Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
NBC passes on Constantine Season 2, WB trying to get it a new home

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Come on CW

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Hopefully it gets picked up. Netflix would be my first choice.

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
Not shocked at all, but drat. :smith:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

I feel like when a show gets strung along like this and just finally cancelled at the last minute it means that we missed out on renewal by a hairsbreadth. Like they kept looking for ways to make it work, make it just profitable enough, and just couldn't.

Either that or NBC just loves stringing people along. We know the break up is coming, you don't have to keep pretending everything is still okay!

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
They also cancelled The Following and some other show

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!
Stephen Amell tweeted that if anyone takes the show, he'll guest star. Hopefully someone ends up picking this up.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
So since I'm never gonna know for sure now, do comic book nerds think the show was adapting the same story from the movie, where an angel is jealous of humanity and decides to unleash hell on earth so that what survives of humanity will be worthy of god's love? I would have loved to have seen this show's take on the devil, if it had a resolution similar to the movie. Also, is that story different from the John gets cancer story in the comics, and the movie just put them together?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
For what is worth, Joseph Morgan and William Shatner have also said they would guest star if the show is picked up

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

GreenNight posted:

Hopefully it gets picked up. Netflix would be my first choice.

I'm curious if their deal with Marvel would prevent them from developing any DC related shows.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Davros1 posted:

I'm curious if their deal with Marvel would prevent them from developing any DC related shows.

They paid an arm and a leg for the streaming rights to Gotham, I'm sure they can air whatever they want.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Valeyard posted:

They also cancelled The Following and some other show

They cancelled Almost Human for The Following.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

spookygonk posted:

They cancelled Almost Human for The Following.

The network fumbled that show as hard as it could in an almost deliberate effort to sandbag it. It was expensive, a sci-fi show, and had semi-big name actors who were costly.

All in all, it was a great short series that ended really well and never squandered its potential.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Now if only Arrow and Flash could be cancelled my schedule would finally be cleared.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
What a neutered attempt at this character. Towards the end the leash had a little slack on it, but man what a gently caress-up. DC really needs to up their TV game... maybe take some hints from Daredevil. Ryan was very watchable as John, I think, and I hope they do like a Dark Justice League take with him in it but I wouldn't hold my breath. I think the crowning moment of the show was the TV dinner at the wake.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Its officially dead-dead. No one else picking it up.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sminvn

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

This is a dark day indeed.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:smith:

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
The big mistake was not including Swamp Thing :(

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The show is double secret cancelled now :(

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
Bollocks.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Brocktoon posted:

Its officially dead-dead. No one else picking it up.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sminvn

Heartbroken :( I really dug it. Maybe we could get Matt Ryan guesting as the character on one of the other shows. Aw who am I kidding. We got what we did at least.

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012
Time to get hype for Lucifer, I guess.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Potooweet posted:

Time to get hype for Lucifer, I guess.

I don't know. The whole thing sounds like a parody of a TV show more than a TV show.

Chloe Dancer is an LAPD Detective
Lucifer is the Devil, Lord of Hell and Prince of Darkness.

Together, they fight crime.

I mean, WTF in a bad way.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

cool kids inc. posted:

Heartbroken :( I really dug it. Maybe we could get Matt Ryan guesting as the character on one of the other shows. Aw who am I kidding. We got what we did at least.

This is for the best since renewing Constantine would also mean more Zed.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I liked Zed. She was pretty.

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012

johntfs posted:

I don't know. The whole thing sounds like a parody of a TV show more than a TV show.

Chloe Dancer is an LAPD Detective
Lucifer is the Devil, Lord of Hell and Prince of Darkness.

Together, they fight crime.

I mean, WTF in a bad way.

My head knows it's going to be poo poo, but my heart wants to believe.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Saw this posted in the Arrow thread and it gave me hope.

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/16/arrow-producer-optimistic-constantine-will-appear-on-the-show/

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jul 16, 2015

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

It's official! Guest star in one episode, and they'll look into getting him in more.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

My main hope for this is that Dt. Lance whacks Constantine with a hockey stick.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I wonder what the chance is for this to eventually turn into a backdoor pilot for a CW revive/relaunch of the series.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

bull3964 posted:

I wonder what the chance is for this to eventually turn into a backdoor pilot for a CW revive/relaunch of the series.

It would be cool if next year's big DCTV crossover event would be them versus The Rising Darkseidness

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.
"Arrow: Matt Ryan's Constantine heads to Starling City"
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/11/arrow-matt-ryan-constantine

In case anyone wants to read a little write up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Hehe. Pedowitz.

I am a literal child.

• Locked thread