Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Alopex posted:

yesterdaysprint

That's a Tumblr account; the Twitter they're after is @TweetsOfOld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
It really varies by the area. I got a warning for six over here in Idaho, but where I grew up in the Chicago suburbs no cop would waste their time or yours for less than eleven over unless you were doing something else on top of speeding.

(My late grandpa was a cop in Elmhurst and my dad tells me his cutoff was seven over.)

PERMACAV 50 has a new favorite as of 05:28 on Mar 22, 2018

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
There was, however, an MST3K episode called The Deadly Bees.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Proteus Jones posted:

Lol at the goon that didn't go to the school district where the maintenance department did both upkeep and janitorial duties.

Lol at the goon who didn't grow up in a republican hellscape where special ed kids did the janitorial duties to "teach them life skills."

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

M_Sinistrari posted:

One of the more sketchy Chicago suburbs.

Oh now I need to know which one, because I went to high school in Naperville and our school cop was an enormous bitch who loved nothing more than screaming obscenities at people and smugly hollering about how she "[didn't] like people standing on [her] GUN SIDE."

gently caress you, Erin Gibler. I still remember you screaming at our entire prom table over something we didn't even do.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Everyone knows lion in court is illegal.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

SpacePig posted:

Are there any other Spanish words that are this close but this badly far off? It makes me laugh every time, and I hope nobody ever learn to proofread for ñ.

Embarazada sounds like it should mean "embarrassed," but it actually means pregnant.

The verb cojer means to hail a cab (I think?) in Puerto Rico but it means to gently caress in Mexico.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Absurd Alhazred posted:

In New Zealand "make a move" means "to start heading out" or whatever. Not so in the US.

Apparently though among Kids These Days in the US "what's the move?" is something you ask to find out what clubs/parties people are going to tonight.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
well the tweet I initially embedded here does not work with the formatting the forums use, so please enjoy the other media flailing today: Bert and Ernie are Extremely Not Gay

https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/1042136254064685059

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Ah yes why indeed did Hari not make the documentary while the simpsons was at the height of its popularity, when he was in roughly third grade

PERMACAV 50 has a new favorite as of 07:13 on Oct 19, 2018

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Krankenstyle posted:

not sure about boiling drunk sanitary pads (which would literally remove any last drop of alcohol if even any had made it through the digestive tract) also there used to be a joke in my country about soaking a tampon in pure alcohol and then jamming it in your rear end.

i was later told that sockless rubber boots full of booze were more effective because of the thin skin between your toes

jeez, really... my soution is maybe just drink it idk

i used to date a chemistry major who used to talk about wanting to fill a bucket with DMSO and everclear and have people stick their hand in it

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

https://twitter.com/SimpsonsQOTD/status/1055909267100835847

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/PFTompkins/status/1075090976803217408

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

If you read the article you find that A. It was several people and B. They weren’t paid in anything but free vibrators.

also literally anyone with a pussy could have told you it was the hitachi, those things can make people on SSRIs nut