Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

At this point I’ve mostly forgotten everything about The Cleveland Show except that David Lynch is the bartender for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I liked it better than the concurrent episodes of FG and simpsons, but they were both at their lowest points so that's really not saying poo poo.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Cleveland Show once it figured out its groove was consistently decent

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

You harpooned me. I asked you to go get help, and you harpooned me.

The line delivery on that was beyond perfect.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

limp_cheese posted:

You harpooned me. I asked you to go get help, and you harpooned me.

The line delivery on that was beyond perfect.

I wish Wendy Schaal was in more stuff because she's got incredible delivery.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

drrockso20 posted:

I wonder what its streaming numbers are these days. It’s always so weird when his family shows up on newer Family Guy and none of them talk except maybe a few words from his wife.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I watched an "older" Family Guy episode from 2011 where the kids switch places with the adults and it was surprisingly good.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

drrockso20 posted:

My controversial take is that The Cleveland show deserved a few more seasons. It took a few years for American Dad to really find it's footing! The Cleveland Show could have gotten there too! My other controversial opinion is that modern Family Guy has had some pretty great episodes every so often, Lois episodes are consistently good now after years of the writers not doing anything fun with her.

I can't defend the hurricane episode of the Cleveland show though, or the Family Guy one, the writers forgot to put in jokes or fun.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

The problem is the worst of American Dad is consistently better than the best or either other show but people don’t really give it a shot. I loved early family guy as an idiot teenager when it came out (thus my stupid user name) and American Dad came out just long enough later for me to roll my eyes at its pathetic attempt to parody neoconservatism and I didn’t really give it a shot until streaming it years later.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
The first three seasons of Family Guy still hold up as they have a certain charm not often seen in adult animation, as it was essentially Seth doing much of the same kind of goofy stuff he had been doing back at Cartoon Network, just now he was allowed to engage in some cursing and a bit more in the way of violence and sexual humor

It's honestly something we could use more of, like Bob's Burgers was kind of in that direction when it debuted but it ended up going too safe with its humor(like honestly there's barely anything actually adult left in that show anymore) and is a bit too down to earth and dour for its own good as well

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I watched an "older" Family Guy episode from 2011 where the kids switch places with the adults and it was surprisingly good.

Criss cross...

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I was wondering about this since the revelation that Jeff is actually a real person and yes

( he used to have the facial hair)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Alxprit posted:

Criss cross...
Apple snoss! Wait, snoss, does that sound right? That doesn't sound right.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

The first three seasons of Family Guy still hold up as they have a certain charm not often seen in adult animation, as it was essentially Seth doing much of the same kind of goofy stuff he had been doing back at Cartoon Network, just now he was allowed to engage in some cursing and a bit more in the way of violence and sexual humor

It's honestly something we could use more of, like Bob's Burgers was kind of in that direction when it debuted but it ended up going too safe with its humor(like honestly there's barely anything actually adult left in that show anymore) and is a bit too down to earth and dour for its own good as well
I feel the same with both of those shows

Bob’s Burgers especially just decided to stop really telling jokes much and focused too much on the kids and what they were doing.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Yeah I haven't watched BB's in years. Louise turned from a pretty decently written kid into a child sized adult quip machine and the rest of the family kinda got flanderized. It's also way too saccharine. Does bob even tell his family they're terrible anymore? I just can't relate to them anymore

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mx. posted:

I was wondering about this since the revelation that Jeff is actually a real person and yes

( he used to have the facial hair)

Similarly, I was recently asking myself "Why did this orange shirt/shaved temple guy quietly become a main character over time?" Any time there's a crowd scene, he's there, often as a featured extra.

Turns out he's modeled on/voiced by Parker Deay, who was a lowly production assistant in the show's earliest days and has worked his way up to a writer/producer position over the last 20 years.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

JethroMcB posted:

Similarly, I was recently asking myself "Why did this orange shirt/shaved temple guy quietly become a main character over time?" Any time there's a crowd scene, he's there, often as a featured extra.

Turns out he's modeled on/voiced by Parker Deay, who was a lowly production assistant in the show's earliest days and has worked his way up to a writer/producer position over the last 20 years.

He first showed up in the early seasons and I didn't even realize until my current watch-through, I didn't know he was based on a cast member and was wondering why he became more prominent in the TBS seasons (but not Tuttle prominent).

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

JethroMcB posted:

Like with Weitzman his character name is also just Parker Deay.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Somehow the Great North is on its 4th season now. :stare:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I still like Bob's Burgers but I think I can start chalking up its downfall to when they tried to make Teddy into a defacto main character for a season or two. Even though they walked back on that the ripple seems to have stuck. Still some good moments, though. And the optimism is something that was kinda missed in adult animation at the time, I think, so I appreciate it for that angle, even if it doesn't end up with as many laughs as a result.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

- Jeannie Gold!
- Tom Yabo!

- Genevieve Vavance!
- Braff Zacklin!

- Roy Rogers McFreely!
- Kevin Bacon!

- Horse Renoir!
- Chex LeMeneux!

- Clive Trotter!
- Miles Raymond!

- The Phantom of the Telethon!
- Cleshawn Montegue!

- Captain Francois Dubonet!
- Roland Chang!

General Juanito Pequeño!

Ricky Spanish...

- Max Jets!
- Jenny Fromdabloc!

- Frankie Carconni!
- Ruby Zeldastein!

- Uncle Roger!
- Dr. Penguin!

- Jojo Quinoa!
- Michael Corbin!

- The Legman!
- Dan Ansome Handsome!

- Arbuckle T. Boone!
- Lazlo Morphine!

- Shalonda Dykes!
- Dom Fikowski!

- Dimitri Garabedian!
- Morris Buttermaker!

- Sidney Huffman!
- Reaganomics Lamborghini!

- Martin Sugar!
- Burt Jarvis!

- Cuss Mustard!
- Frank Slade!

- Abigail Lemonparty!
- Twill Ongenbone!

"And who could forget Clip Clop!"

"Are they... on our side?"

"Kevi-i-i-i-i-n Ramage!"

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

FlamingLiberal posted:

At this point I’ve mostly forgotten everything about The Cleveland Show except that David Lynch is the bartender for some reason
special guest star kanye west is an insane thing to think about now

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Coaaab posted:

As part of the Illumnati as recall.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Coaaab posted:

See I don't even remember that.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The newest episode of The Simpsons featured multiple animated shorts that are parodies of the show Primal that are both extremely well animated and incredibly violent. It felt like the kind of big, weird, highly specific parodies American Dad does and I mean that as high praise.

https://x.com/OOCCouchGags/status/1772302475971706909?s=20

Maybe Klaus was right, the show IS getting good.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
and so begins... Marge Quest: Origins

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

and so begins... Marge Quest: Origins

Much like Chrono Trigger and Earthbound Marge Quest has a section of the game where the party goes back to prehistoric times.

https://youtu.be/7SOEWtdSqD0?si=HENhcj-LJY3UE18o

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d18qz7iZokw&t=16s

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Maybe baby.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Maybe baby.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

the stan the man joke here is so good

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008
Business bull?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Every night a different girl sleeping with the donkey I loved.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
the alien is quite the zany character...

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
It must be weird having a father who's two years younger than you.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

To quote Dom DeLuise's tombstone: "Great Meatball".

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

cant cook creole bream posted:

It must be weird having a father who's two years younger than you.

He's had a hard life. His mom left him before he was born.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

How...

How could she do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Raptures Delight was just on TV. It’s still a 10/10 of an episode. Every one of Anti’s lines is pure gold, and the poor craftsman gag is brilliant.