Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

What's really funny to me about all of these types of headlines is how easily the editor could have fixed them by changing the prepositions. Change 'after' to 'by' and it's fine. Not as funny as the image of a tumor getting a black belt in Taekwondo though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

:tinfoil:

:420:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Wow, they really went a long way just to make a vagina = beef slabs joke. :nallears:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Reminds me of this old gem:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Das Boo posted:

What's up, I-don't-get-it buddy?

I thought the goof was that they had their backs to the camera, but I don't know. v:geno:v

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I really wanna know at what point in her shoplifting excursion she pooped her pants. Like did she do it on the spot just to rub it in the guy's face? Or did she have it in her pants the whole time? I am confused and fascinated.

Security guards do not get paid enough to put up with that kind of poo poo.

(pun intended)

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

"Sorry honey, I love you with all my heart, but I'm keeping my maiden name."

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

To be fair there is an actual US House rep who believes using wind power is going to use up all the wind.

:psyduck: Whaaaaat? Goddamn that's scary.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

taiyoko posted:

They're basically advertising that their dancers are all young and hot, not 40-year-olds with saggy tits.

Don't you mean "they're dancers"? :v:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Frostwerks posted:

Thats why i go. I show up and judge that poo poo like I'm a judge at the olympics.

Coincidentally, I go to the Olympics and rain dollar bills on my fave athletes.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Irving posted:

Aw, man, I know this place. I used to go to the Bull Pen, which is where a lot of the strippers hang out after hours (Cheetahs doesn't serve booze.) It is one of the seediest strip joints in this town and that's saying something. I did get a lot of amusement out of the fact that the Yelp reviews are almost exclusively women complaining about having to pay a cover.

Well, everyone should pay a cover charge unless their totally nude.

VVV Wallets?

Karma Monkey has a new favorite as of 19:02 on Jan 19, 2015

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Looks like someone broke the first rule of Toddler Fight Club. :colbert:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Baron von Eevl posted:

That reminds me of that interview where Werner Herzog just calmly states with his answer that they are under fire from a sniper.

Fitzcarraldo. :colbert:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Idiot Kicker posted:

Not so weird on its own, except it's the first story that comes up on our local CBS station's site.

Geez, they really missed so many great opportunities for awesome headlines. Spud State Births Hermaphrodog being one.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Tater Town Spawns Self-Humper

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

coleman francis posted:

Potatoes, meat with two veg

:golfclap:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Volcott posted:

Buzz Killington reporting for duty.

If you get a buzz out of thinking about people being brutally raped, you have worse problems than your fun being spoiled.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Honestly is there really a reason to defend the freedom to poo poo on women or gay people? Is it really so important to have that right now, in this thread?

Here is a weird headline: Bear shot out of tree onto tramponline:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa1pIO4_lUY

That was an impressive bounce, but I'm really impressed by the guy who could pick it up and haul it like it was nothing. My back hurts just watching him.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Geoj posted:

Cross posting from the England.bmp GBS thread

Waaay too long for a headline and gives away too much info. There's no hook. Should be Snickers Cause Lesbian Rage.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Is Pepsi ok?

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

a kitten posted:

But my android phone is ok right?

I feel like I read about this exact type of incident so often that it's a thing to get drunk and goof off on a zamboni. They must be really fun to drive, I guess.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Geesh everyone knows dead babies go in the compost bin. "Smart ads" my rear end.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

But what kind of hats were they wearing? Maybe he's critiquing their fashion. Is he shredding fedoras and clawing at the faces of neckbeards? Maybe that owl is a hero.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Slime posted:

Do you really think anyone wearing a fedora is going to be jogging?

ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

morallyobjected posted:

I just read about this in the local paper this morning. I'm pretty sure the guy deserved it.

Nice outfit, Dr. Jaeks! :thumbsup: It's weird that I've seen maybe hundreds of owls in my lifetime in many areas and neither myself nor anyone I know has ever been attacked by owls, including these "extremely territorial" species. Then again, no one I know is a Packers super fan costume designer.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Ishamael posted:

In case, like me, you have never heard the phrase they are trying to mock, it's "you couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery".

The dictionary tell us that a piss-up is "a social occasion where everyone drinks a lot of alcohol". So there you go, non-Brits!

Great Boo's up, Edmund!

http://www.genspot.com/video-77822/black-adder-2-great-booze-up-edmund.aspx

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I don't think "hoity-toity" is accurate, but I would have loved to see that. Why is "carrying" circled? That's the correct way to break the word from line to line, isn't it?

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Gravy Train made its own "gravy" when you added water to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOXSKR7wM2U

Chuck Wagon dog food did the same thing, but had more entertaining commercials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rtg-IdE5MI

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

This seems more like a medical advancement than a sexual one.

I was thinking this too. How long before people are doing home colonoscopies?

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Well, so few necromancers join the force, you see.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

If Lars and The Real Girl had been done by the Coen Brothers.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Either way, he was biting off more than he could chew.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

The dog's in the passenger seat. Looks like the guilty party ditched and left the dog to take the blame. It was probably a cat. :cabot:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I love that article. I especially like this part:

wiki about Larry the cat posted:

Following the March murder of a dog at Crufts, David Cameron doubled security measures around Larry.

I know they mean they're protecting the cat, but I want to read it as them keeping an eye on him to prevent him killing another dog. :catstare:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Not My Leg posted:

Still not a great name to be stuck with. "Enema" isn't an insult in the United States, but I wouldn't want to be named "Mr. Enema" and I would laugh at an article about an Enema probe.

Also, you are correct that the slang usage is from American English, first attested in 1967.

Had a guy come in the other day with the name Butlove, but he pronounced it Byewt-love. He's an NCO now, but can you imagine being in basic training as Private Butlove? Poor guy. :(

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Jon Zyetta posted:

If only his first name was Richard. :shepspends:

Yea, it's funny, but poo poo like that does happen. Part of my job is to ask every single person their name and date of birth and then verify it matches our computer records. It's amazing the things people will give their kids as a first name to match up with their surnames just to make a terrible joke. It's just so freaking cruel, but to do it to their own children just for lullz. And then I always wonder why the hell they don't have their name changed. They wouldn't even have to give the courts a reason - it would be super obvious.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

flosofl posted:

Well, that's his prerogative.

:golfclap:

(And now that drat song is stuck in my head.)

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

Meanwhile, in 10 Downing Street:

"All the pieces are falling into place."

Made me think of this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Here's a detailed article about it. poo poo is crazy.

Police: Anne Arundel County police officer bites man's testicles

quote:

According to the charging documents, police said Michael Flaig, 31, was found on the second floor of the bar with blood stains on his shirt and appeared inebriated.