Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
All I really remember is that it was mostly for fun.

Like, one of your dialogue choices was "Hey, it's that guy in the commercial!" because that was literally the only reason Diarmuid was there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Gatcha games have plot?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
backwards batman, you have very little faith in our uncle nasu i'm disappointed in you.

I'm not sure why this comes as a surprise when Nasu's behind writing the scenarios and they're getting Urobuchi in on it for the Fate/Zero event.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

InfinityComplex posted:

Seriously what was even the plot of that anyway
First half is serious Shiki story about the current main villain Solomon create a Singularity from a forgotten page in history to wipe out humans with the help of a summoned servant, Dante. However, Dante is actually a nice edgy guy, so he summoned another Mephistopheles to lure the Chaldea servants into the apartment to stop the plan.

The good version of Mephistopheles (there is 3 personality version split to 'deteriorate' the apartment) helped us navigate the place while his other versions cause other servant to have anger/madness issue.

The place got so bad that Beasts of Alaya come out (Three 6 mils hp ghost that heal themself like 10k each turn) and will wipe you out because they are only compared as weaker version of Primate Murder (One of the few strongest being in nasuverse that have "absolute right of killing over man"), saber Shiki shows up and instant killed them all.

The team defeated Dante and stopped the plan. Post game around 700-800s room are 'rent collector' gag story with cleaning out left over servants in some apartment room.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 19, 2016

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
In other news, I guess KnK and FSN happen in the same universe.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

-Troika- posted:

Those two, tsukihime, and two other things I never heard of

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

-Troika- posted:

Nasu goes out of his way to clarify that they don't, it was just silly dimension shenanigans again.

quote:

The Shiki in the event is the Shiki after the events of Kara no Kyoukai. But even if the characters of Kara no Kyoukai show up in the world of FGO, the whole city would’ve already been in ruins. But Shiki is special – she’s dead, but not quite. Her body had burned, but it’s yet to completely burn up. She’s there, just right before dying, asleep. The Ogawa Apartments that we see is the dream that Shiki is seeing. During the event, Shiki would say things like, “This is an awful nightmare,” or “I can’t wake up, so come with me,” and if she does wake up, she, like everyone else, would die out along with the time period she’s in. But if she doesn’t wake up, she’ll avoid the destruction of humanity as long as she’s in that dream, and she’ll be able to return to her original world. If she’s in that situation, Shiki Ryougi can show up in the scenario.

Also Dantes is the best, his scenario is basically him trying to reenact Dante's Inferno with him as Virgil, the player as Dante, and various servants as the embodiments of sin. It goes mostly according to his script up until he tries to use Amakusa and Jeanne as Greed and Wrath, and they basically just laugh at him. He gets so mad about it. :allears:

It's even canon, because it turns out that when you met Solomon in London he didn't just let you off scot free. No he casually cursed the player to what should have been an endless coma, if Dantes wasn't actually a pretty swell guy.

EDIT: Summary here.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Apr 19, 2016

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Question Time: Based on the source material, is Fate/Extra
1. As good as Stay/Night on a relative scale?
2. Bound to be adapted well by Shaft?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

No.

Maybe.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Grouchio posted:

I'm not much for comparison but yes to the second one. The story and chars are good and the setting is very conducive to SHAFT style.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I feel like if you were gonna adapt extra you'd change the servant every episode and not question it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Baal posted:

I feel like if you were gonna adapt extra you'd change the servant every episode and not question it

+ Genderswap Hakuno

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

An ideal Extra adaption would be ridiculously drama heavy, only to segue into CCC midway through and confuse everyone.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Caster winds up the servant of that one NPC magus who survives to the semifinal round so she can serve as comedic relief to the golden romance story of Hakuno and Saber. Archer dies in the first round, RIP.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Except Archer had the best route out of all three???

Seriously.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
Archer will be the genre savvy but tryhard and ineffectual comic relief.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

BlitzBlast posted:

Except Archer had the best route out of all three???

Seriously.

E Luck really hurts you sometimes...

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
As penance for Lancer's treatment in Carnival Phantasm, Archer will die in every episode of Fate/Extra.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

+ Genderswap Hakuno

Well yeah, why would you ever have dude Hakuno

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Of course during the CCC adaptation Gilgamesh is the only servant and he never cycles out for the others

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Baal posted:

Well yeah, why would you ever have dude Hakuno

Because dude Hakuno is the best for Gilgamesh?

Archer too, honestly.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No they are not

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Well it's up to you if you don't want to make the Hakuno Is Enkidu parallel even more obvious.

Meanwhile I'd post that big image of Archer and Male Hakuno's unbreakable bond but I can't find it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Let me tell you how much I want Gilgamesh to angst over his boyfriend when his actual boyfriend could be there instead like in FGO

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The entire point of the Gilgamesh route in CCC is that Hakuno helps Gilgamesh move on from Enkidu!!!

Also it's kinda sorta implied that Hakuno summoned Enkidu as a Berserker in the unknown Extra route before CCC Gilgamesh, which is cool and I am sad it's not getting animated.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Enkidu's design is pretty boring tbh

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Lady Hakuno or bust

proof that she and archer are cool and cute VVV

Compendium fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Apr 19, 2016

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

Quelaag, my dear sister... Please do not cry.
I am happy, really. I have you, don't I?

Grouchio posted:

The Extra anime isn't going to be a straight-up adaptation. And "SHAFT has stated that Nasu is free to write anything without worrying about the budget."

:getin:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

God bless the Gacha bucks

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Can't wait for the episode where Tamamo info dumps as much poo poo as possible in 30 minutes.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

victorisham posted:

The Extra anime isn't going to be a straight-up adaptation. And "SHAFT has stated that Nasu is free to write anything without worrying about the budget."

This is going to be fun.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

Can't wait for the episode where Twice H. Pieceman info dumps as much poo poo as possible in 30 minutes.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Melty Blood's out on Steam yay

Compendium fucked around with this message at 07:59 on May 8, 2016

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

victorisham posted:

Carnival Phantasm except entirely mob characters. Honey and Darling arc plays out every episode in the background.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
...There's something I'm curious about. Why isn't the Counter Force smiting Solomon with great vigor?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

-Troika- posted:

...There's something I'm curious about. Why isn't the Counter Force smiting Solomon with great vigor?

Maybe he bribed it with those Diamonds from his mines.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013

-Troika- posted:

The Counter Force is a mysterious and ineffable force that reacts with the minimum level of force needed to ensure absolute survival against extinction-level forces. It's also known to use totally random people who have no idea they're being used to stop things.

Long story short, Gudako and pals can be argued to be manipulated/possessed/guided by the Counter Force and are heir instrument(s) against Solomon.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Twib posted:

The Counter Force is a mysterious and ineffable force that reacts with the minimum level of force needed to ensure absolute survival against extinction-level forces. It's also known to use totally random people who have no idea they're being used to stop things.

Long story short, Gudako and pals can be argued to be manipulated/possessed/guided by the Counter Force and are heir instrument(s) against Solomon.

This post reminds me of a point of contention I have with one of my friends: Can ANY spirit from the Throne of Heroes be a Counter Guardian? He says that only those who have explicitly made contracts to serve in that capacity like Arturia and Emiya can, but I clearly remember Medea having dialogue with Archer that implied that she had been a Counter Guardian as well, and further implying that all of them could be used for that duty.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

This post reminds me of a point of contention I have with one of my friends: Can ANY spirit from the Throne of Heroes be a Counter Guardian? He says that only those who have explicitly made contracts to serve in that capacity like Arturia and Emiya can, but I clearly remember Medea having dialogue with Archer that implied that she had been a Counter Guardian as well, and further implying that all of them could be used for that duty.

As I recall, anybody from the Throne of Heroes can be used as part of the Counter Force; that's why the Throne of Heroes exists, to save noteworthy legends to field against the annihilation of mankind.

However, they also have the capacity to refuse any given request Alaya makes. What Counter Guardians are, then, are the heroes who made a deal with Alaya, and thus cannot refuse to be summoned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff52-g00L-Y

I peed a little bit.

Bakanogami fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Apr 20, 2016