Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

SALT CURES HAM posted:

I mean, Kotomine literally ripped an oak tree out of the ground with his bare hands in F/Z, it's not as if doing completely insane bullshit feats of strength is abnormal for him. :v:

That fight is still probably the best thing Nasu has ever written, though. After 40+ hours of silly DBZ poo poo with magic powers, the final climactic battle of the VN is just two dying men beating the living gently caress out of each other with their bare hands.

that fight is gonna be so loving good with a ufotable movie budget

Anyway, is it just more or are they not using much of the music from the VN in the show? I don't mind much, but I like ever-present feeling more than the equivalent sad music they used in episode 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Zasze posted:

Im pretty sure the in universe reason for the classes was that shirou is a huge nerd, Doesnt rin see the stats as colors or something close to that?

that explanation was always a little weird because does shirou even have a computer? he's not really the type to see it as basically a jrpg/d&d status page

if anything it should be swords

like lancer's luck is one sword, while his agility is 5 swords

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Fangz posted:

Well. That was a talky episode of FSN. There were some deviations from how I remembered it, though, so I do wonder if we are meant to accept this, or whether we'll learn that Kotomine is bullshitting completely later. (E.g. the idea that masters have to kill each other, which I think is 100% a lie, right?)

kotomine is full of poo poo yeah, the reason the grail went off in the fourth war is because of the grail being corrupted or however that works, not that kiritsugu was deemed unworthy or something.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

remind me - how much of how the fourth grail war played out was established in F/SN versus F/Z?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm playing (reading) through the french fanslation of Mahoyo, and it's amazing how beautiful the game is. It makes Fate look like the original release of Tsukihime.

There's a french translation? Got a link? My french is rusty but I could make it work.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Is that how the Berserker fight went in the original or did they change things somewhat?

i ask because it seemed kinda unfamiliar, but maybe my memory's just to blame

e: It was super good either way tho

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

meh no effect is a little much, it pretty much nukes the area and is enough to have Ilya call Berserker off

also Crunchyroll spells Illya with two ls and it bothers me

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

someone posted some screens from the VN elsewhere and Archer's Caladbolg does the exact same thing there as it does here?

Rin even has her line about how he's unhurt after taking a hit from an A-Rank phantasm.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Blhue posted:

That's an HF scene, isn't it?

yeah but they are adapting that later

You're right though that they probably wouldn't leave that information out of what ostensibly will work as a standalone series

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yeah the show's in kind of a weird place because UBW expects you to be familiar with a bunch of stuff from Fate, so you can't really do a straight adaption of it. Playing up the Fate/Zero connection and showing Gil earlier is a good call.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i think sakura is a vampire now

it's a little strange

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Soylentbits posted:

My Celtic literature teacher pronounced it that way too and he assuredly did not know about fate/ stay.

maybe he was hitting on you

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i read the tsukihime manga recently and was Shiki heroically threatening to rape ciel in the original because that was pretty silly

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

remind me again why archer wouldn't just let caster kill shirou?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

wouldn't your past self dying also be time paradoxy?

although I accept that killing your past self yourself is probably a step higher on the paradox scale

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

sakura isn't a matou, and he means the new generation of matous aren't mages anymore.

Shinji would be the weakest master because unlike Shirou he has literally no mana, but Sakura is the real master and that's foreshadowing that

i think

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

does anyone have a picture of kiritsugu looking dumb?

i need it to help prove to the other thread that Shirou > Kiritsugu

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i hope there is a dub and liam O'brian reprises his role as archer

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

K. Flaps posted:

Hey guys, quick question. Why do they f*ck with their servants in Fate stay night again? Was it to replenish mana, or was there another reason? Cheers.

most servants are very sexy

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

well they should

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

sakura's okay

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

wrong thread?

A Pegasus though

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Hero of Justice is such an awkward phrase in english

i kinda prefer superhero from the vn, it sounds corny but it works better i think

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

this show sucks, i liked fate/zero better bad, or let's all post spoilers bad?

or maybe even both?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

in other news, lots of buff dudes in this japanimation:

i'm 'miring

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

Hot anime teenagers in hot anime situations.

l-lewd

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 7, 2014

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i've decided i'll only post in this thread now, and so only this thread gets my patronage of buff anime guys and pictures of Rin, because other thread making me like:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

there's saber

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

when you realize it's saturday and need to wait for a new episode of UBW

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i predict this weeks flavor of the UBW thread will be complaining about the projection magic. the words shonen powerup will be used

anyway neat episode, had a title drop and everything

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Unlimited Blade Works is really loving cool, imo

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I like the parts of UBW when they draw Archer to look like Shirou because he still looks like archer when they do it and it's cool

this is one of the many things im looking forward to seeing adapted, thanks for listening

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Here's a list of some of the things I'm really looking forward to being animated:

- Unlimited Blade Works
- Archer and Shirou's duel
- Shirou's Unlimited Blade Works

in the HF movies

- Nine Bullet Revolver
- The sparks liner high OVA which they will make
- kotomine and shirou having a fist fight to the death while shirou turns into swords

some epic stuff ahead, fellow anime fans

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Aumanor posted:

There's also "Lance of sure hit, shield of no loss", as far as flashy fights go. But what I'm looking forward to the most is "End of a hero".

i don't remember what either of these are, lol, but they sound epic

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lancer makes diarmud look like such a chump, lol

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

are the kara no kyoukai movies licensed? can't see them on bakabt

also are they licensed by a reasonable company, or is it like fate/zero?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

you can preorder the english UBW blu-rays now

http://www.fatestaynightusa.com/bdbox/

20% off even!

that's right, for only $400 you can own all 13 episodes of the first half of UBW, lol

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i lost track of time due to finals being over and it turns out it's saturday

time to watch some anime

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

that was a really good episode, drat

also someone needs to tell shirou that rin is supposed to be the tsundere!

e:

owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Holy poo poo, I thought people were exaggerating about the 400 dollar blu-rays. What in the gently caress is wrong with the people who actually buy those and aren't millionaires? Do they think that a spirit version of Saber will visit them in their sleep and shake their hand if they spend enough money on F/SN products?

for 400 dollars she better do more than shake my hand