Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I can't make it out and it is annoying me that I cannot.

I think I need new glasses and/or hurry up and get lasik. Upgrade my graphics input for video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

It appears that it might be Code Red.

GewuerzKahn
Jan 7, 2014

My opposable nipples are hurting me.
Maybe Montain Dew Voltage with Halo Cover?

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
Pocky.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

from the Mountain Dew Wiki:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

gay skull posted:

from the Mountain Dew Wiki:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

But the can in the tag looks brownish? :confused:

Maybe it's some kind of root beer, because root beer is amazing. Gonna get drunk off a sugar and licorice high.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kylra posted:

But the can in the tag looks brownish? :confused:

Maybe it's some kind of root beer, because root beer is amazing. Gonna get drunk off a sugar and licorice high.

:eng101:

You can actually OD on licorice

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm277152.htm

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

gay skull posted:

Mountain Dew Wiki

Those are great times to be alive

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

/me Definately Believes the "FDA" Website about gamer fuel like a good little liberal.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Wormskull posted:

/me Definately Believes the "FDA" Website about gamer fuel like a good little liberal.

Overdosing on licorice while playing your favorite game would be an honorable way to die.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

I dont think anyone ever has been in danger of eating too much black licorice

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Black licorice owns and the people who hate it just don't know good candy.

SarutosZero posted:

I dont think anyone ever has been in danger of eating too much black licorice
I think you have to be pretty dedicated for it to really mess you up, like with potatoes.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I would rather die of potatoes than black licorice

I respect those who game and eat black licorice but that doesn't make it a good candy

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I love black licorice, especially the real stuff. I keep seeing ads for "australian" black licorice and I wonder if it's any better down there. If so, consolation for people stuck in gaming hell maybe?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I live in a place devoid of licorice, what am I missing

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

qnqnx posted:

:staredog:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

zen death robot posted:

Guess who's gonna be behind the legalized AIDS shots for gamers in 2069?

games have been banned and the president is a ps3

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Widestancer posted:

I love black licorice, especially the real stuff. I keep seeing ads for "australian" black licorice and I wonder if it's any better down there. If so, consolation for people stuck in gaming hell maybe?

It's really soft and chewy and that's bad IMO.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

qnqnx posted:

??????

Do you mean like the closest place to get candy is 30 minutes away and you don't have a car or something

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I hate licorice. Bye.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

SarutosZero posted:

??????

Do you mean like the closest place to get candy is 30 minutes away and you don't have a car or something

Plenty of candy, but none of them licorice. Maybe if I go search through specialty shops, but no luck so far.

I live in a literal third world country.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

I hate licorice. Bye.

Same, excepif its salty.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

qnqnx posted:

Plenty of candy, but none of them licorice. Maybe if I go search through specialty shops, but no luck so far.

Wow that's harsh

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Nice Videogame Thread you fuckin idiot douche OP.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Widestancer posted:

I'm not sure which one I had with that description, but it doesn't have that much anise spike to it that a lot of others do. A little too little anise for my tastes. It was a lot more earthy tasting. It also felt a lot drier and maybe even slightly crumbly. Taste was ok, but texture was more meh and I wasn't really sold on it.

Good and Plenty is my standard go-to that is available lots of places, but I'll pick up random brands I see when I run across them to try them out. None have really stuck in memory though. Good and Plenty uses too much gum for my tastes, but I don't yet have any picked out that I will go out of my way to order online or whatever.

qnqnx posted:

Good and Plenty is made by Hershey so I am guessing you can find that somewhere. Root beers will also contain licorice sometimes.

Black Twizzlers are awful. Do not count those as representatives.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

*enters videogame forum*

Durr. What is this product here: *bigass image of nutella* Idk what it is because I'm just so busy with life.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Nice Videogame Thread you fuckin idiot douche OP.

Snack chat is sacred

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

People getting mad about licorice (aka the best kind of candy) itt

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

qnqnx posted:

Snack chat is sacred

They are technically right though and I can respect that.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i prefer snack chat to GAMER chat, now

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

zen death robot posted:

Guess who's gonna be behind the legalized AIDS shots for gamers in 2069?

I've already discussed the matter with the Senator

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

When I was a kid I played this game called Airborne Ranger and I had a big thing of one of those specialty licorice candies which I ate during playing it and now I think about that game when I smell similar candy.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i prefer snack chat to GAMER chat, now

Looks like this thread is attracting the wrong sort of people. Shut it down.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm listening to Buju Banton and his voice is epic.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Ragg posted:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Kylra posted:

I'm not sure which one I had with that description, but it doesn't have that much anise spike to it that a lot of others do. A little too little anise for my tastes. It was a lot more earthy tasting. It also felt a lot drier and maybe even slightly crumbly. Taste was ok, but texture was more meh and I wasn't really sold on it.

Good and Plenty is my standard go-to that is available lots of places, but I'll pick up random brands I see when I run across them to try them out. None have really stuck in memory though. Good and Plenty uses too much gum for my tastes, but I don't yet have any picked out that I will go out of my way to order online or whatever.

Good and Plenty is made by Hershey so I am guessing you can find that somewhere. Root beers will also contain licorice sometimes.

Black Twizzlers are awful. Do not count those as representatives.

Ha, Hershey barely brings their mediocre chocolates here, nevetherless anything else.
And the only root beer is A&W, which doesn't seem to have enough and I have to go out of the way to the only place I know carrying it, by the can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Ragg posted:

• Locked thread