Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

That's for evading a moose though, not to check whether the car can survive ramming one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Cacafuego posted:

Fatty spotted

Stop triggering me you fatphobic shitlord.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
How much can a gorilla deadlift?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

CJacobs posted:

For those that haven't heard this story, it's pretty great:

He called it a "cunning ruse" :haw:. That's amazing.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I think it becomes less funny if they write "whopper" every drat time.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
This is a miniature horse, not sure how you can confuse it with a pony

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Shamed teacher struck off for having sex with pupil has been working in missionary position

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

trapped mouse posted:

Which one are you thinking of?

I never heard of Amherst before, but that post mentioned the University of Massachusetts, Amherst College, and Hampshire College.
That sounds like three to me.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

One time I picked up my buddy's dog from the kennel or wherever you put a dog when you go on vacation and they called me "Dash's Doggy-Dad." They gave me a mean look when I told them to just call me by my name. I didn't even say it like an rear end in a top hat or anything. Just:

"You can call me Solice since I'm not a dog's dad."

Maybe you should have told them to call you by your actual name instead of an internet handle they've never heard.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Oh for Christ's sake. You really expect me to click on EVERY loving link? Get hosed.

:fuckoff:

No, but knowing what's in the posts you quote might be helpful :)
Especially if you just wanna gloat with your epic simpsons knowledge.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Lime Tonics posted:

Lettuce 'black market' emerges amid national salad shortage

On Thursday Tesco and Morrisons launched a crackdown to prevent customers from buying more than three Spanish-grown iceberg lettuces at a time in a bid to preserve stock.

But the ban has led to markets and causal sellers taking advantage of desperate salad fans by flogging them salad and vegetables for up to 10 times the usual price.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/03/lettuce-black-market-emerges-amid-national-salad-shortage/

That's that.

edit :

https://twitter.com/Parveen_Comms/status/827453856149864449?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Nice 'suspicious' quote marks there.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Sereri posted:

Thread title related:

"Car goes out of control and kills two dead beers mixed with lemonade"

FTFY

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Lewis Skolnick posted:

Upset tailor sends woman 'penis shirt'

A PERTH woman involved in a legal spat with a tailor over a $2000 suit she claimed was “swimming on her” was delivered a shirt emblazoned with dozens of ejaculating penises as a “gift” from the company’s boss.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...e7040b04ded5162

Is this article just an excuse to post a pic of her rear end, then?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

She cut off his head after he was dead, what the gently caress. Clearly this is some kind of supernatural monster hunting scenario.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

The thing that gets me most with this (assuming it's really accidental) is not using protection. You're loving a furry, surely you would use a condom to prevent STDs if nothing else.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

Rape the rapist with the pistol in prison

This sounds like a pretty good game of Clue.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Wow it's really like Anchorman where she will just read anything as long as it's on the teleprompter.

Rysithusiku posted:

I can think of at least 50 reasons to cockroach bomb an anime music concert.

20 to 30 cockroaches among hundreds of people really isn't much of a cockroach bomb. That's like releasing 10 spiders, no one's gonna be too bothered by that.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Tiberius Thyben posted:

My plan would need 999 numbered 1, 2, 4, 5, 6... 999, 1000. They'll go nuts trying to find the last one.

how do you number 999 cockroaches with 1000 numbers

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Mine would only involve one, but it'd be the size of a car and heavily armed.

cockroaches don't have arms

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

I remember that mock the week episode!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg-A63tM-1c&t=41s

GrossMurpel has a new favorite as of 01:35 on Apr 27, 2017

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

The MSJ posted:

I think by now the amount of people who knows about Slenderman that can name its origin is less than people who can name the guy who would be America's current king if George Washington decided to make America a monarchy.

Yeah, from my experience people don't know Slenderman as "that creepypasta thing" but rather as "that horror videogame monster".

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Evolving traits that make you more likely to die so you can show your badassery is the new evolution meta.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
So I assume the woman roleplaying a man in a woman's body just immediately starts groping herself?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ruflux posted:

Read this as "finally sets himself on fire", wondered if he kept telling people he was gonna do it for so long they just got bored and went "sure Bob, of course you will" every time he brought it up until he actually did it

:same:

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Christians don't actually read the Bible

I can understand why, though. I looked up Luke 3 just to see what comes before those parts;

23 Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph,
the son of Heli, 24 the son of Matthat,
the son of Levi, the son of Melki,
the son of Jannai, the son of Joseph,
25 the son of Mattathias, the son of Amos,
the son of Nahum, the son of Esli,
the son of Naggai, 26 the son of Maath,
the son of Mattathias, the son of Semein,
the son of Josek, the son of Joda,
27 the son of Joanan, the son of Rhesa,
the son of Zerubbabel, the son of Shealtiel,
the son of Neri, 28 the son of Melki,
the son of Addi, the son of Cosam,
the son of Elmadam, the son of Er,
29 the son of Joshua, the son of Eliezer,
the son of Jorim, the son of Matthat,
the son of Levi, 30 the son of Simeon,
the son of Judah, the son of Joseph,
the son of Jonam, the son of Eliakim,
31 the son of Melea, the son of Menna,
the son of Mattatha, the son of Nathan,
the son of David, 32 the son of Jesse,
the son of Obed, the son of Boaz,
the son of Salmon,[d] the son of Nahshon,
33 the son of Amminadab, the son of Ram,[e]
the son of Hezron, the son of Perez,
the son of Judah, 34 the son of Jacob,
the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham,
the son of Terah, the son of Nahor,
35 the son of Serug, the son of Reu,
the son of Peleg, the son of Eber,
the son of Shelah, 36 the son of Cainan,
the son of Arphaxad, the son of Shem,
the son of Noah, the son of Lamech,
37 the son of Methuselah, the son of Enoch,
the son of Jared, the son of Mahalalel,
the son of Kenan, 38 the son of Enosh,
the son of Seth, the son of Adam,
the son of God.

This is worse than the Silmarilion.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

SpacePig posted:

Pandas are almost shockingly bad at reproducing, which I think is a big part of why they are endangered. That there's a chance in hell that the World's Biggest, Cuddliest Endangered Species might actually gently caress for goddamn once is arguably important, and at the very least potentially adorable. It's probably a rare bright spot in what I imagine is the neverending hell of living in DC.

I thought the problem with pandas in captivity was that the conditions don't match their natural habitat or something, not that pandas are inherently poo poo at not dying out.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Sereri posted:

Considering the date, both cat and dog were probably tried for theft and hanged.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Lime Tonics posted:

Man shoots mammoth

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

InediblePenguin posted:

yes reasonable and intelligent people often believe that guns are measured in ounces

What? They clearly said it's a 40 ounce bottle shaped like a gun, not that a Colt has 40 ounces.
I thought the joke was that they thought a 40 contains wine?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Yeah. I feel like someone who actually sleep-murdered their wife (if such a thing is possible) and woke up next to her corpse and a bloody knife with no idea what happened would blame a home invader who left the weapon behind. Maybe they would have some nagging questions about how they slept through the attack or why the intruder didn't attack them too, but that still seems more reasonable than jumping to "my God, I murdered my wife in my sleep! That's the only reasonable explanation for being covered in her blood after sleeping right next to her all night!"

I also think the first reaction while talking to the 911 operator wouldn't be "hey I think I killed my wife???" but rather "OH MY GOD SHE'S DEAD WHAT THE gently caress".

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Johnny Aztec posted:

Oh hey, I didn't know you got your degree. When did you graduate?

You what?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I freely admit my dislike of people inserting their genitels into dead animal carcasses.
Sue me.

As opposed to live animal carcasses?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

spog posted:

I dunno; watching an old man literally rape a young actress seems a lot less humorous than Jim Carrey doing funny voices.

"Literally"? Really?

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Are you talking about Brando's infamous butter scene from Last Tango in Paris? Because I'd be down for him to recreate that scene on the red carpet there.

Wasn't he just generally insane?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/the-island-of-dr-moreau/making-of-marlon-brando-richard-stanley/

quote:

Around an hour before lunch, the duo would emerge and tour the set, while Brando suggested various ideas he’d had for the general improvement of the movie, and the script would be rewritten to accommodate.
Some that made it into the finished film include: Moreau covering his face in thick white make-up outdoors, Moreau occasionally wearing an ice bucket on his head, and Moreau never appearing without an identically dressed midget – the original Mini-Me, right down to the tiny grand piano – after Brando took a shine to a two-foot-tall actor in the supporting cast. One of the few Brando brainwaves that did not end up on screen was the actor’s suggestion that Moreau would wear an elaborate hat throughout the film. In the final scene, this would be removed – revealing him, in a dramatic twist, to have been a dolphin all along.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Aleph Null posted:

Is intersectionality like a points system or what? How do I decide if I am more or less oppressed than someone else? What's my allowable trigger threshold? What if I "pass"? Do I still get to claim minority status?
Is there a pamphlet or something I can read?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Have another thing I found while googling privilege quizzes then

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

I don't get it. Is the joke that they're rich, those assholes :arghfist: ?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I hadn't heard of the original lawsuit. Is giving someone STDs illegal? Is there precedent for this?
I didn't realize "she was depressed because you gave her an STD" counted as manslaughter, is that normal? Or is this more of a "you gave her the drugs so it's negligent" type deal?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3BEUX5n0nY&t=64s

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Please stop. I can't take another page of people arguing against exaggerated strawman versions of arguments.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

quote:

Mínguez’s letter discussed the statue and others created by the same sculptor and detailed what life was like in the community 240 years ago. Mínguez described popular games of the day, including cards and ball, and noted that typhoid and malaria were common. He also revealed that the main crops were wheat, rye, barley and oats

:psyduck: Is this like a time capsule thing where he wanted people in the future to find that? I only expected it to be about the statue or maybe a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

jojoinnit posted:

L sorry ignore this.