Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

BexGu posted:

Which one was Linda again?

The wife who’s got a mad crush on Francine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The_Doctor posted:

The wife who’s got a mad crush on Francine.

"Oh great, I know where this is going. Can I at least watch this time?"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I think she was on the bus that killed off the 50 side characters that one time

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Linda isn't dead, but the character certainly isn't really being used for whatever reasons. I liked her a lot too.

quote:

She is one of the savage survivors in "The Two Hundred" and witnesses the imaginary space village burn in "The Nova Centauris-Burgh Board Of Tourism Presents: American Dad".

Linda appears on the bank of monitors for Project Toilet Cam in "Paranoid Frandroid".

http://americandad.wikia.com/wiki/Linda_Memari

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I was watching the earlier seasons and it's just surreal how much more of an rear end in a top hat Stan is compared to later seasons.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Well he's learned so many lessons throughout the years--several of them multiple times!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

His unadulterated joy at seeing Sky Crooner in the next car was amazing

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
Sky Crooner stuck in traffic really made me laugh for some reason.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

TheWevel posted:

Sky Crooner stuck in traffic really made me laugh for some reason.
ON MY WAY BACK FROM FAMILY COURT!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The_Doctor posted:

Didn’t Terry leave Greg anyway?

Only because they lost the voice actor, which is a shame because Terry was great.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Brawnfire posted:

Well he's learned so many lessons throughout the years--several of them multiple times!

Really hate it when shows do that, even more so when they're self aware of it like American Dad is, just feels lazy

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

drrockso20 posted:

Really hate it when shows do that, even more so when they're self aware of it like American Dad is, just feels lazy

Tbf, at least half those times the lesson is followed by which ever character saying "Nah, gently caress that"

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

MizPiz posted:

Tbf, at least half those times the lesson is followed by which ever character saying "Nah, gently caress that"

I consider that to be part of the same problem

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Holy poo poo, I just realized Garfield is played by James Adomian. Good for him.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

FlamingLiberal posted:

ON MY WAY BACK FROM FAMILY COURT!

The sad saga of Sky Crooner.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Only because they lost the voice actor, which is a shame because Terry was great.

Yea, I always liked how blase he was about stuff, and how he was really not into a lot of Gregs stuff.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

Brawnfire those were obviously dreams, and I refuse to discuss your dreams in the daytime.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The funny thing about that line is that King of the Hill almost made that the official stance about some of the more outlandish episodes, which Mike Judge didn't like.

They had an alternate ending to an episode that was supposed to be a series finale and Hank was supposed to declare some episodes as non-canon dreams.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Larsen pork products is the best episode and totally canon

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

MizPiz posted:

Holy poo poo, I just realized Garfield is played by James Adomian. Good for him.
I was wondering who he was voicing. I thought maybe it was Chris Parnell who was also in the credits.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The way this is worded strikes me as funny because Mike Barker was kinda a bit more important than just voicing Terry, being co-creator and all.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I treat king of the hill after season 8 almost as a different show, the characterizations completely changed

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Next episode:

My Purity Ball and Chain
(Season 13, Episode 10)
Stan avoids giving Steve "the talk" by joining a chastity group. The Smiths build a waterslide in the backyard.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

A MIRACLE posted:

I treat king of the hill after season 8 almost as a different show, the characterizations completely changed

There's definitely a fair amount of episodes across the show's run that I pretend don't exist due to not being good

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

drrockso20 posted:

There's definitely a fair amount of episodes across the show's run that I pretend don't exist due to not being good

This is true of every long running show though, I know there are certainly a few American dad episodes I skip during a rewatch.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

This is true of every long running show though, I know there are certainly a few American dad episodes I skip during a rewatch.

True to at least some extent, it just stands out more for KOTH than most other animated sitcoms

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Next episode:

My Purity Ball and Chain
(Season 13, Episode 10)
Stan avoids giving Steve "the talk" by joining a chastity group. The Smiths build a waterslide in the backyard.

Ok this sounds like a Cleveland Show episode.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

True to at least some extent, it just stands out more for KOTH than most other animated sitcoms
The Simpsons is a shell of its former self.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The only reason KOTH hill episodes can sometimes standout for lower quality is that the show maintained such a high average quality throughout the whole run.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Ok, so what are our bets on Roger's persona this week?

I'm going with.... Waterslide Thrillseeker who constantly wants bigger and scarier waterslides.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
^^^^

OSHA inspector

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
We really should have contests for this sort of thing

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I would go with professional waterslide world champion.

vvvv oh that's good pick

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Apr 19, 2018

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Milo and POTUS posted:

We really should have contests for this sort of thing

Some kind of betting pool, maybe. My guess is that Roger will be in charge of Stan's chastity group.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I think he’ll be lifeguard for the pool.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

gently caress it, my money is on Roger BEING the waterslide.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Some kind of betting pool, maybe. My guess is that Roger will be in charge of Stan's chastity group.

In addition: Roger is going to be a sex positive protester morally opposed to Stan's chastity group, so he's both in charge of and the arch enemy of an organization he created.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Roger will just hang out with francine in the kitchen

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I'm going to bet on them making very sure not to involve Klaus in the waterslide construction after he makes an appeal that he'd be super-helpful because he's a fish or something.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Neeksy posted:

I'm going to bet on them making very sure not to involve Klaus in the waterslide construction after he makes an appeal that he'd be super-helpful because he's a fish or something.

Or he's involved and it's super efficient and well put together but Klaus still sabotages it just to gently caress everyone over because he's German. It's what they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

To no-one in this thread's surprise.

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/987427709407191041