Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
gender neutral means insulated from any reminder that dongs exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?

Baracula posted:

gender neutral means insulated from any reminder that dongs exist

oh gender neutral, I thought they had said we all have to be gender neuter, which disturbed me.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Volcott posted:

I found it making the rounds on 4chan.
Lmbo and you got people to rage against sjw with it. Well done 7/10.

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

Mrit posted:

When people make fun of college liberals: This is what they mean.

You know this was college republicans 'making a point'.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
You walk into a bathroom at a public university and see this.

Are you at all offended? How do you proceed?

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Small Frozen Thing posted:

i rip it off the wall and stick my dick in it

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

My answer remains unchanged. Piss on it anyway if the stalls are all full.

Just like in high school. ah memories :allears:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I would rip the plastic off because I need take a piss and I'm about to be late to my Engineering lab.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

I tend to get stage fright at urinals so I personally use the stalls but just walking past other people at the urinals has never been bothersome. Especially with the unspoken "no eye contact" rule that's respected by most male bathroomgoers

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Torka posted:

I tend to get stage fright at urinals so I personally use the stalls but just walking past other people at the urinals has never been bothersome. Especially with the unspoken "no eye contact" rule that's respected by most male bathroomgoers

i consider them to be performance art spaces

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

katlington posted:

Was it ever revealed where its from and why it was?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4RuB3gT8t0

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Once at my college somebody put up "make a friend!" signs in front of the urinals at eye level, urging bathroom users to strike up a conversation and offering sample topics such as "do you visit many restrooms?" and "my, what impressive urine stream consistency you have." Sadly nobody was in the restroom with me at the time, so I couldn't use them. :(

Alright that's my urinal story hope you liked it

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If you're not comfortable with occasionally seeing a dick, mabye you shouldn't crusade for unisex bathrooms.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

-Troika- posted:

If you're not comfortable with occasionally seeing a dick, mabye you shouldn't crusade for unisex bathrooms.

some people don't like to be reminded of what they lost

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Small Frozen Thing posted:

I collapse into a pile of tears and barely restrained poop fountain, literally shaking at the mere thought of the oppression going on here.

Also lol haven't seen that dumb meme in like 7 years. Now I feel old.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

katlington posted:

Lmbo and you got people to rage against sjw with it. Well done 7/10.

whats your tumblr and pronouns?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Torka posted:

I used to have this problem until I started working, and soon discovered that thinking about Visual Basic 6 fills me with such seething misanthropy I stop caring. No joke, I just stand there thinking about that lovely language and peeeeeeee.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
The correct solution here is to put small, standing-room stalls around urinals. Urinals use less water and are more convenient if you just need to take a whizz, but it's not exactly like I enjoy being shoulder-to-shoulder with some old guy who's sighing like he's getting the world's greatest BJ while he whizzes any more than a lady would enjoy seeing my exposed wiener evacuating fluid waste from my body. It's dumb as gently caress that there's no stalls around urinals, because 'tweener urinals are wasted space anyway because dudes will legit stand in line and wait rather than use an open urinal that's between two other guys.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Men shouldn't be bothered by that unless your some fag or something.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

The correct solution here is to put small, standing-room stalls around urinals. Urinals use less water and are more convenient if you just need to take a whizz, but it's not exactly like I enjoy being shoulder-to-shoulder with some old guy who's sighing like he's getting the world's greatest BJ while he whizzes any more than a lady would enjoy seeing my exposed wiener evacuating fluid waste from my body. It's dumb as gently caress that there's no stalls around urinals, because 'tweener urinals are wasted space anyway because dudes will legit stand in line and wait rather than use an open urinal that's between two other guys.

I see plenty of urinals with dividers between them, though I don't think they're really all that useful.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

JFairfax posted:

I think you misunderstand the point.

if there is a unisex bathroom with urinals it will be a lot more intimidating for women, because dudes can 'accidentally' flash their meat to chicks.

and if you don't understand that then well I don't know what to tell you.

I don't have a problem with uni-sex bathrooms, but american 'bro' students just love to rape and sexually assault women so I think it's best to take precautions to avoid that.

Okay you've convinced me, keep the women's bathroom women only for those who want a safe space, meanwhile for efficiency's sake the men's bathroom can be unisex for those who want shorter average lines.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

VitalSigns posted:

Okay you've convinced me, keep the women's bathroom women only for those who want a safe space, meanwhile for efficiency's sake the men's bathroom can be unisex for those who want shorter average lines.
I look forward to the cries of 'misandry' and 'male erasure' from the MRAs.

And probably some cries of "misogyny, this segregates bathrooms into 'normal people' and 'women'" from a few radfems.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
instead of male and female we should label bathrooms PG and PG-13

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

VitalSigns posted:

I've seen a fair number of women come into men's rooms to avoid long lines for the women's room, and I don't think I've ever seen a guy who even remotely gives a poo poo. This would basically just codify that, and I don't think it's a big deal at all. Most people aren't worried about what "could happen" in the bathroom if someone sees their junk, but if they are, they are almost always concerned about men doing it, whether they themselves are male or female.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out, with regards to piss on toilet seats, that even the worst-aiming dudes are still better than the "hoverer." I found out about that phenomenon on an airplane one time, using the lavatory after a woman who did so. Holy gently caress, there was piss everywhere!

PT6A fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Nov 14, 2014

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Popular Thug Drink posted:

instead of male and female we should label bathrooms PG and PG-13

Graffiti alone exceeds the swearing limit of either rating.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

PT6A posted:

I see plenty of urinals with dividers between them, though I don't think they're really all that useful.

Yeah, halfassed dividers are worthless. I'm talking a proper enclosure around the whole thing, just like toilets get.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
American Standard and Kohler Started selling Female/Unisex urinals in the late 1940's to cater to the large number of women who had entered the workforce during WWII. Women didn't like them because they had to hover, and they disappeared by the 1970s.

My college had these in all the men's rooms across campus due solely to the fact that American Standard had a huge glut of these things laying around unsold after they were discontinued. They simply relabeled them as standard "men's" urinals and sold them at a massive discount.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 14, 2014

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

Volcott posted:

Rip plastic off and throw it on the floor, take two steps back from the urinal, drop pants and undies to my ankles, let er rip!

I wish all urinals were the ones that extend all the way to the floor. I like those.

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009
There should be only one bathroom, and it should be labeled, "For people with the emotional maturity to handle basic bodily functions in a public place".

Everyone else can just hold it till they can get home.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Tear it down and take a piss. Ironically apologize that I am privileged to be able to piss standing up without a she-wee.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Volcott posted:

>Go North

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Are we still talking about piss?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

drilldo squirt posted:

Are we still talking about piss?

We need less talk and more action. Going to go do a piss.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
In my opinion urinals are not sexist in the least and you have to be a pedantic rear end in a top hat to be offended by them at all.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I get some friends and we would through darts at it from a safe distance.

drilldo squirt fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 14, 2014

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

JFairfax posted:

I know someone who took a poo poo in a urinal they're not really that gender specific.

also there is the she-wee

I just noticed the mud, lmbo.

Edit: That's pee mud.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Ray and Shirley posted:

ahahaha how could anyone be offended at something so impressive?

aside from the janitor who has to deal with it, maybe.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

ReidRansom posted:

ahahaha how could anyone be offended at something so impressive?

aside from the janitor who has to deal with it, maybe.

Pretty sure I'd resign on the spot if I saw that and was expected to clean it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
The only downside I can see to women using the men's room is that moment of panic when I walk in to pee, see a woman and wonder if I just committed a heinous sex crime by charging into the wrong bathroom.

• Locked thread