Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Lucha Underground on El Rey Network debuts on Wednesday Nights beginning October 29th. El Rey Network is a fairly new network that has programming centered around the Latino-American demographic. One of their original shows is Lucha Underground, a brand new series centered around wrestlers from AAA and the independent scene.

The only championship in the company is the LUCHA UNDERGROUND CHAMPIONSHIP.

Roster:

Well, that's some of them.

If you go here and click the "Watch Now" button and type in your zipcode, it will tell you if the channel is available in the area: http://www.elreynetwork.com/schedule/lucha

Anyway, this is a good place to discuss the show.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

All aboard the Prince Puma train

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Sorry but I promised myself I would never watch another promotion that hired Chavo Guerrero.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I don't get this channel. I get it on Unimás in Spanish but that's tape-delayed till Saturday.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Aw yeah, John Morrison Mundo and Big Zeke Ryck.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I am so excited for this.

I have no clue what to expect, and I haven't felt this way since TNA was coming to Mondays.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I was sold when they had K.Perez lick people.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

triplexpac posted:

Sorry but I promised myself I would never watch another promotion that hired Chavo Guerrero.

What about Jose and Jose-B

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I hope Ricochet is getting super paid from this because he's way too good for it

I can't tell which one is Brian Cage from the headshots

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Vampiro looks like hell.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

I don't get this channel. I get it on Unimás in Spanish but that's tape-delayed till Saturday.
4pm Saturdays if anyone wants to watch the Spanish version instead of watching on dailymotion like a reasonable person. You are very likely to get Unimas.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Grozz Nuy posted:

I hope Ricochet is getting super paid from this because he's way too good for it

I can't tell which one is Brian Cage from the headshots

He is none of those guys. IIRC the spoilers said he was just going by CAGE

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
please watch cmll instead of this

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't know who this Striker guy is but I expect to mark out for him (bro).

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Who's who in Lucha Underground

I'm an American so

quote:

PEOPLE YOU MAY KNOW FROM THE UNITED STATES

Johnny Mundo – WWE’s John Morrison back in a full time promotion with a style that might suit him a little better. He’s got a slightly different name, but is playing the same character as in WWE as a face. The big difference is, because of the relatively young/unknown roster, Mundo is the credible experienced guy who’s a measuring stick for everyone else.

Chavo Guerrero Jr. – similarly, a familiar name who’s role here starts as “a familiar name.” Chavo also resumes his role as the last Guerrero who demands respect because of his family name and his career. The preview trailers position Chavo as a somewhat bitter angry heel and that seems to match his actions.

Prince Puma – new name, new mask, but familiar wrestler to US indy and Dragon Gate fans as Ricochet. The Prince Puma character is an Aztec warrior, so his mentor Konnan will probably be a lot of the talking to disguise Puma’s Kentucky heritage. Prince Puma character is also a high flying face, and Ricochet will have that covered. Long time Ricochet fans would probably prefer to see him in just as Ricochet, but this can optimistically been compared to Satoru Sayama getting his own animal mask.

Son of Havoc – indy veteran Matt Cross, who’s been everywhere (including the last season of Tough Enough.) There’s not much known about his character here: he’s masked, he’s a heel, he may be a bit crazy and there may or may not be a “Havoc”.

Cortez Castro, Mr. Cisco, Big Ryck – a heel gang said to be called the Crenshaw Crew in the first show, but people with Lucha Underground implied the Crenshaw name might not have stuck. Castro is better known as Ricky Reyes, Mr. Cisco is Los Angeles wrestler Lil’ Cholo, and Big Ryck is ex-WWE wrestler Ezekiel Jackson (who briefly popped up on TNA a few months ago.) Bael, California’s own B-Boy, seems to end up with the group by the end of these episodes but it’s unclear when he joins up.

Ivelisse Vélez – woman who appeared on the same season of Tough Enough as Matt Cross, has been wrestling in US women promotions and Evolve as of late. Also like Cross, not much is known about her character on the show besides being a heel. Cross and Velez are a team on some shows.

Cage – US indy vet Brian Cage doesn’t show up in matches until the last few episodes of this run and loses half of his name, but immediately gets involved in the main storylines. Not much has been said about his role except for playing the same sort of muscular, super strong guy he’s done elsewhere, this time as a heel.

Taima claims to have a stream at 8pm.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Cool, why not? Mor ePro Wrestling on TV is a good thing.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

BigRed0427 posted:

Cool, why not? Mor ePro Wrestling on TV is a good thing.
*monkey paw curls*
There's a heel authority figure.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Yay for Maxine

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

*monkey paw curls*
There's a heel authority figure.

I can't wait to be sick of Konnan

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'll at least give this a shot, although it probably doesn't bode well that the unironic highlight of a promotion will probably be a dude from rural Kentucky playing an Aztec warrior.

Spermgod posted:

Yeah CMLL is good and prob much better than this, but it's tough to keep track of outside of big shows.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

What is the difference between AAA and CMLL? Why is everyone dreading this?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

BigRed0427 posted:

This isn't really AAA, this is just their booker's side project using a few of their guys. Most of the talent's US indie (Ricochet, Cage, Matt Cross, etc..) or ex WWE (Chavo, Zeke, Morrison)

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

The initial reports about it were that it was like wrestling power rangers but all i've seen from the previews is indie wrestlers having indie matches so I'm actually kinda excited for it

Spermgod posted:

nobody is watching this because they want to get in to lucha

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

BigRed0427 posted:

CMLL is the traditional wrestling company, everyone wears masks, trios matches, 2/3 falls matches, ballshot dqs, etc. Run by people who literally don't give a gently caress about a gently caress about wrestling but the company will never go out of business because they own a parking garage in downtown Mexico City. Their biggest draws are guys who were big back in the day (Atlantis, for example). And also Rush.

AAA was formed by people who were "sick of this poo poo" back in like, the 90s, was briefly probably the hottest company in north america. Is more of an American/Mexican style where they try and get rid of some of the dumb poo poo that CMLL still does but it also lacks some of the charm. Technically has some of the better talent in Mexico like Averno, Del Rio, the former Sin Cara (who is now really fat?) and El Hijo del Perro Aguayo. Also does some seriously weird poo poo with women.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
This is starting now.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
This intro...its amazing.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Anyone got a stream?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
wooo is showing it

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

BigRed0427 posted:

Anyone got a stream?

http://taima.tv/r/wooo

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

LordPants posted:

CMLL is the traditional wrestling company, everyone wears masks, trios matches, 2/3 falls matches, ballshot dqs, etc. Run by people who literally don't give a gently caress about a gently caress about wrestling but the company will never go out of business because they own a parking garage in downtown Mexico City. Their biggest draws are guys who were big back in the day (Atlantis, for example). And also Rush.

AAA was formed by people who were "sick of this poo poo" back in like, the 90s, was briefly probably the hottest company in north america. Is more of an American/Mexican style where they try and get rid of some of the dumb poo poo that CMLL still does but it also lacks some of the charm. Technically has some of the better talent in Mexico like Averno, Del Rio, the former Sin Cara (who is now really fat?) and El Hijo del Perro Aguayo. Also does some seriously weird poo poo with women.

At least since I've been paying attention (i.e. this year) CMLL has put on far more good matches than AAA. I'm not a fan of all the US indie and ECW influence in AAA. But yeah the booking of both companies seems pretty whatever.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Who ever is doing production on this is really trying to make this look like a reality show instead of a sport.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

This is kinda cheesy but at least it feels different.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I'm down with this if the matches are good.

edit: out comes chavo

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Of course he's evil he's not even Mexican he's Spanish!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the intro is hilarious i love it

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

KNOX

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

!!!!!!!!!

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Missed the kick out of the near fall to show a crowd shot

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Oh god I just noticed the ref

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU