Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Hyper Light Drifter is an upcoming 2D Action RPG for PC, Linux, Mac, PS4, Vita and Wii U.

I backed the game on Kickstarter and they sent out a demo for the game for backers last week, and it's really, really good. There are a lot of secrets in the demo and I haven't found them all yet, but I am so excited for the full game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
This game looks sweet as hell, music is probably gonna be awesome too, Disasterpeace is composing it.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

hmm looks like another 2d retro pixel NES art-house clone.

is it also in alpha and not complete?

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Psycobladder posted:

This game looks sweet as hell, music is probably gonna be awesome too, Disasterpeace is composing it.

The music is pretty great, as is the sound design overall, all the sound effects are real satisfying

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
calling a video game arthouse makes me wanna shoot your head off with a double barrel shotgun

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Fargield posted:

calling a video game arthouse makes me wanna shoot your head off with a double barrel shotgun

it pretty much is tho

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fargield posted:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Seshoho Cian posted:

I backed the game on Kickstarter

Warning sign of bad decisions and biased untrue opinions.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
ty for telling me nothing about what the game is besides "action rpg", a description that every game made in the last 10 years technically falls under because it's so goddamn vague

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Hey this unfinished game is going to be pretty fun really I paid for it already, come on buy it with me- The OP.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
Hyper Light Drifter is decadent, cryptic and classy

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
OP you're better off peddling crack cocaine to kindergarteners, at least they'll get what they paid for and will actually have some fun.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

is it a visceral neo classic with crunchy pixels?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

t. reaps bringing some hard ownage

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

Hey this unfinished game is going to be pretty fun really I paid for it already, come on buy it with me- The OP.

I am not telling you to buy the video game, I wanted to discuss it because I haven't found all the secrets yet and I was hoping someone could help me out.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I think this game looks interesting, and I will probably buy it when it comes out.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Seshoho Cian posted:

I am not telling you to buy the video game, I wanted to discuss it because I haven't found all the secrets yet and I was hoping someone could help me out.

sure point me at the demo

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

I didn't back the kickstarter but I am excited for this game

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

t. reaps bringing some hard ownage

his new av is epic and so is his new 'tude

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
I've been following this one, looks really promising. A bit like Transistor, but with callbacks to SNES RPGs.

I've only ever backed two games on Kickstarter: Shovel Knight and Barkley 2, so I'm going to quit while I'm at least at 50%.

Dec 26, 2012

oh poo poo i backed this and completely forgot

lets see...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Seshoho Cian posted:

the secret is that its not very good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

:drat:

Dec 26, 2012

never mind i backed for cheap so not yet

glad it sounds like its shaping up though

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Giving crack to kindergartners would rule

I wish somebodyd given me crack when I was in kindergarten

The sooner everybody dies the better imho

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

You're hosed up and edgy, and a regular god-drat badass.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
when does it come out, I want to play it.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

klapman posted:

Dec 26, 2012

klapman posted:

when it does, i will

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

01011001 posted:

when it does, i will

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

this sure does look cool

maybe I'll buy it when it's actually a finished game and not a flashy proof of concept sticking its hand out for money

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

darealkooky posted:

ty for telling me nothing about what the game is besides "action rpg", a description that every game made in the last 10 years technically falls under because it's so goddamn vague

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
high plains drifter?

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.

Dat rocket slice gif tho

Looks gorgeous, we'll see if they follow through with interesting controls and combat mechanics and most importantly if they price it reasonably. I'd be pretty interested at 5 or 10 bux.

It's a good sign that they released a demo instead of going Early Access on Steam. If it appears there you know the development died off.

I feel like when games release too early to the public the team gets too bogged down in minor bug fixes and appeasing the steam community who goes into a rabid froth if their Early Access game has placeholders or bugs. And design by committee makes a bad game. The only time I see any benefit for a large open beta is stress testing MMO servers. /rant

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

"let's release a demo only to people who have already bought are game"

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
This game has Paul Veer pixels and that's all I know about it but it's still probably enough to get me to buy it eventually.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

OkieMurse posted:

It's a good sign that they released a demo instead of going Early Access on Steam. If it appears there you know the development died off.

in the 52 (it might be 53 now I forget) weeks that Nuclear Throne has been available on steam early Access 47 "weekly" updates have been released. all the off weeks were when the team was at shows promoting the game can we please stop this Early Access shaming.

would you really rather every indie game with no budget for play testers ended up releasing untested and with no external feedback?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Crackheads use fire to smoke crack so we should demonize everyone else who uses fire right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

one whole game used early access in a non short way

woah

• Locked thread