Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you think may sign TNA to a new TV deal?
Spike
WGN
Univision
WWE Network
View Results

• Locked thread
Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Is TNA going to do pay-per-view at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Burt Buckle posted:

if a tree falls in the woods and does a thousand buys does it make a sound?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

yeah I'd say something like 'we just need to drop ppv' but the audience had done that for them. Did we ever get numbers on Bound for Glory's buyrate?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

reminder that their taped ppv specials did so poorly that a provider removed it from their schedule and showed a marathon of Up the Skirt 2: Thongs Revealed instead

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
DirecTV, even.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

oatgan posted:

reminder that their taped ppv specials did so poorly that a provider removed it from their schedule and showed a marathon of Up the Skirt 2: Thongs Revealed instead

Whose dumb loving idea was it to have a pre-taped wrestling ppv? If they can't do it live then they shouldn't do them at all.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Burt Buckle posted:

Whose dumb loving idea was it to have a pre-taped wrestling ppv? If they can't do it live then they shouldn't do them at all.
They were contractually obligated and taping was cheaper.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

They were contractually obligated and taping was cheaper.

But of course they managed to spend so much on the PPV tapings that they fell weeks behind paying their crew and talent.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

MassRafTer posted:

But of course they managed to spend so much on the PPV tapings that they fell weeks behind paying their crew and talent.

If they weren't going to show them for months, why should talent get paid until they are shown? :smugdog:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

PPV income has a lag time! It's not Dixie's fault!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hey if you made it to 2015 with two broken legs and your intestines trailing behind you, that counts as making it, right?

Also I watched Discover all week last week because of the Mythbusters marathon and didn't see a single TNA/impact/Dixiefuck ad.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Though this happened last month:

Kurt Angle Re-signs With TNA Wrestling!
http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/6264

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

rovert posted:

Ahem, that picture clearly says he resigns.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

rovert posted:

quote:

IMPACT WRESTLING premieres in its permanent time slot on Fridays from 9-11 PM ET beginning January 16 on Destination America. And, IMPACT WRESTLING: UNLOCKED with Mike Tenay premieres in its permanent time slot on Saturdays from 10 AM-Noon ET beginning January 17, immediately followed by TNA GREATEST MATCHES from Noon-1 PM ET.

Who wants to bet that those 3 shows combined doesn't match the number of viewers of Impact on Spike?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

dsriggs posted:

Who wants to bet that those 3 shows combined doesn't match the number of viewers of Impact on Spike?

If Impact and two completely worthless clip shows manage to come even somewhat close to 1 million viewers on Destination America, then the move will be shockingly successful (in the sense that I expect Impact to get about 300,000 viewers, and any TNA B-shows about 100,000 each).

Edit: Oh god I just realized that the two clip shows will be 3 straight hours of TNA on Saturday mornings. If those two do 100,000 combined I'll be amazed.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 30, 2014

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I'm really curious how those other shows are going to do compared to Impact, as it's the kind of thing even fans of the product won't go out of the way to see.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
I'm shocked TNA hasn't started a Kickstarter or Patreon account at this point to pay for some of its talent...

Though, given how little money their fans want to spend, plus Magnus calling them 'spoiled', it'll be embarassingly little...

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Burt Buckle posted:

View all TNA pay-per-views for $9.99 a month on the brand new TNA network*!

* Only on AOL

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MisterZimbu posted:

View all TNA pay-per-views for $9.99 a month on the brand new TNA network*!

* Only on AOL

AOL is too fancy for them. They'd use Prodigy or CompuServe.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
In bigger TNA news:
https://www.facebook.com/TheRealBrookeAdams/posts/10152885440360310

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Doesn't sound like things are right in Dixieland

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Doesn't sound like things are right in Dixieland

Really Al? you don't know why you can't end a company e-mail with 'Later Bitches'?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If that's how the story of Al Snow ends, it's fitting.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Onmi posted:

Really Al? you don't know why you can't end a company e-mail with 'Later Bitches'?
I'll give him credit here and say the joke-reveal isn't that he's rude, it's that's he's leaving.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Golden Bee posted:

I'll give him credit here and say the joke-reveal isn't that he's rude, it's that's he's leaving.

Oh man, I take it back if that's the e-mail he sent off as he was leaving. That is entirely warranted.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Has the Snow / Grado money match already happened??

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Basic Chunnel posted:

I don't know whether a match between the two took place, but looking at how the question is phrased I'm going to go with 'no' either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Basic Chunnel posted:

Snow vs Grado vs Money Manziel seems like an entirely plausible future at this point.

• Locked thread