Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"I Sold a Gun and Bought Liquorice - It Reminded Me of Ancient Finland"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

Those aren’t that big. Sometimes dudes who had big pecs in their prime get boobs when they get out of shape. What was Jesus’ workout regimen?

KRUSIFIKSIIIII!!! (A former coworker who used to go the same gym as I used to yell that a lot.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

small ghost posted:

Jean Claude Van Damme really loves dogs, he bunked off of promoting JCVD in the US because his dog was sick and he decided it was more important to be there to nurse his dog back to health than promote a film.

Edit: just realised the interview that quote is from is linked in the first line of the article about the chihuahua lol.

Cute story but having seen the movie (it's good) it absolutely would have tanked in the US no matter how much promotion he'd have done.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tei posted:

Living in a country with a lot of story and art is unpractical - Is like living in a castle - you need to pass a ethernet cable trough a wall- but is a solid wall of stone and you have to ask permision to the united nations human heritage and national art council and a signature from 5 architects before you can dig the hole

Source you are quotes?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why the gently caress does a photo of it exist, though?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I think the guy might be a Nazi!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Der Kyhe posted:

...And having been in Italy several times, the highways are actually surprisingly good, but they still have actual toll booths on them at places.

The highways are fine, it's the bridges you have to watch out for.

e:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Carthag Tuek posted:

i am a big fat dumbass

Mr. President O7

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

Sure, just aerosolize millions of infected mink. That can't possibly go wrong.

I always wondered: when they say "soup-like homogenate", do they mean consistency or taste :thunk:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

(Perussuomalaiset ["rudimentary Finns"] are, of course, the literal local Nazi party. I don't know if reverednd Putulukeso got elected.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The DNC isn't the deep state it's very public about the poo poo it pulls :psyduck:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hey, my eyes are up here! And my tits!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

I'm forming a gang of PC gamers, we will raid convoys

Must be some seriously tricked-out mobility scooters you guys have.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

I like that the "low income" rooms all went to poets. Okay we'll let in a few poor people, but they need to be cool poor people.

I have never met a cool poet.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

AlbieQuirky posted:

Terrance Hayes is cool as hell.

He doesn’t live in the share house-for-profit nightmare we were discussing, though.

I have never met Terrance Hayes.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 06:06 on Jan 4, 2021

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Obviously a REAL influencer would've gone with Baybeigh.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kid Rock loves his buns.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Samovar posted:

I don't know about Spermatius, but there was a Roman emperor called Pupienus.

Pronounced "Poopy-anus"

It's quite obviously not pronounced "Poopy-anus".

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

What does this mean?!

That's incorrect. The e in Pupienus is absolutely not pronounced like the ai in pain.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ixtlilton posted:

Hey my mom had these too, Clan of the Cave Bear I'm pretty sure. A googling tells me that was just the first book and it's called the Earth's Children series.

The author's name is Jean Auel but in Finland the translations were published under the name Jean M. Untinen-Auel for marketing purposes, and the loving Finnish Wikipedia article on her is under that name. I'm sure I could start a war by correcting it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

rodbeard posted:

double entendre

...which is English for double sens.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"Nose flutist Mikko Rautiainen drops out of Talent contest - IL*: man has long history of crime"

*) IL is short for Iltalehti, the tabloid that first reported on this.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

So what the gently caress is up with Rudy's mouth/teeth situation?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fully vaccinatized and getting it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

How have you liked the kennel?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

This one doesn't really translate well.

The main headline is easy: "Small Seal Hisses on Swimming Beach in Naantali - There is Still Uncertainty Regarding its Future" (yeah the last part sounds loving awkward in Finnish, too).

But the quote is a bit different. "'They caught it'" is how it translates, but it's specifically referring to catching something that is in the air, either thrown or falling down.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I just realized I have literally no idea whether or not incest is illegal so I checked. Apparently: yes it is (with a sibling, ancestor, or descendant).

It's not really something that normally comes up.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Elviscat posted:

I think laws against banging your relatives are pretty much only enforced as an "add on" to stuff like rape charges. At least for my state it includes adopted or foster "descendants" under 18, which seems like a good provision.

Looking this up I also found the map of states where you can marry your first cousin (Aunt/Uncle's kids), and many of them are not the states you'd think!

What I'd think is marrying your first cousin is pretty much legal everywhere except the United States of America?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I really hope this will lead to "dumb" televisions coming back.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is connecting them to the internet required nowadays? My sister has a "smart" TV and it's never been plugged into the Internet, so it's basically just a stupidly slow dumb TV. (Why is it so slow? gently caress if I know.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I don't know what that is.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

*In Dumas voice*: /ʒpɛʒ/

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pookah posted:

In another thread herein, I learned that the majority of European words for 'bear' are euphemisms that tend to translate as 'the brown one' because people were afraid that naming them directly would cause one to appear and eat everyone.
Apparently it's the earliest known euphemism.

Fuken cowards lmao.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

80 yule trees were sunk into lake in winter - now they're covered by slimy goo, which got research professor excited: "Ooh, yes"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

By popular demand posted:

doesn't take a professor to get exited by this much stiff slimy wood, those scientifically valuable rods are sure to attract many more researchers who will be coming.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Carthag Tuek posted:

is that at all like saying "oj, kul!" in swedish?

No.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

GrossMurpel posted:

hehe cock is also a word for penis

:eyepop:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

They're horror movies with the murderer being the protagonist, and Columbo being Nemesis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BooDooBoo posted:

it's really funny as well, there's an episode where Columbo and that episodes killer have a long friendly conversation, 200 feet apart, shouting, in a car park, it's bonkers!

:lol::laffo::lol: