Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Drugs.

Namely Melatonin just took 5mgs. Seems to be working pretty well been taking it the past few nights.

Bout to zonk out and hopefully get a good night's rest. Seriously if you have trouble sleeping and haven't tried it yet. Try some tis like 5-7 bucks for a bottle full of em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wit
Jul 26, 2011
I drink a lot of coffee so not drinking coffee lots helps me. Also I like to recommend f.lux to people but it doesn't work it just gives arguments on the internet a slightly red hue. Try f.lux if you can't sleep.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I take booze for this, it works much the same way.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Melatonin is really the only thing that works for me after 20+ years of experimenting.
Also: remember to help your eyes/brain wind down by turning off your TV or computer 30 minutes before you go to sleep.

zzZZzz

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
slir wrists

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
As much as I love his documentaries a good Ken Burn's documentary will cure your insomnia due to its glacial pacing. I recommend Baseball.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Strangely enough melatonin usually doesn't do much for me except give me weird half-lucid dreams and such. Unfortunately this leaves me stuck abusing unisom and benadryl to make my sadbrain sleep sometimes.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

If you take melatonin every night it's goinna gently caress you up

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
this thread... haha, you been PLOPPED

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

a guy, after taking melatonin every night: haha wow, my brain doesn't know when it's night time anymore and i never get tired until i literally fall down and crash, and now I'm depressed and putting on a lot of weight because I gave myself a hormone imbalance

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Funnypost Collabo posted:

a guy, after taking melatonin every night: haha wow, my brain doesn't know when it's night time anymore and i never get tired until i literally fall down and crash, and now I'm depressed and putting on a lot of weight because I gave myself a hormone imbalance

have you evr tried cuttin into yore gut and pulling out some of that fat............................might work, but im nota doc

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I lost a lot of weight by taking a layer or 2 off my gut every night with a cheese slicer

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Here's a tip: I print off my favorite threads into kindle format and then reeead them before I go to sleep.

It's relaxing and reading helps stimulate my mind. Last night I stopped after reading the post "im gay" and I can't wait to read what happens next

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
smoke a shitload of weed and jack off until you pass out if that doesn't work see a doctor

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Lol at the guy who's never heard of benzodiazepines. Melatonin is like my gf's ugly imbecelic younger sister; I use her if I absolutely have to, but the whole experience is depressing for everyone

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting
Take sleep meds that aren't addictive, won't build tolerance, and are unlikely to make you do crazy poo poo in your sleep (yes these exist)

If you have sleep problems then see a doctor who knows about sleep disorders besides insomnia.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

One time I took Ambien I bought and downloaded Blood from GOG and livestreamed myself playing it for about an hour. I didn't remember any of this until about a week later when I was going through my past broadcasts and found it.
Another time I made toast and woke up eating it.
What I'm saying is that I am not exciting and that I have no cool drug stories.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Absolute Lithops posted:

Take sleep meds that aren't addictive, won't build tolerance, and are unlikely to make you do crazy poo poo in your sleep (yes these exist)

such as . . . ?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i don't want to turn black op

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Ruggan posted:

Here's a tip: I print off my favorite threads into kindle format and then reeead them before I go to sleep.

It's relaxing and reading helps stimulate my mind. Last night I stopped after reading the post "im gay" and I can't wait to read what happens next

well, theyre all gay

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
Zzzquil. Ambien is more fun but I tend to do stupid things on the computer when I take it so nah. Benzos work but if you don't hide the bottle after you take one you could end up like me and take the whole bottle while blacked out and then wake up in a hospital bed and now everyone thinks you're a crazy person.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

ive tried melatonin a few times and it didnt work very good

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

This thread was originally posted in front page discussion fyi.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

a cop posted:

This thread was originally posted in front page discussion fyi.

Leaking the mod queue is against the rules, christ.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i just focus on my breathing and pass out in about 5 mins it's easy and free.

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
melatonin makes me drowsy as gently caress the next day i dont like it well see ya

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
or you could just try not breathing until you pass out from oxygen deprivation.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Kukash posted:

or you could just try not breathing until you pass out from oxygen deprivation.

i'm already dumb enough no need to add brain damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
cum

• Locked thread