Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Magres posted:

Yeah the problem is that WotL both makes the game harder and introduces a slew of items that are terrible. WotL adds some really, really awesome powerups but also adds a bunch of stuff that's hot garbage (Pageant Boy and The Box really come to mind)
The Box is good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
How are there still people who like the lovely newgrounds flash aesthetic

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Pentagram showed up in the devil room by itself, huh.

e: man, these big rooms

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Nov 4, 2014

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Bosses in general "more bullet-hell-y" :getin:

e: letting random nerds call in might not be the greatest idea

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 4, 2014

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Dude just took an amnesia pill and erased his map. :cry:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Yeah, the womb entrance is now a disgusting meaty hole. Rad.

also lmao at these audio problems

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Wallmaster-type hand enemies. :stare:
e: mom's heart fight really is a lot more bullet hell, neato.

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 4, 2014

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
aaaand stream down. quality work here ladies n gents

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

:toot:
(I had an eden run that started with book of shadows, and got piercing shots)

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
This is the best room in the whole game. Especially with taurus/unicorn horn.

Also, first Guppy run! :toot:

Still just as good. Now for the other transformations, whatever they are.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Kurtofan posted:

Turns out the throwable bomb doesn't mix well with ghost tears
It has a really wonky visual glitch when combined with Flat Worm where it flattens and stretches super far as it flies

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Kurtofan posted:

I need to see this now.
just recorded it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u2CjUa3k1A
Wanna see if other worm trinkets gently caress up bob's head as well.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I never thought I'd say this, but the Magician Card was just incredibly helpful for me. It plus brimstone made the post-mom boss rush trivial.
Also, brimstone+ the brimstone follower is lovely.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Brother Entropy posted:

Seriously though, how do you unlock Judas?
Pretty sure I got him from beating satan.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Haruharuharuko posted:

Ok why is the music so bad? Its like they looked at the uptempo awesomeness of the first game and said you know what gently caress that heres some silent hill music instead. Loving the game but gently caress I just started to listen to the originals music instead.
To offer a different perspective, I was never really into the music of the original but I loving love this OST. Especially the tracks with lots of harsh noise like the Mom's heart music.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Damo posted:

Anyone know what the "How to Jump" item does? I got it and accidentally got rid of it before using it, and now I hear everyone saying how fun and awesome it is and I feel like I missed out bad and really wanna know what it does now.
You just press space+a direction and isaac leaps that way, really quickly. Goes over holes(and I think enemies, although I'm pretty sure shots still hit you) and there's no charge-you can use it whenever you want. Makes backtracking very quick.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
so does ipecac just not hurt you anymore or did I accidentally get something which makes me immune to my own blast explosions

I'm pretty sure it's the latter but it's wild either way

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
anyways I just got done with my first ??? run in rebirth, where i dropped ipecac, something that made ipecac not hurt me, tammy's head, and 9-volt so tammy's head recharged like blue candle. so of course I did the boss rush

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2AOEhNNmZE

this thing is honestly my favorite part of the whole game right now. what a beautiful mess

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Found a combo where I actually like My Reflection: reflection+antigravity tears+coal.(ideally with high rate of fire)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh7UJh9Rzxo

Really really fun to use. Also can do a whole lot of damage.
It handles weirdly because where you sling bullets depends on what you pressed when you spawned them, not when you release them, so if you start holding down left, then switch to holding down right before releasing, most of the bullets will still slingshot left. So you need to know which way you're gonna be lobbing them beforehand.

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Nov 5, 2014

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
In depths there was a door covered with wood which I blew open with multiple bombs. Inside was a bed(???) which was surrounded with spikes and a carpet. I bombed the carpet and an entrance straight to womb 1 opened up. What is going on :stare:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I just got Mama's boy legit. Sure wish I was this capable back in the original so that hadn't taken me like 2 years

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
So, I'm pretty sure that the damage new Pinking Shears does is derived from your shot damage, because I got polyphemus and. uh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSjrpcOckLo

I did also have bff which probably buffs it but that's a little ludicrous

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Met posted:

What does Rainbow Poop do?
Heals you when you break it.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
so what is it that makes you get randomly teleported when enemies hit you? I've lost a couple runs to it but I can't figure out why it happened.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

I just beat isaac on one red heart and it was, very stressful
No problems with the tear patterns but the carpet-bombing light rays are a massive pain in the dick.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

gently caress yes. :toot:

Some fun things in the chest:

A huge room with multiple dinguses and a ton of Large poops

A huge room with like at least 8 wraths, and 2-3 super wrathes

gently caress

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Well, sure wasn't as hard this time around

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Just had a run where I got polyphemus in the first item room, then a devil deal for mom's knife in cellar 2.
Had a really fun time one shotting everything in the boss rush.

YY7T
EYG0

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Nov 6, 2014

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Oh gently caress me. Was playing ???, early on did a deal for Juda's Shadow and killed myself to respawn for the boosted damage. Apparently respawning as the little shadow dude means you actually count as Judas instead from that point on, so now I have cathedral/chest cleared on Judas without actually doing that and I'll need to do it again on ???.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

:toot:

Read posted:

Yes it does, basically undodgeable in its last phase.
Now I'm mad that I didn't record beating it with only one HP.
The Item you get from beating him is called "Missing poster", by the way.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

RatHat posted:

Apparently to unlock the real final boss you need to bomb two Angels and collect 2 halves of a key. Then you bring it to the chest to fight the boss. The boss is Mega Satan and the fight sounds nuts.
I was wondering what that giant locked door was.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
All of you saying that the music is worse are crazy. If you don't think that this or this (or especially this) are great I don't even know what to say.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

dis astranagant posted:

Guppy mode in Head Trauma is nuts, but I'm not sure I want to give up the boss shredding power of the shears.
You don't need to keep the spacebar item to stay Guppy.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZk1hg6-bOo

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Zoness posted:

I dunno it's not https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olmhqonMXBo or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmFlsVUCBc4 or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFaTP4FoRfU.

And specifically the ambience for caves and depths is just annoying and I miss the goofy 8 bit unicorn invincibility theme.
None of the music in the original ever seemed that good to me, but that third one actually gets on my nerves. The synth is so annoyingly high-pitched.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

KingShiro posted:

Tiny planet + Ipecac is as awful as you'd imagine.
There is an item that makes you immune to your own explosions, though. Had fun with ipecac+tammy's head with that.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Manatee Cannon posted:

Azazel is really interesting, but how viable it is depends on what you get in the long run. Having to get that close to mom's heart or something is a death sentence.
This is so very not true that I had to go and record something to demonstrate

Video is me playing as Azazel, picking up no items at all along the way, just consumables, and still beating Mom's Heart without much trouble(minus some weird glitch where a summon gets stuck in a corner). Fight is at 21:34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkZZF6kK370

Azazel is ez mode

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Nov 7, 2014

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Internet Kraken posted:

Up to a 3 win streak now because my Eve run gave me a dark bum which basically wins the game for her. I still suck though. Went into heart room with a full health bar, came out with one heart left. There's just so much poo poo going on that I can't figure out an actual strategy for it other than spray and pray. I still haven't unlocked Sampson too.
You just gotta look for holes in the patterns. Don't be afraid to back off out of where you can shoot it from in order to dodge, avoiding the shots is more worthwhile than getting in a little extra damage at the expense of health.
The tricky pattern is this one, but once you get the timing down it's not so bad. Basically when one bullet moves forward, it makes a larger gap to move through before the one behind it also accelerates slightly after.(also keep in mind they're basically all easier to dodge farther away from the heart because they spread out more.)

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Loot posted:

Lucky Foot got nerfed so PhD doesn't feel useless anymore.

Guess it makes sense, but in the long run, Lazarus and Azazel are the most OP characters in Binding now. Just can't catch a break, I spose.
Look at this guy who doesn't have the d6 yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Crosspeice posted:

Uggggggh, the one thing I dislike about this game is due to its RNG nature, you can end up with a really boring, dull run where you get no familiars, no big damage items, no orbitals and just bang your head against the wall until you run out of health pickups. Pretty Fly is by far the best endgame item because it makes the tough bosses at the end not a damage race. Because if it is, they will win.
Not if you get good at dodging their patterns. It's not like isaac/??? attack primarily through highly unpredictable, RoF punishing revenge bullets anymore.
Not to say that orbitals aren't great, because they very much are.

Beasteh posted:

http://platinumgod.co.uk/dark-bum is a fairly accurate description of dark bum.
A+