Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD!!!
This poll is closed.
MORE BLOOD!!!!!!! BLOOD OWNSZSSSSSS!!!!! 27 14.44%
BLOOD YEAH OHHH YEAH ooooo YEAA!!! 28 14.97%
132 70.59%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

exactly what this roster needed, another dancing guy gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Dimebags Brain posted:

I'm hoping that the authority grabs a lot of new guys and Orton joins Cena so that the heels can be the exciting fresh new talent and the faces can be the old guard jealously protecting their spot and enforci the Orton/Cena glass ceiling. It'll be like late WCW all over again!

If the young talent you're pining for are the next Jeff Jarretts and Natural Born Thrillers, then gently caress it gimme Orton/Cena for all eternity.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AngryCaterpillar posted:

The premise of the character is different and might work if the promos weren't meaningless drivel. There was one where he was talking about bringing hope to people, then a couple of weeks later they're advertising a Bray Wyatt T shirt with the words "hope is dead" on it.
It's just a bunch of mid-20s sitcom rejects writing whatever they think is really deep.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Watching RAW late now, and wow have I missed Vince. No matter what people on here think of him, I love the guy. I could never hate or dislike him simply because of his performances. He immediately wins over me with his persona. I can disagree with his views, but the second he pops up on camera I just smile.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

maxallen posted:

He is in the sense there are three tiers to WWE programming:
Main Event
Jobbers
Real fukkin jobbers (Slater and Cesaro)

Don't try and act like there's a protected upper midcard.

Yes there is but it's like 5 guys:

The three former Shield dudes
Rusev
Big Show for some loving reason

That's it, but it's there.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I like how Cena is off RAW every time they really need to push the network.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Is it bad that I didn't miss it, but thought it was just another commercial for something I didn't understand or some new dumb show on USA?

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Is it bad that I didn't miss it, but thought it was just another commercial for something I didn't understand or some new dumb show on USA?

I watched raw with a friend who has never watched wrestling before, and his response to that skit was "Is this wrestling?"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Retromancer posted:

Um, you might notice that Xavier Woods is black, so what other gimmick could he get???

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

That was an awesome Raw. The entire Orton vs Rollins match had me on the edge of my seat. The Rusev victory was sweet too. I really hope he carries the belt into Mania. WWE might actually be able to put some prestige back on that jobber strap.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

Um, you might notice that Xavier Woods is black, so what other gimmick could he get???

Stealing stuff, body slam enthusiast, GILF fetishist, Actual Dog Who Lives In A Garbage Dump...

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Retromancer posted:

To be fair, it's repackaging an old dancing guy as a new dancing guy.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I remember the R - Truth video packages were promoting his gimmick of being a reformed convict looking for a second chance. Then when he came out he was a dancing guy!

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Strawberry Panda posted:

I remember the R - Truth video packages were promoting his gimmick of being a reformed convict looking for a second chance. Then when he came out he was a dancing guy!

So you're saying that Xavier is going to come out as a reformed convict looking for a second chance?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

The Landstander posted:

- There was a strong feel of "no one is here and we need to stretch". Vince showing up, multiple people showing up in multiple matches, Tyson Kidd and Zack Ryder and Titus O'Neil all showing up, a lot of recaps. I'm not even complaining really just pointing out.

Is there a reason to so much of the roster not being there? I was surprised we didn't get the typical 3 Divas matches this week.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
When Randy's shoulders don't explode, he is properly motivated, keeps his wellness issues in check and has a good storyline then he's definitely up there with Cena and also profits from having a far more interesting charisma than the boy scout.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Stealthed Zombie posted:

When my buddy and I fast forwarded through the commercials, I thought it was a commercial for Subway for some reason. It might be because a Subway commercial immediately preceded it and I thought it wasn't over yet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

MVP was a reformed convict looking for a second chance to eat more than Matt Hardy

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

Strawberry Panda posted:

He was a RAPPING dancing guy.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Endorph posted:

MVP was a reformed convict looking for a second chance to eat more than Matt Hardy
Almost as impossible as challenging fire to a food eating contest

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

The Bee posted:

I figured Face Orton would just be generic bland good guy, but instead he seems to be furious rear end in a top hat and I think that's just wonderful.

It seems like a good middle ground between keeping him in that same heel persona and being a straightforward face (which Orton is really boring as).

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Astro7x posted:

Is there a reason to so much of the roster not being there? I was surprised we didn't get the typical 3 Divas matches this week.

They're doing a UK tour this week I think?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The Landstander posted:

It seems like a good middle ground between keeping him in that same heel persona and being a straightforward face (which Orton is really boring as).

If only we had a face to fill the unhinged slightly psychotic anti-hero role. Thank god we have Randy Orton to fill that gaping hole in our roster.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

That was an awesome Raw. The entire Orton vs Rollins match had me on the edge of my seat. The Rusev victory was sweet too. I really hope he carries the belt into Mania. WWE might actually be able to put some prestige back on that jobber strap.

He won't. He'll lose it in a gimmick match before starting his program with CENA WINS LOL

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Cena beating Rusev for the US title at Mania is a thing I could see happening.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Dimebags Brain posted:

If only we had a face to fill the unhinged slightly psychotic anti-hero role. Thank god we have Randy Orton to fill that gaping hole in our roster.

Seth Rollins, the future of WWE, beat Dean Ambrose in Hell in a Cell Maggle, those would be some big shoes to fill!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The Landstander posted:

Imagine just how patriotic his entrance would be

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
So this is what Rowan's been up to since he hasn't been on the TVs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqu2R-tOgaw&t=54s

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

The Landstander posted:

I'm pretty okay with this. It's a big match for Rusev, he'll have had a good run by then, it should get a good patriotic pop, and it keeps Cena out of the main event. As long as they build it properly with training montages and Rusev killing one of Cena's friends in the ring.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

The Landstander posted:

It's more likely that he still holds the belt, just doesn't defend it at Wrestlemania so that he can lose to Cena.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They'll probably panic about business and have Cena beat Lesnar and Reigns beat Rusev

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

They're doing a UK tour this week I think?

Next week, from the Monday on. I'm gonna be at the Smackdown show.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

sportsgenius86 posted:

They'll probably panic about business and have Cena beat Lesnar and Reigns beat Rusev

The United States of OOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHmerica.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'd enjoy Cena beating Rusev for the US title at Mania. It would make that title way more important, and we all know that's something the WWE takes very seriously

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
I'm starting to think Rusev's first loss won't be to Cena.

Also, got to say, around Mania season I thought Rusev was the worst. I hated watching his dumb squash matches and just skipped them.

Now I love Rusev. He has been booked so well. He has the most believable momentum on the entire roster by a mile, and has a lot of genuine talent in the ring. It also looks like the agents are letting him move faster in the ring, which makes him sort of unique on the roster, as a fast moving brute. He also does an amazing job of selling offense. He might well be the best heel they have right now.

I just wish he got to make more comments on the mic. Just some light insults, threats and trash talk - leave the real chat to Lana. I think he just needs some time to talk for himself every now and then. He hasn't been booked as Lana's beast, she's been booked as his agent. He technically feels independent, and a few more one off moments on the mic might sell that for me.

Another Person fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Nov 4, 2014

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm still impressed by how he sold Swagger's anklelock for like two weeks after the fact.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

I'm still impressed by how he sold Swagger's anklelock for like two weeks after the fact.

It's been said time and time again, but it bears repeating. It's like they locked Rusev in a room with tapes of 80s foreign heels and he took in everything, including strange concepts lost to time.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

Yeah, it is the little touches like that which really warmed me up to him quick. Yeah, a lot of his feuds have been kinda side thoughts past Swagger, but he is really apt in the ring, has a good mind for selling things and feels like a genuine threat.

I think we are about to see Rusev really come into his own now that he is an established major player.

I just hope he doesn't eat the pin at SS.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Another Person posted:

Yeah, it is the little touches like that which really warmed me up to him quick. Yeah, a lot of his feuds have been kinda side thoughts past Swagger, but he is really apt in the ring, has a good mind for selling things and feels like a genuine threat.

I think we are about to see Rusev really come into his own now that he is an established major player.

I just hope he doesn't eat the pin at SS.

The way he sold the Ankle lock in his match against Swagger where he couldn't put in the Acolade at first, and then when he did he was screaming in pain as much as Swagger and looked almost deparate for him to submit before he had to break it himself, was what sold me on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Otto von Ruthless posted:

Good match, but they really are starting to overuse that pass out instead of tap thing.

Just let your dudes tap WWE, real fighting men do it all the time, no big deal.
Seriously, even Swagger got the "passing out" treatment and they appear to have no plans of pushing him ever. They go through weird phases with tapping out it seems. Like they had no problem with Mysterio tapping out in Alberto Del Rio's debut match, but I suppose that might just say more about their view of Mysterio.

• Locked thread