to play this again. I ditched my Tobii Eyetracker for TrackIR again since I was able to get a 3rd party wireless TrackIR Pro that I can just velcro to my headset. Works fantastically and I can still get up and walk around without taking anything off.

What time are goons usually playing?

Got any more specifics on that wireless one? Sounds nice.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Thanks!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

skooma512 posted:

https://il2sturmovik.com/store/flying-circus/

Flying Circus Vol 2 will have a campaign.

Large Western Front map (120,00 sq. km.) with cities, towns, airfields, factories, bridges, farms and the treacherous "No Man's Land".
Ten legendary aircraft of the era - Spad 7.C1, Airco DH.4, Sopwith Triplane, Nieuport 28.C1, Breguet 14.B2, Handley Page 0-400, DFW C.V., Fokker D.VIII, Gotha G.V., Pfalz D.XII
Aircraft models include field and weapon modifications from the era.
Numerous types of buildings, hangars, ground vehicles and scenery objects to enhance mission environment.
Detailed and precise exterior models of aircraft with 4K skins.
Full-scale 3D interior of each aircraft that looks amazing in VR.
Fly as an observer/gunner in properly equipped aircraft.
Custom skins support.
Pilot Career Mode
Quick Mission Builder.
Two multiplayer modes of gameplay - Cooperative and Dogfight.
Realistic ballistics modeling.
Realistic gun and bombsight visuals and operation such as the famous Aldis sight.
Detailed physics model and performance of aircraft.
Detailed damage model to simulate damage to planes made of lighter materials.
Mission Editor support.

Do you have to have v1 to play vol 2?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Yeah both of the above are nice and what I've used as well.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Grumio posted:

I can also recommend the goon-written "The Basics with Bonkers" as an overview and set up guide for the game: https://www.airgoons.com/w/IL-2_Beginner_Guide

Is there a link to the PDF this mentions anywhere?

e: nvm found it in the discord pins

That Works fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Feb 5, 2021

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Enigma89 posted:

For those that play multiplayer or are thinking of trying it out, I think the Finnish server is quite good. Made a video that breaks down all the things you need to know on the server. It's basically an online multiplayer pvp dynamic campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqU4YZUG15s

I have been playing WWII air sims for quite a long time. If anyone has any multiplayer questions especially about Finnish LMK

Thanks! I actually just was watching this video after joining the Finn discord this morning (flew there for the 1st time today). This was quite useful.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Who is playing this game and doesn't have Battle of Moscow? 1st person to quote this wins a copy. (note you need to have Battle of Stalingrad installed at minimum).

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

dialhforhero posted:

I have this setup, too.

I always adjust sensitivity and have a generous deadzone but honestly if you never used pedals before it is just down to learning how.

A dozen hours or so and you’ll be right as rain. You will also never want to go back to stick /twist rudder!

This.

Just think about stepping into your turn and it feels a little easier.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

T16000m 3 piece has been good to me so far

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Anyone us a G2 VR headset that knows of a good way to prevent fogging?

I can't play for like more than an hour after working out and showering it seems.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

One of the guys on the discord mentioned using the U2 to spot tanks with and shoot flares at when friendly anti-tank aircraft were close which let them zero in on the tank and kill it pretty quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Geez, a bunch of antivaxx garbage up there too.

Sad I ever gave them money, been an IL2 player for almost 20 years. That's done now.

e: maybe the thread title deserves an edit.