Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

I can beat Jeanne, probably easier now that I've figured out how to edit my party ordering and now have the CE's; it's just takes 40 minutes. :v:

My lvl90 friend Scathach literally oneshots her (and Tesla, no suprise there). So get a Scathach friend I suppose?

How good is Heroine X? I wanted to save my stones for another Okita gacha, but I'm stacked with Sabers already and her attacks/NP look pretty cool too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Wuxi posted:

How good is Heroine X? I wanted to save my stones for another Okita gacha, but I'm stacked with Sabers already and her attacks/NP look pretty cool too.
It's more tedious due to the 400k hp Great Dragon on stage 2, but someone do manage to beat it with 1-2 stars team. You probably should bring your max leveled team if you want to survive this without command spells though.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

I just realized her ahoge goes through her cap. :negative:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

How many artorias are there and why?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Infinite and fanwank.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Because Takeuchi is too powerful (or weak depending on how you see it)

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Namtab posted:

Too many because Nasu has failed to keep Takeuchi's rampant Saberlust in check

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nasu has never been and will never be the top in that relationship

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Saberface

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm actually okay with there being different versions of Arturia, but wish they'd never started making non-Arturia saberfaces like Nero, Okita, and Heroine X. It's just lazy and confusing.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Bakanogami posted:

I'm actually okay with there being different versions of Arturia, but wish they'd never started making non-Arturia saberfaces like Nero, Okita, and Heroine X. It's just lazy and confusing.

Heroine X is Arturia. :ssh:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
*Pre-FSN*

Nasu: So I think the protagonist should be this girl and King Arthur is her Servant that she uses in battle--
Takeuchi: But what if King Arthur had boobs.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Compendium posted:

*Pre-FSN*

Nasu: So I think the protagonist should be this girl and King Arthur is her Servant that she uses in battle--

thank you takeuchi

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Bakanogami posted:

nero is the best saberface, including arturia

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

Arturia Lancer Alter is best Saberface because she rides a thunderhorse. She is the most metal/brutal waifu, and thus the best waifu.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
It's us, we perpetuate the Saberface

I like Nero and Okita

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Namtab posted:

Uh, let's see.
Arturia Prime, naturally.
Alter, for plot.
Lily was just an alternate costume in Unlimited Codes, this one was the fandom's fault by calling attention to it making it popular.
Nero was so they could cash in on the Arturia brand and have a different personality at the same time. Kind of logical, given she was the first clone.
Lancer and Lancer Alter I assume are due to the increasing relevance of Rhongomyniad since Mordred's introduction and especially after Garden of Avalon. People had been interested in alternate Seiba classes since forever, anyways.
Mysterious Heroine X was a joke, April Fool's 2015. Satsuki the bronze heroine fights the 12 golden heroines to claim a spot in an extended Saint Seiya parody while Seiba tags along in a super obvious disguise with the aim of eliminating the seibaclones. Same basic plot as this event, really. (Although this time it's more of a Kamen Rider parody)
Saber Lion is the Tiger Colosseum mascot. It's a comedy game plus we all know (and Koha-Ace rightly points out) that Seiba is Type Moon's walking advertisement/cash cow.
Master Arturia came from a FZ promotional poll asking what classes did they want to see her in and the majority said they wanted to see her as a Master instead. So Takeuchi did an illustration and later on Capsule Servant, being a joke like Tiger Colosseum, added her.

That's the Arturias. As for the rest of the seibafaces:
Mordred was obviously gonna be a seibaclone. People didn't expect it to be a 100% literal clone though, although in retrospective it was obvious.
Jeanne isn't even that similar, but it's important for the Gilles subplot.
Okita came from TM Ace's Koha-Ace. It was a joke about Takeuchi drawing too many seibafaces and Takeuchi responding with yet another one.
Devil Saber is just Okita Nobu fusion. Part of the parody.
Gray I assume it's because she has Rhongomyniad. There's suggestions of there being plot behind this. (Like, apparently she didn't look so seiba before getting Ron? Not sure)

So it's 90% jokes and fandom's fault. Compendium is right.

Compendium posted:

It's us, we perpetuate the Saberface

I like Nero and Okita
I like MHX, jersey and shorts look great on her. Plus her concept is funny.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jan 24, 2016

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!

Kyte posted:

Mysterious Heroine X was a joke, April Fool's 2015. Satsuki the bronze heroine fights the 12 golden heroines to claim a spot in an extended Saint Seiya parody while Seiba tags along in a super obvious disguise with the aim of eliminating the seibaclones. Same basic plot as this event, really. (Although this time it's more of a Kamen Rider parody)

It's a story about the minor heroines of TM trying to get a chance in the spotlight, but the only one who got more popularity and merchandise out of it was well-established TM cash cow Saber. It's the kind of tragic irony you only get from Sacchin.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I'm just glad Lily has much more attention now, given she has always been since her introduction the best Saber design.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Half the joke of the Fate/EXTRA Servant designs was that they were all recycled, so Nero wasn't that weird.

Incidentally it's still pretty sad that despite starring in a game that literally had a costume option, Extra Caster's best outfit is the one in F/GO.

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!
So, is there any plot explanation as to why Nero has seibaface? Was the original Nero Claudius a girl, like Arturia, or did she get switched by magic weirdness.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Wili posted:

So, is there any plot explanation as to why Nero has seibaface? Was the original Nero Claudius a girl, like Arturia, or did she get switched by magic weirdness.

No, no magical pranksters like Merlin. Like Arturia, Nero was born a girl.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
I always did kind of like the explanation, "Welp, guess the historians cocked up her gender." It's so simple that it's practically realistic. Then there had to be crazy Merlin crap going on. Glad Nero's just a straight "yeah not only did the historians do everything they could to discredit me they also got my gender wrong wts."

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It's saber, guys. Not seiba

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Thundersword238 posted:

Arturia Lancer Alter is best Saberface because she big baps

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Twiddy posted:

I always did kind of like the explanation, "Welp, guess the historians cocked up her gender." It's so simple that it's practically realistic. Then there had to be crazy Merlin crap going on. Glad Nero's just a straight "yeah not only did the historians do everything they could to discredit me they also got my gender wrong wts."

Also historical Arthur was said to be a Roman so they implied that Nero was her ancestor.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also all the arturia lancer art on pixiv sucks rear end! gently caress!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Compendium posted:

*Pre-FSN*

Cake Attack posted:

thank you takeuchi

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Day 6 of fate: Shirou just can't handle the thought of saber fighting

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Namtab posted:

Day 6 of fate: Shirou just can't handle the thought of saber fighting

I can't handle the thought of Saber either.... shes so bad

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Sakura ftw.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nero dressed like a dude in life because she found it more fashionable.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Rodyle posted:

Nero dressed like a dude in life because she found it more fashionable.

I thought she dressed like a furry

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

"It was hard carrying saber back from the temple. Not because of her weight, but because she's a girl so I was extremely horny and it took me two hours."

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The fate route thus far would be much better if the central conflict were anything other than "saber's a girl, so I can't let her fight"

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Twiddy posted:

To be fair you needed to account for Mordred and the whole Lancelot/Guinevere thing somehow.

Namtab posted:

It's saber, guys. Not seiba
I have trouble referring to her as anything other than Seiba. I don't really take her very seriously.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Kyte posted:

I have trouble referring to her as anything other than Seiba. I don't really take her very seriously.

You should, she's powerful

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Namtab posted:

You should, she's powerful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Space Flower posted:

I thought she dressed like a furry