Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I think they investigated this and said that the reason is that the tendons in the feet get eaten by fish and bottom feeders first so tend to float away from the rest of the body that the mob carefully weighted down with a carpet and several cinder blocks.

But also yes, put up your feets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

"It's obviously because of intrusive and bureaucratic EU regulations," said the UKIP leader, Nigel Farage, "Forcing a whole town of hard-working British people to share one butthole between them, while illegal immigrants are virtually showered with buttholes as soon as they enter the country."

He actually said basically this when asked about it, you know. dipshittery here.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

El Estrago Bonito posted:

If you were scared about conspiracy theories you'd be terrified by a lot of those patches:

I think it's more just nerds who are in charge of things like legitimate spy satellites, and when you get in that position it's basically your sworn duty as a nerd to make something look as much like something that Cobra would have planned as possible.

I was always partial to this one, personally:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Geokinesis posted:

Mine wasn't from a tabloid either, its from the "women's mags".

They're worse and contain less truth than any newspaper but have some of the best/worst titles and articles.

That's me after a night of drinking hot sauce. Like. Neat hot sauce. From a bottle. I have a problem.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

After mountain dews famous "mountain dew hitler did nothing wrong" flavour fuckup I'm amazed they opened it up to the public.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I mean come on if it's a gamble between inadvertantly punching a stranger and actually punching shia labouef it's kind of a no brainer you would take that gamble.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Your tinfoil hat is 99.9999999999997% empty space.

Everything is, and theres only one electron holding it together by being in every position at once.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Eat This Glob posted:

Shitloads of people eat pigeon, and not just drunken hobos hell bent on buying more booze. In fact, 5 of the results on the first page for "pigeon recipes" go to UK sites so it doesn't even seem particularly weird there. What a weird-rear end story.

Yes, as wood pidgeon is a good meat from a good bird that generally lives in the countryside. Feral, city pidgeons (or, domesticated rock doves as they are also known) are full of both parasites, disease and whatever poo poo heavy metals and plastic they've bioaccumulated by foraging for sustenance in a fine mixture of traffic exhaust, trash and other pidgeons (since the stronger birds routinely peck to death weak or sick birds to eat them).

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

cnut posted:

hosed up if true:

"I BURNT MY BELL END ON GREGGS PASTY - NOW IM SUING THEM" seems to come to mind here.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

If you spend less money you end up with more of it left over.

I should note that "help to buy" just means they're forcing charities to sell their housing association houses for a 25% discount to people who've previously lived in them. It's basically a way of propping up housing prices by reducing fair rental stocks :toot:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

"Are IMMIGRANTS eating the QUEENS SWANS?" Literally a headline of this poo poo-rag a few years back.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

You can literally make any bill fail in the USA if you add a rider to it stating that this bill will additionally "Require gun owners to pay a 1 cent tax on every box of ammo to fund the provision" and the NRA will literally throw millions of dollars and a 2 year long campaign as well as lobbying every single congressmen and senator in the USA to ensure it doesn't pass.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Ironically In Korea, they have a saying, "乇乂ㄒ尺卂 ㄒ卄丨匚匚", which translated doesn't mean anything at all but it does spell out "extra thicc" in fancy cursive script.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Garrand posted:

I'll admit I never thought about it but every bank I've seen calls cashier's checks "secure" so I figured it also helped protect against stolen/lost checks, possibly by being able to void/cancel lost checks. After reading about it some more today I was clearly very wrong.

Also the fact that modern banking is so hilariously insecure despite being backed by literal trillions of dollars in assets.

It's more that banking in the USA is an absolute disaster because SURPRISE SURPRISE theres barely any government oversight and your weak-rear end politicians would rather suck some fat old-man dicks to get corporate bank donations than help the very citizens that they're elected to represent.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Technical point of order, just because someone is Canadian, and used a Canadian bank does NOT mean that the story didn't happen in the USA.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

"I mean hey! all of congress are probably pedos anyway*, at least he's honest about it! He's got my vote!"

*with literally 0 evidence.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

They also used to try to use pidgeons to guide anti ship missles in world war 2 but it never really got used in combat. Wait were we meant to posting real or fake facts?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

He didn't die, but he lost his position in a landslide vote.

Ironically, Mainly over the library cat scandal (he went outside the system to have the cat “fired” by getting it euthanised by unpaid interns)

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Why exactly are you describing a white supremecist terrorist website as merely “right wing”

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Yeah, allegedly as well the other issue was that people who wanted sweeter coke would just buy pepsi, since that was it's main appeal at the time.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Kinda amazed that given Americas obsession with guns and floridas notoriously lax gun laws that the humane solution wasn't "execute it with a smaller caliber pistol round to the face at close range, aiming down"

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Nazis in general should follow the fuhrers example on racial purity and shoot themselves in the face immediately.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Don’t forget a healthy mix of 65 year old plant designers putting a finger up in the air, sacrificing a chicken to haepheastus and rolling the ceremonial design dice before announcing “I did a job like this 45 years ago and it worked fine so It’s gonna work now!”

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Look if we just keep opening them at least one is guaranteed to be empty and we can put this cursed year into it, right

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Inceltown posted:

It's more like this picture but Jesus has become your dick instead of arm.

Why would Jesus steal this guys insulin? He's going into hypoglycaemic shock and Jesus is just stealing it straight outta his veins!

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

shouldn't that be upside down

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

By popular demand posted:

After some searching I found out that this is about a British brand of candy and not the Washington sports team.

The Mail

Allen’s is an Australasian brand, not British. We don’t get them in the U.K.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Surely you could just use a fork and poke some holes in them like a sausage or a baked potato that you’ve put in the microwave? I swear project managers get dumber every year.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Just loling at obviously biased fact checkers who decide “while sanders was correct bezos, gates and buffet own more money than half of America he’s actually a filthy lier Because those half of Americans don’t actually own anything” as if that somehow makes the statement untrue.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

BattleMaster posted:

A recent high-profile case of illegal salvage from the Pacific War that I recall was HNLMS De Ruyter and a few other ships sunk in the same battle disappearing a few years ago.

A bunch of Japanese ships that got sunk in shallow waters in the Phillipines during and after the Battle of Leyte Gulf also were salvaged, if not illegally than in poor taste, in the decades after the war too.

I guess there isn't really an enforcement mechanism for stopping this but I imagine that the US would throw a shitfit if anyone touched the wrecks in Iron Bottom Sound

I seem to recall a third of those have already gone.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Half the time those things are a get out for the party involved. I used to work in the water industry and they still legally use dowsing rods for finding pipes. Sounds ludicrous right?
Not entirely, behold: most of the old timers who’ve been doing it for 35 years get a fairly good idea of where an unmarked pipe is likely to be by what they’ve seen before, and what else is in the trench. But you don’t want to instruct someone else to dig a new trench on your “hunch” because do that too many times and people won’t trust you. You get your dowsing rods out, do a bit of “dowsing” and put your hunch on where the pipe is on that. If you’re right, great you saved a bunch of time via your dowsing skills, if you’re wrong you can blame it on the accursed dowsing rods behind wrong rather than your judgement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Sucrose posted:

Um, I think everyone would be better off if the old-timer would just say they have an educated guess where the pipe is based on what they've seen before and what's in the trench, rather than contribute to the idea that a certain psuedoscience is anything but hokum.

You’ve clearly never worked on site before, where being regarded as an idiot or a time waster is liable to get your coffee repeatedly topped up with piss.