Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Episode 3 of the anime is out and the dub for Season 5 appears to have started up as well now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Iím wondering what the pace for each battle is going to be like. Canít be more than the bulk of one to finish the battle and the last few minutes to start the next one

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I've been wrestling with the very likely possibility that the entirety of season 6 is probably gonna just be the big raid.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

75% of season six is new scenes of Mirko kicking rear end.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I've been wrestling with the very likely possibility that the entirety of season 6 is probably gonna just be the big raid.

Probably. This season is likely going to last until right before the raid starts. Ending season 6 on Deku's depressed 'It's a giant villain...' would be the ideal cliffhanger.

Carlosologist posted:

Iím wondering what the pace for each battle is going to be like. Canít be more than the bulk of one to finish the battle and the last few minutes to start the next one

Perfectly paced to allow them to replay the start of each fight at the start of the next episode!

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 10, 2021

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

That's what I figured with Deku staring down at the city and it saying that he left the academy as the final shot.

Edit: should read the thread

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Actually I forget, are there any other arcs after My Villain Academia or is everything from then on basically just the raid?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Larryb posted:

Actually I forget, are there any other arcs after My Villain Academia or is everything from then on basically just the raid?

There's the second internship with Endeavor and the Todoroki family drama.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Larryb posted:

The Endeavor Internship arc is right before the war.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ah, Iím guessing that Season 6 will be the Internship arc and the assault on the doctorís lab in that case (unless Iím forgetting something that happens in between)

Depending on how much is left in the manga at this point Iím guessing the anime will wind up being about 8 or 9 seasons in total (maybe 10 at most)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 10, 2021

Shere
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Based on how they've paced seasons thus far I would expect Season 5 to end with the Endeavor internship arc. It's a good stopping point that lands right around their usual chapter budget for a season. That and you could absolutely start Season 6 with a My Villain Academia gimmick, like just present it as it's own series with its own OP even.

For reference, over four seasons they covered 190-some chapters, but Seasons 2-4 covered 170 of those. If this season covers 60 chapters again it'll end right before the MLA arc.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Shere posted:

Based on how they've paced seasons thus far I would expect Season 5 to end with the Endeavor internship arc. It's a good stopping point that lands right around their usual chapter budget for a season. That and you could absolutely start Season 6 with a My Villain Academia gimmick, like just present it as it's own series with its own OP even.

For reference, over four seasons they covered 190-some chapters, but Seasons 2-4 covered 170 of those. If this season covers 60 chapters again it'll end right before the MLA arc.

You mean the War arc, right? The MLA arc is chapters 218-240.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I would also expect the Endeavor Internship to be covered by the last handful of episodes this season, at least most of it. I don't recall it being very long and I assume they don't want to end the season on the villains without going back to "here's what the kids have been up to." I'd guess the Joint Training Arc takes maybe a third of the season, then MVA, then probably about half the Endeavor Internship arc, finishing that up at the start of the next season and moving into the whole raid for all of season 6 because I can't imagine how they'd split that up.