Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

I think having just one pet is great. In fact it's pretty ideal if you ask me. There isn't any other animal for them to fight with, or play loudly with in the middle of the night. Yes having only one pet is where it's at.

This thread is for talking about how great one-pet-households are and why they are the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweet CupnCakes
Feb 13, 2007

Did you ever walk in a room and forget why you walked in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives.
I'd be curious to know how many people that frequent pet island only have one pet in their house. I don't think I have ever only had one pet in my household at any given time.

I imagine it is much less chaotic/expensive/smelly/dirty?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

El Gar posted:

I think having just one pet is great. In fact it's pretty ideal if you ask me. There isn't any other animal for them to fight with, or play loudly with in the middle of the night. Yes having only one pet is where it's at.

This thread is for talking about how great one-pet-households are and why they are the best.

get trophy a buddy

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
lol if you don't have at least 30 animals pissing and making GBS threads on your original unsealed hardwood floors day in and day out

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

El Gar posted:

actually the optimal number of pets is 21

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Once I dump my kittens in the river I'll only have one pet in my house. I have around 50 outside though so I'm not sure that counts.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Sweet CupnCakes posted:

I imagine it is much less chaotic/expensive/smelly/dirty?

It is all of those things. I am serious about this, having only one pet is ideal.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

you deprive your pet of companionship on a meaningful level!!!

Quincyh
Dec 24, 2011

He's stolen the fire chief's hat!
I have only one pet, and so far she is pretty ideal. It's only been two weeks though. My cunning plan is to get another one as soon as possible.

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA
I have one dog and sometimes I suspect she would like a buddy, but she's so spoiled and totally has only child syndrome and I can see that going badly.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

says the person with kids.

that's like owning several large bipedal money eating making GBS threads machines that will rely on you for ~18 years or more.

better to just give in to your inner nature and collect show cats.

PartyCrown
Dec 31, 2007
i used to have lots of animals (two dogs, two (then one) guinea pigs, 2-3 turtles) (and now i have none) but i can confirm that the best number of animals is All Of Them If They Are Old Lady Dogs

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I haven't had just one pet in... Jesus, since we first got the cats. Having multiple animals in my house is just what i'm so used to.

Cats and Dogs living together, it's Chaos.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
1 pet 5ever over here

Kiri koli
Jun 20, 2005
Also, I can kill you with my brain.

I am a one pet wonder. I have only one pet and I love only one pet forever and this has nothing to do with the fact that my one pet would eat any other pet and I would have to clean up the mess.

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

I had one pet. Then I realized one pet wasn't really a one pet because roommate had a pet and parents had pets and then when one pet was really a one pet i realized it was a sad one pet.

No more one pet for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nightmare Zone
Aug 3, 2014

Do you like sucking jalapenos?
Single crested gecko for me. I'd like to get a cat or dog eventually but it's nice to not have to deal with litterboxes or walks for now.

• Locked thread