Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Silver Striker posted:

ignore X: Rebirth

this is extremely important to follow. There's a lure that something might be there but it's just nothing absolutely nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

depends on how you play it really. If you were looking for a homeworld esque kind of experience I'd look elseware. Speaking of which Homeworld is pretty good too if you want more of an RTS type game with spaceships

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Don Gato posted:

Is it still hard as balls to get working properly on a modern OS? i failed at saving all of the survivors of Kharak when i was a kid because i was both young and stupid and it's one of my biggest gaming failures.

I'm not sure. I never had an issue with it running.

Crimson Harvest posted:

Freeware game 3030 recently had a remake/re-release. I've played it a bit, seems OK. Game did crash when I tried to take a picture of a planet for a mission, but it autosaves frequently so no big deal.

Nice

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

ArchWizard posted:

No joke, I would pay for a screensaver if it looked like EVE and worked like Progress Quest

Just watching my spaceship mine for ore, haul freight across the galaxy, shoot up aliens, and pay to upgrade itself so it can be ever better at these things

It was kind of nice flying around space and planet and stuff. Everything else not so much

• Locked thread