Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
x-men is going to blow that guy's mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The tricky thing with myths that old is there's so many tellings it's hard to keep straight. In some of the older versions it was an accidental killing, in some it wasn't even Medea that killed them, and in some she did it to spite Jason.

What I do find cool is how the idea of different versions of the stories have different effects on the servant summoned, like for Jack the Ripper being different people in different classes or Vlad III being viewed heroically by some and a monster by others.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has TM ever established if in it's setting the christian God is just another god like there's dozens of running around as servants already, or is he somehow different?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I find it really funny that the "list of minor characters" on the type-moon wiki has Jesus, for some reason.

Dr Pepper posted:

Actually Medea killing her children doesn't happen in every telling of her tale. It just so happens that the play written by Euripides in which she does so is famous one.

Not to mention the actual reasoning for the killing isn't the same, sometimes it's an accident, sometimes it's to spite Jason.

Dr Pepper posted:

About the only thing He's been mentioned to do in the story is in FGO where He ordered Solomon to hide away one of his seven rings. Which does directly lead to Goetia being defeated.

Aurora posted:

i'm not sure if the church is elucidated on more in tsukihime but i have to imagine there's a reason they're as powerful as they are

I wonder if the fact that the christian God is still widely worshiped while the likes of Zeus, Odin or Quetz aren't has something to do with it.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DamnGlitch posted:

That doesn’t happen in fate, orrr at all so maybe someone at deen was huffing markers

Maybe he's thinking of Saber? I think Caster abducts her at one point, it's been awhile.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The remake announcement was what, about 12 and a half years ago now?

They only needed to wait a couple of more years to beat Duke.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Are they not removing the... The you know, from the Remake like they did with the PSP port of FSN?

you can say gently caress.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

at least the green knight is confirmed to exist so they could bring him in down the road. there's a lot of secondary/third string knights of the round table who have been pretty explicitly confirmed to not exist due to not being included when they list all the knights of the round table

fate can and will basically include whoever when they want to, people not feeling like having them in stories is the issue as opposed to not being acknowledged or whatever.

Which indicates that as it stands he probably won't show up because nobody writing wants to include him for whatever reason, it's not like his odds are significantly better than king cador or whoever. It's a distinction without a difference.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Sep 5, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

all im saying is that fate is at present unlikely to include dinadan

No I agree, I'm just saying I don't think the green knight's odds are any better. When was he even mentioned?

e: Though as pointed out bennienma and osakabehime were mentioned in extreme passing and showed up eventually, so what do I know? it might actually be a more recent mention, I dunno.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 5, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Baal posted:

What I don't get is why they don't at least just test the waters with something. So many Type-Moon properties have come to America and become such a facet of western otaku culture that you'd think they could invest some amount of money into an English TL for FSN with the amount of ports it has. FSN has had so much of its poo poo figured out at this point that they could do something like hire Xseed and have someone as a contact point with Nasu to confirm if poo poo's going well or makes sense wrt his intentions or whatever and see if the demand is there or how well it would go without him. I don't believe for even a minute the dude can't spare an hour to talk about concerns he'd have to someone and made sure they're followed, he does not need to be in the room for every little thing as evidenced by the absurd amount of adaptations we've gotten that have done just fine on their own.

Like this reminds me of how no one ever believed JoJo would come to the west because of the stand names and right now Part 5 is in print with the remaining parts on their way.

I remember reading a possibly apocryphal story about how Nash didn't actually remember offhand FSN never had an English release. It's probably just not a high priority.

I should re read the original tsukihime, by the time I'm done there might be a patch for for remake so I can compare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At some point nasu I think mentioned they considered an EN translation of the tsukihime remake (which is cool but it's still weird how long it took to come out) but I'm guessing that's gone nowhere?