Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
He's saying to use a dodge skill to tank the NP, ideally swapping in David from the backrow if you use the Chaldea Battlesuit.

Anyway the real star here is Sanson because Kiyohime is both Human and Evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How am I supposed to be using Euryale against the raid bosses? Is it just her NP that does the insane damage?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

That and her anti-male stuns.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Raenir Salazar posted:

Use Mashu's NP asap? I don't have David leveled. I'm not sure what you mean here. Is this using the Waver/Mashu/Shiki (or Jack) front line?

Mashu's 2nd skill that provide dodge to protect jack from a NP.
David 2nd skill that provide dodge to the party to protect jack from the second NP.

Keep jack alive.

Focus on charging jack instead of doing damage.

AAA, but prioritize on AQQ to charge jack.

Have jack spam NP until orge die.

That's how I did it without waver.

Edit: Jack's dodge skill also boost quick, so try to save that for powering her NP instead. It almost doubled the damage for her.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jul 14, 2016

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

BlitzBlast posted:

He's saying to use a dodge skill to tank the NP, ideally swapping in David from the backrow if you use the Chaldea Battlesuit.

Anyway the real star here is Sanson because Kiyohime is both Human and Evil.

I have the battle suit, dodge tanks the damage but not the burn though.

I swapped Martha for Mashu though and did end up dealing 5.2 million damage though! From there I also just got the 40mil +50% and I am trying it again now. So yeah Mashu frontline it is!

Nyaa posted:

Mashu's 2nd skill that provide dodge to protect jack from a NP.
David 2nd skill that provide dodge to the party to protect jack from the second NP.

Keep jack alive.

Focus on charging jack instead of doing damage.

AAA, but prioritize on AQQ to charge jack.

Have jack spam NP until orge die.

That's how I did it without waver.

Edit: Jack's dodge skill also boost quick, so try to save that for powering her NP instead. It's almost doubled the damage for me.

Aha! I shall try this too!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Burn is fine, you want some servant to die so the backrow servant can hop in and cast their useful skill. Jack should be fine countering the burn with her own heal.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The burn is 1k/turn which is pretty significant, the heal is not enough to counter 5k damage over time that can't be dodged. Sanson's upgraded heal clears debuff on one ally, as does Medea's third skill, and Martha's upgraded AoE heal does the same to everyone, although she will absorb all the stars that could go to power Jack.

Since I didn't have Sanson leveled, I use Jack-Kerry-Jack, using Kerry's skill to focus the damage on himself and feed Arts starters to the Jacks, then when the oni pops his NP I bring in Medea to heal the strongest/most healthy Jack (and then she will promptly die due to class disadvantage) and do some extra NP damage. Mashu and Shiki just in case. Using green beans, ofc.
I can clear 6mil handily like this.

Other combos are possible, ofc, just keep in mind the burn is actually pretty nasty.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 14, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'm actually liking how this event is putting a lot of servants into the spotlight.

REGEND showed off his skills (and got his face pushed in by Sanzou), Euryale destroyed the Blue Oni, and Sanson murders the gently caress out of Kiyohime.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Btw, last I remember Servants are not Humans. They're Humanoid, but not Human. So Sanson only gets one buff against Kiyo, not two.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Final Fight! Sadly because of work I couldn't grind out the Red Oni. Final fight's 3 BP I manaed to clear ignoring the adds with Okita spamming her NP with Support Waver. Scathach *Should* be the superior choice but mine is only level 75, and I'm not sure what happens when she's cleared? I feel like I'm in a hurry now.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

DW dropped the DP costs of all the lighters.

If you already passed those tiers, you'll get them in the mail.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Raenir Salazar posted:

Final Fight! Sadly because of work I couldn't grind out the Red Oni. Final fight's 3 BP I manaed to clear ignoring the adds with Okita spamming her NP with Support Waver. Scathach *Should* be the superior choice but mine is only level 75, and I'm not sure what happens when she's cleared? I feel like I'm in a hurry now.

When Yori's done they'll put up the three oni up to fight again.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I like how each raid boss is easier than the previous one. J alter and santa alter wiped the boss with ease.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Does anyone have a farming guide for this event?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

BlitzBlast posted:

DW dropped the DP costs of all the lighters.

If you already passed those tiers, you'll get them in the mail.

Ah that explains that!

Nyaa posted:

I like how each raid boss is easier than the previous one. J alter and santa alter wiped the boss with ease.

I feel more like the proper word is "fairer" compared to the last one.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
How do you make Kintoki Rider permanent?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Finish the main quest and we still have one more raid boss to go through.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hahaha when you ascend Kintoki Rider he loving comments on his lack of a transformation.

"Transform? Sorry man, but I ain't gonna ditch my best jacket for a transformation!"

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I like how Kintoki Rider and Shiki both have quips about not changing clothes, especially since it's pretty in character for the latter.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://mega.nz/#!lJ9nSLAK!q-1gn2rh7mMPRSsKdB5NHnLan9QoRRXT06L1N-w_Vk0

This is an APK with the security stripped. I take no responsibility if it steals your account and kills your cat. Was created by the Chinese.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

-Troika- posted:

https://mega.nz/#!lJ9nSLAK!q-1gn2rh7mMPRSsKdB5NHnLan9QoRRXT06L1N-w_Vk0

This is an APK with the security stripped. I take no responsibility if it steals your account and kills your cat. Was created by the Chinese.

The last pragraph is really reassuring

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

The last pragraph is really reassuring
Maybe it's made in taiwan

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

As much as I actually like this event, I don't think I have the time to devote to it.

I guess my Kintoki will join my Irisviel in forever being unascended.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

That's a shame. This Kinoki is really strong.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I've been able to get every welfare Servant, Rider Kintoki will not escape me

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have four bear lighters already get on my level.

I still need to get 60 million so I can get all the summon tickets though. Thank god this loving 6 mil HP fight is actually doable, they actually did learn from the Ibaraki event.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So my old phone is pretty old, and i'm planning on upgrading to a new one. I figured i might as well get one that can run FGO, so does anyone here know which would be best for the game, between the Sony Xperia E5, or the Huawai Honor 6?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
For this event I'm just going to grind out Ridertoki as fast as I can and ignore the other poo poo. If I grind hard today I can do it.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It was actually pretty easy to get to 200m, IMO. Remember we're still not even halfway through the event period.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Freak Futanari posted:

So my old phone is pretty old, and i'm planning on upgrading to a new one. I figured i might as well get one that can run FGO, so does anyone here know which would be best for the game, between the Sony Xperia E5, or the Huawai Honor 6?

I'm running an Xperia M4 Aqua for FGO. It's a bit choppy and runs hot at times but it'll definitely plow through anything on FGO cleanly. Gotta remember that FGO's a bit on the unoptimized side.

An E5 should just do fine.

On the topic of the event itself. We got a good amount of time until the event ends. It ends on the 25th and we pretty much what, plowed through all of the bosses in 5 days?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I guess, but between playing Grand Order and Extra I can't honestly say I'd prefer the former.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

InfinityComplex posted:

I'm running an Xperia M4 Aqua for FGO. It's a bit choppy and runs hot at times but it'll definitely plow through anything on FGO cleanly. Gotta remember that FGO's a bit on the unoptimized side.

An E5 should just do fine.

On the topic of the event itself. We got a good amount of time until the event ends. It ends on the 25th and we pretty much what, plowed through all of the bosses in 5 days?

Thanks for the advice, though i might end up getting the Honor 6 anyway, since it has twice the RAM and twice the processor

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Speaking of Extra, I'd like to affirm that Tamamo is The Canon Route and that Nero (who don't get me wrong, is great) is only the face of Extra because she's a Saberface.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I always feel compelled to try to 100% complete events as there's always a material I end up needing and the events are always the most time efficient, then there's 500 mana prisms as I want to get the new Store CE, the XP cards are nice so I can finish leveling Scathach, amd boooones so many bones I need.

What's annoying is needing to grind out the event drops for NP5 Kintoki, since that's my addiction compelling me at that point.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

BlitzBlast posted:

Speaking of Extra, I'd like to affirm that Tamamo is The Canon Route and that Nero (who don't get me wrong, is great) is only the face of Extra because she's a Saberface.

You're not wrong, but I have a brand I have to stick to.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

While I'm dishing out hot opinions, I'll also add that Rani's route is more appropriate.

Partly because her being a homunculus meshes well with Hakuno's situation, but mostly because the whole Friend Against Friend thing Week 6 is going for works a lot better with the person who's actually been saving your bacon the entire time.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
My favorite character in that part of the game is the one Male Student who lasts that whole time. There's you, Rin, Obvious Final Boss, and then some guy. He's just some loving guy. WHO COULD YOUR OPPONENT POSSIBLY BE

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

You're forgetting Girl Who Exists For Taiga's Latest Sidequest.

Who disappears as soon as that's done, so I guess the Moon Cell let her stick around just so you could do some more tedious busywork???

laith_rem
May 9, 2015
It was probably an NPC.

Literally even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
There, I ground out 100 million BP and got the last Ridertoki ascension piece. Now to not play FGO until camelot comes out.