Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

oknope posted:

Bayonetta 2 is going to be really good.
Sunset OVerdrive is going to be really good.

I just have to decide which would be proper to play when the girlfriend is around! :sweatdrop:

Play Bayonetta 2 while grinding into her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Buck Turgidson posted:

I've got a fever... and the only cure is buying a WiiU

...and putting on a full body cat-suit made of hair.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Ugh I just got a PS4 and can't justify getting a Wii U so close to it

I guess I'll pick up Bayo2 for half the price in a year, sorry Platinum

Return your PS4 and come join us for tasteful tits and fashionable fighting.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I have heard you can taunt to enrage bosses now. Is this true?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

That was in the first game too.

Man I did not taunt enough in the first game.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Kamiya finally chimed in on Anita announcing she's doing a video.

Crazy people are just throwing dumb questions at him recently and he's responding quite appropriately:

:psyduck:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Just listened to the follow up talk for polygon's review. Dude was really worried about putting up that score.
https://soundcloud.com/polygons-quality-control/bayonetta-2

We're so close to release!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Yeah those reviews look awful for Korra. Oh well we always have Bayonetta 2.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

notZaar posted:

I bit the bullet and got Korra on Steam. It feels exactly like what it is: a budget Platinum title. Now the real question is whether or not I'll still enjoy it without all the bombastic over the top action that usually accompanies P* games.
Looks like it's still got some crazy poo poo in it:

There's a Korra thread for the game up if you want to continue discussion there.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

oknope posted:

Cool Korra chat but let me remind you this game will be out and released to the North American public in less than 24 hours.

It'll be out sooner in Europe. I grabbing a physical copy the moment the stores open.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

We should have the original OP back since the game is out now.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Okay how should I be using Undine? Going from the speedier Rakshasa to these is messing me up.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Marogareh posted:

Use them on your hands on ice mode to freeze almost everything then proceed to slice motherfuckers to bits. I was also having a bit of trouble liking them until I used ice mode+chainsaws to great effect. Just make sure to hold down the button after every attack.

Thanks, I was using them on both hands and feet. I'll swap out the feet with swords and try.

One more general question: How do checkpoints work? Is it like W101 where you'd have to do chunks of verses before one or Revengence where checkpoints are before and after battles?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

I think Kamiya is legitimately terrified of women and that is hilarious.

Anyone feel like asking him on twitter?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Bayonetta's spoilers consist of the identity of Cereza, Balder's relation to Bayo and Luka, and that Jeanne is actually not a villain.

None of these really matter in the grand scheme of things because Bayo 1's story is bad and ignorable.

Bayonetta takes a jab at that horrible 20+ min reveal lecture Balder does in the first game at the start of Bayonetta 2 in fact. I think they know it was awful.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

So the Wrath of the Raging Demon-esque attack a certain bonus boss can do is getting some attention today.
As fabulous as this game is that is hosed up.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The Oldest Man posted:

Imagine if you someone could give you cancer on purpose and one out of every five or ten people in the US got cancer that way. Now imagine that "you were asking to get cancer" was a common enough sentiment that every cancer victim was guaranteed to hear it at least once. Random cancer jokes in the middle of otherwise unrelated video games would probably be considered about as tasteful as random rape jokes are now.
Didn't they just settle their argument earlier without you sliding in with this dumb analogy?

The Rodin rape joke was bad taste. Everything else is amazing in this game.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I've been able to beat all the one combo Muspelheims at the moment but i'm pretty sure i'm not doing dodge offset properly.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Is it possible to be doing dodge offset and still be terrible?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

So is Takemikazuchi just to quickly finish off enemies? I love the weapon but it tanks my combo score.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Yorkshire Tea posted:

The weird part was how much better I got at the game as time went on.

Like the last five chapters have me consistently hitting gold rank on the first run through.

It was a tonne of fun to play, but I can't see myself coming back and replaying, if only because of how much it makes my hand hurt.

The last five chapters were mostly the time travel ones right? I found I started to consistently get platinums just because the Bayo 1 enemies felt so much easier to handle.

Last boss though did not go well for me. I really don't know how to handle flying fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Eugh, there's Silvers in it.

• Locked thread