Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
So erm... yeah. Me+the band just got a freaking gig and it's going to be sick. Let me level w/ you though, I want to do some next level poo poo with this one. Wwe can't afford cool stuff like a stratocaster so can I hook up my rock band controller to like a preamp or something?

here is my bae :D If you have any advice please tell me, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
The signals coming out of the controller are just button presses, not sound, so no, that's not possible. You can however use the RB keytar as a MIDI controller, so there's that.

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

There's a local Chicago band that does video game covers and they have someone who exclusively plays rock band guitar. Maybe check them out and see how they do it?

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Jazz Marimba posted:

There's a local Chicago band that does video game covers and they have someone who exclusively plays rock band guitar. Maybe check them out and see how they do it?

I'm pretty sure this guy is trolling, or is incredibly dumb, either way don't touch the poop.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

yeah man, just like, get one with a tube in it. It'll sound warmer!

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Well, you could sync it to a pc, then use something like xpadder to control a softsynth or something. You'd only have five notes, but hey it'd be a neat gimmick. Also you can get a midi adapter for the drums, so you could have a full band of plastic toys.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

I know it might be controversial here, but imho I think you're better off going with a Guitar Hero controller instead of Rock Band. RB sounds are too wimpy to be playing a gig and the neck keys befuddle the notes. You'd have to check out eBay or GotterSource for a good deal on a first run GH1, but you'd basically be set for life with a REAL instrument that will last longer than you.

If that sounds too expensive, and/or you're handy, I've read about some people taking a look inside their RBs and messing with their accelerometer. There was a neat tutorial on it on ShlaviWorks. I'll see if I can dig it up for you.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

gypsyshred posted:

Well, you could sync it to a pc, then use something like xpadder to control a softsynth or something. You'd only have five notes, but hey it'd be a neat gimmick. Also you can get a midi adapter for the drums, so you could have a full band of plastic toys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlO1P_h4y3g

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

HollisBrown posted:

I'm pretty sure this guy is trolling, or is incredibly dumb, either way don't touch the poop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGGIK7X5Iu8

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Yeah I know it's possible but reread the OP, it wreaks of trolling.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Pro fuckin' click.

HollisBrown posted:

Yeah I know it's possible but reread the OP, it wreaks of trolling.

Yeah, if you can't afford a basic strat, which is like a step above a starter level guitar, you probably shouldn't be playing gigs. You can get a nice Telecaster for $400 though.

http://www.amazon.com/Fender-Classi...lassic+vibe+50s

Bam, a quality guitar for under $400.

The Shep fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Oct 22, 2014

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Yeah, if you can't afford a basic strat, which is like a step above a starter level guitar, you probably shouldn't be playing gigs. You can get a nice Telecaster for $400 though.
gently caress that amateur hour bullshit.

If you can't afford a top of the line Custom Shop 1959 Reissue Les Paul along with a hand wired boutique amplifier to play Mustang Sally and whatever SRV tune is the flavor of the week you need to step the gently caress back and leave it to the pro's, son.

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

iostream.h posted:

If you can't afford a top of the line Custom Shop 1959 Reissue Les Paul along with a hand wired boutique amplifier to play Mustang Sally and whatever SRV tune is the flavor of the week you need to step the gently caress back and leave it to the pro's, son.

Sadly this seems to be the general attitude most guitarists have on every internet forum in the universe. I realize you're joking but :wtc:

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

iostream.h posted:

Don't you hate when your semi trailer with your gear arrives before your tour bus, and those monkey-loving roadies mess up your settings on your gear? God.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Sockington posted:

Don't you hate when your semi trailer with your gear arrives before your tour bus, and those monkey-loving roadies mess up your settings on your gear? God.

No poo poo, loving heathens have no idea how much trouble it is to call the amp manufacturer to ask them what settings sound good so I can be ready for my 30 minute sound check what they think you just LISTEN to it and twist knobs and poo poo to make it sound good??!!??

loving morons even forgot my special vintage looking carpet that I had made to replicate one I saw during a commercial I saw during a televised SRV performance that matched one I saw during a Derek Trucks show that Joe Bonamassa had made in his living room and John Mayer didn't like it so it's probably the key to the tone with the fibers in it and the people made it and they forgot it and oh nice here's the lady with my soup and no utensils I can hurt myself with i'll brb thanks

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Und wenn du lange in einen Schuh blickst, blickt der Schuh auch in dich hinein.
THRILL IS GONE

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

himajinga posted:

THRILL IS GONE

too many notes you loving no soul shredder l2play with one note and make better faces

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Und wenn du lange in einen Schuh blickst, blickt der Schuh auch in dich hinein.

iostream.h posted:

too many notes you loving no soul shredder l2play with one note and make better faces

Oh I don't even play guitar anymore, I just stand on stage, soaked in sweat, and exclaim THRILL IS GONE with increasingly pained looks on my face and my lips slightly pursed

E: It's part of my new conceptual one-man show called "SRV and John Mayer 69ing in heaven yes I know John Mayer isn't dead"

himajinga fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 10, 2014

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

himajinga posted:

Oh I don't even play guitar anymore, I just stand on stage, soaked in sweat, and exclaim THRILL IS GONE with increasingly pained looks on my face and my lips slightly pursed

E: It's part of my new conceptual one-man show called "SRV and John Mayer 69ing in heaven yes I know John Mayer isn't dead"

in that case we need an opening act soon plz

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

iostream.h posted:

in that case we need an opening act soon plz

Will you let them stand on your TONE carpet, or are you going to demand a full stage reset to preserve TONE integrity?

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

pointlessone posted:

Will you let them stand on your TONE carpet, or are you going to demand a full stage reset to preserve TONE integrity?

youre not bringing your own?

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

pointlessone posted:

when i said open i meant open our doors our drinks our cocaine holders and the vaginas of our buxom groupies

what you really thought we needed someone else to bring the noise? jesus what a scrub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W424
Oct 21, 2010

pointlessone posted:

Here's a crappy shot of a real TONE carpet.

• Locked thread