Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I missed this one. At least I won't be embarrasing myself. Good luck, commanders. :munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Dammit Tekopo, following three threads with the same tag is difficult. I'm old and easily distracted. :argh:

Just finished reading the rules, and I'm impressed. I see a couple of dirty tricks that may or may not be useful, but that I'd be interested in trying anyway. Hopefully the Goonmind in both threads can pull some interesting moves.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Tekopo posted:

Finally, please DO NOT correct tactical blunders on part of your fellow generals within your private threads. The team rules force Generals to independently assess the situation (along with the use of orders), the magic is kind of lost if corrections are made.

This is going to be great :allears:

I'd like to see some kind of post-game commentary on tactics from people who have a firm grasp on stuff, because I'm sure 97% of the tactical nuances are going straight over my head.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Tekopo posted:

I mean, people observing the game can just go on the private threads to see what is going on :shrug:

I'm reading both, and I assume anyone lurking is doing the same, so go ahead and lower your workload as much as you can.

Then update 33% faster. :getin:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Tekopo posted:

Gentlemen, we have first blood!

Finally. All this pansy rear end maneuvering and feinting was getting on my nerves. I'm more of a "Charge!" kind of person.

Seriously now, I'm enjoying the way cavalry plays. I think I've never seen a game where you can disorganize an army just by moving yours around.

• Locked thread