Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
You should go up to the top area in Level 2 and talk to the guard Accessory :frog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Can you not customize the Accessory's responses with the voice synth in the English release? Unless it's something you unlock later..which would be kind of dumb considering the devs hyped it as "working fine in English" a ways back.

dPB posted:

So I preordered this off EB games in Australia and I've redeemed my preorder bonus but I can't see it in my download list. Is this because it's not out in Europe yet? Will I be able to change into my fancy suit later?

You should be able to get it. I went and picked up my copy this morning, though they forgot the code. Contacted EB, they sent me one within two hours and I redeemed it and looked like a business lady. But either way it just adds the costume to your clothes list and you can redeem it after starting the game, so don't fret too much.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Please give your Acsessory the biggest gently caress-off weapons you can.

Also, I love that lining up with your barcodes is how you signify readiness.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Volt Catfish posted:

Guns can't cut poo poo right. So are gun users at a natural disadvantage?

Guns actually do just fine, so far as knocking parts off goes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Endorph posted:

generally, i hold the vita in my hands, and press the buttons with my fingers

Who the hell does that? Get a load of this weirdo!

I'm still using the default control layout, but I might try another. I keep accidentally using First Aid kits, but that's my own dumb fault :v:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Fancy Hat! posted:

Is saving automatic? I haven't been given a prompt yet, I'm about to take the CODE-2 exam, so I'm not sure im out of tutorial land yet.

Talk to your Accessory in your Cell and the option is down the bottom. You do get a save message with some actions, but I don't think it's truly automatic.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I kinda wish there was a dub, because GEB's dub was hilarious.

:byodood: Get out of my line of fire! :byodood:
Don't expect me to say 'thank you' :c00lbert:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I managed to get one from a supply box in-mission, thing's loving GREAT. It allows me to be terrible with polearms but still sever easily! Great!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Gravy train I guess.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

That one is actually a special reward for clearing the first Ramosa class fight (during the Retribution) without losing sustainability. Thing fuckin' owns, I still use it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The Muffinlord posted:

I really wish the PA chatter was in English. Or subtitled. A crawl at the top of the screen wouldn't be so bad. I mean, I know it's all fluff, but I love fluff.

Yeah. The translation side of things is great, characterisation and whatnot is fine, but the rest of the localisation is kinda iffy. They didn't bother to edit any textures, so the UI still says "IBARA" instead of "THORN", tutorials still have Japanese screenshots etc, they cut the Accessory voice-synth stuff despite the developers talking about how it would work fine for English (and with a lack of dub probably would have helped rather than having to look down at the subtitles all the time during combat), the PA announcements are on obvious sticking point, and there's been a couple of outright string mistakes, one dialogue option I had was ##ERROR## and I've seen the "rewards from this mission" screen go out off the right screen boundary.

It shits me, because I'd expect that kinda crap from NISA not Sony, but the rest of the game is so fun that I can look past it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Well it did sell pretty well in Japan and debuted higher than Toukiden and a Miku game (though God Eater 2 did better yet), so prospects are good. Also most of those issues could be patched up, so that's an option.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

100 years for stage fright.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Gato posted:

Is there any way to see where particular field resources can be found?

When you're browsing missions, hit Select and flick through them and it'll show you what can be on the field in each mission. You can also buy some in the Fuelling Station, but generally just the low-rarity ones.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I go by cool looks, so I like Caliburn and Hyuga Mk3.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

DrManiac posted:

Wow this last battle is obnoxious as gently caress the first two missions are reasonable but the last battle with the abductor that has chains that knocks everybody away can gently caress off

Yeah I just got to this and Jesus Christ. I love having to do the preceding two missions again, too!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Yeah but the lady stuff is jest Generic <X> Skirt + Jacket

Speaking of clothes though, is it just one set of duds per CODE?

Have you been looking at the other styles (hit square)? Probably not gonna change your mind on it, but it is something.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Okay, yeah that helps. Also gently caress you for giving me a reason to spend more time on prison dressup.

You're welcome :unsmigghh:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

cg7-3.jpg

This is the worst goddamned thing. Just let me past this so I can keep playing dress-up for gently caress's sakes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

For those who play alone, who are your favorite AI partners? I don't get much benefit from those who have Defense thorns, so I usually roll with 2 Healing and 1 Binding. Which means Matthias, Beatrice, Carlos, Kai, and then Elfriede whom I just got.

I like Shizuka because she and her Accessory are stylin' as hell. I like Marie, even though shield AI is useless, then I just round it out with either Anne if I want healing or someone else if I don't feel I need it.

edit: My game crashed when I took a screenshot of the fedora entitlement and then CMA hung when I tried to transfer it to my PC :allears:

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Nov 6, 2014

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Stux posted:

They don't seem to use grenades etc when i give them to them

They'll need the "Use Combat Items" order to be told to do that. Here's my layout:

I gave her an Ez Wolfe minigun and generally tell her to break parts and by god she'll do it alright.

e: better picture

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Nov 6, 2014

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Speedball posted:

I laughed out loud when your Accessory tells you to sleep, then fines you for trying to sleep lying down without the entitlement.

Best part is, if you turn them down you get penalized for refusing the gift of leisure.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

7-1 has them as a 5* reward, I think.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Here's a incomplete but handy resource for drops: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_zq691tYSOxt4P0xcN1wwMzVKNljA2LdSTGMcp4NQI4/edit?pli=1#gid=0

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

What are the Contribution Booster percentage increases?

25% and 50% for the + one. They stack, too.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Really Pants posted:

So I should be fine with a Rarity 7 Growth 1 late-bloomer etc. etc. weapon, right? There's no pressing need to try for R8?

It's two more mod slots, but it can be a huge drag to get the mods you want, so.. up to you! I'd say you'll probably be fine.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Man whoever designed Peltatum's chains can go gently caress himself and die.

I want the trophy :negative:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I heard Flamethrowers were also good for killing the chains in the alcove. But yeah..almost got it legitimately but gently caress that, the fight's too awful for that poo poo.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

You gotta keep hittin' 'em. You see them change model a little bit, but otherwise you gotta keep doing it until you get a drop. On Ramosas it takes the majority of their health, something like Red Rage isn't nearly as bad.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

They sure do.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Eat poo poo and die :dukedog:

Well back to farming years so a certain someone deems me worthy to see him again.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

neetengie posted:

What was your loadout?

L4 Barbara's Easy Blaster P, L7 EZ Katz (whatever the Will'O variant is), Attack: Peltatum, AttacK: Abductor, Contribution Booster, Contribution Booster + and a L7 EZ Wolf III on my accessory. Flash Grenade, First Aid Kit+, Auto-Resuscitator+ and Ammo Pack for items and Binding Thorn.

Immediately level 2 thorn the boss and get the shields off, then if you look at it front on, kill off the lower right and lower middle boxes and the chains that come out, then switch the companions to Suppress Personnel and head over to the entrance. Keep your bot on Follow Me, revive them with the thorn as needed. Shoot the thorned area on the back of its head from over there and move back when Chains come near. Kill them off with the Easy Blaster, flashbang them if there's more than one and also pray they don't do the cold breath bullshit. Other than that it's kinda just luck with the Chains and friendly AI.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

RRMk2 parts only drop from the one in 8-2, not the showdown. For..some reason. Same with Orbtaltum later on.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

It's 50k years per "do voluntary contributions", I believe.

Also the last three facility slots are paid DLC in Japan I think.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Also when you get the entitlement, give your Accessory the orders Use Combat Items and Target: Gunners, that'll help a bunch.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

SamuraiPaul posted:

My sinner and his stock of 50 thrusterboards thanks you.

https://t.co/0R49iCbVXS

gently caress the police

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

IIRC Abductor core drops are also in their general kill drop table, but it's still just luck like anything else.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Aside from the defense augments, not really. That's kind of the game's most glaring issue to be honest. You die super easily, moreso than any other hunting game I can think of. It's partly offset by generous revival, but even that's not enough sometimes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

It's a strange system - in theory any weapon can be upgraded to 15 but ideally you want to make one that's of a high rarity (more mod slots) and low attack power (initially bad, but ends up being much more powerful).

So basically, find a couple weapons you like the function of, make them until they come out 7 or 8 rarity and with low power according to the range when you go to make it (taking Power Up/Down mods into account if it comes out of the oven with them), then move on to upgrading and modding it from there.

There's a nice guide to follow here: http://www.reddit.com/r/FreedomWars/comments/2leubo/dummys_guide_to_optimal_weapon_crafting/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

They're separate IIRC, but they won't push you past 100 for a single element, should you have that much.

• Locked thread