Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you going to get it?
yeah!!
hell nah~
LOL IDK
View Results

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

idk what to think, on the one hand it's call of fuckin duty and it's sucked for a long time, the last one i really enjoyed playing multiplayer on was call of duty 2 and after that it was just gimmicky instagib bullshit

but now they're adding jetpacks and lasers and poo poo and it looks like i was hoping what titanfall would be, and i don't have to download fuckin' origin to play it

so i'm really conflicted, should i care???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

oh and unlike titanfall there's going to be a single player campaign, so that does add some value

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Ah, CoD singleplayer. *Quietly vomits a little in my mouth.*

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

imo every CoD up to and including Modern Warfare had good single player, and every call of duty up but not including Modern Warfare had good multiplayer.

considering they're gonna have a fresh start i'm thinking the single player has a chance of being good...

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Dexters Secret posted:

imo every CoD up to and including Modern Warfare had good single player, and every call of duty up but not including Modern Warfare had good multiplayer.

considering they're gonna have a fresh start i'm thinking the single player has a chance of being good...

I guess. The SP campaigns have all been turds since Modern Warfare.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I'm probably not going to buy it, as I rarely play console shooter multiplayer and the single player in CoD is pretty boring to me.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Call of Duty is epic.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Call of Duty is epic.

I think the early Call of Duty games are extremely epic, but I guess I have just gotten burned out on the series.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Game is probably going to be fun and also on sale for $20 after a month

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Bass Bottles posted:

also on sale for $20 after a month

lol no

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.

Lol awesome. Call of duty is fun to play with your bros and while drunk and/or high. I used to play a ton of it with my dorm mates. Good times, good times....

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

wasnt advanced warfare a 50gb install that ran like poo poo

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

So I just watched a gameplay preview op and it looks like every other call of duty but you can double jump now?? Then some guy ripped off a car door and the previewer praised the game for showing ammo count on your weapon instead of a HUD even though that's been around forever

what I'm saying is game on

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Ghosts was :shrug:

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

ghosts was so phoned in it was pathetic

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

what if this thread was about the Advance Warfare series of games instead?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

DICKHEAD posted:

what if this thread was about the Advance Warfare series of games instead?

it all blurs together. its almost like each cod game..feels the same

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

sorry i meant advance wars but i am sick

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Can we just have more ww2 shooters please, I need to see what it's like to kill nazis in 4k

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I kind of like these games for a month or so OP.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ghosts was pretty epic, as was the original Black Ops.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Call of Duty: Advance Wars would be fun. Shoot enemies and they would go flying off into the sky, and not because of ragdolling issues.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Ghosts was pretty epic, as was the original Black Ops.

For some reason Sam worthingtins voice acting always made me cringe

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

fun fact there has never been a shooter based in the Korean war

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Benny D posted:

fun fact there has never been a shooter based in the Korean war

They should do new periods to open up new markets.

Call of Duty: Sino-Indian Conflict 1962

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

i bought cod4 and it was pretty fun but havent felt the need to bother with the series since. saw a vid of this one and it reminds me of planetside 2, which mostly just makes me want to play planetside 2 and not pay $60 for a new call of duty. do you know how many gaudy yellow camo packs, american flag decals, and annoying horns i could buy in ps2 for 60 bucks

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't know how it would remind someone of a game that's more or less a battlefield ripoff, but uhhh, okay.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
last cod i played was black ops and i thought that was interesting because it came with zork so i played zork instead. the last cod i played legit was probably modern warfare 2 which didnt' have zork and thus it was a turd.

maybe this one will have zork 2 in it, that would be pretty cool.

chumbler posted:

Call of Duty: Advance Wars would be fun. Shoot enemies and they would go flying off into the sky, and not because of ragdolling issues.

co powers and super co powers instead of killstreaks or deathstreaks, i'm pretty down with that.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The character dress up was sincerely the only good part of Ghosts

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

DICKHEAD posted:

sorry i meant advance wars but i am sick

Sorry.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
i will probably buy it because i need a reason for my ps4 existing. get hype

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
I may just buy it because my Xbone is collecting dust.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

Black Ops was good but Ghosts was trash

On PC the MP of both those is pretty epic, IMO.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I will admit- making a knife only class in Ghosts for running at light speed and juking everybody was easily more fun than anything in MW3's MP

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
man cod 1-2 owned so hard. I remember COD 3 coming out and it sucked so hard but had vehicles in multiplayer so i still played it. but after that i stayed far away.

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's gonna be great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muddream
Oct 13, 2014

the wallrunning was the best part about titanfall, this is just cod with airdashes and can go to heck

• Locked thread