Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Covok posted:

"New York Knockout!" "San Francisco Takedown!" "Hell Finisher!" "Chicago Shockwave!"

Texas Beatdown! Michigan Chokeslam!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

KittyEmpress posted:

It does, we saw that in chapter 6-7, whenever the first day of school test was, when he forced him to not pitch at full power, because crippling yourself makes you a worthless hero.

It's still possibly some quirk - note that Midoriya's mom is a 'fourth generation' according to the first chapter. That makes Midoriya part of the fifth generation of power holders. Assuming that there was some rarity early on, there could easily be sixth, seventh, even eighth generation power holders his age.

All For One is a quirk that takes the power of its holder, and then can be passed downwards, giving the next holder the ability to access the might of all the previous holders. It grows stronger the more generations it is passed down. We don't know what generation of holder All Might himself is, but it's not fair to say it's a 'magic power unrelated to Quirks'.

Even if eight generations isn't enough to justify how amazingly strong they are, you can easily handwave it to say it's stronger than just eight people's strength because reasons, or go with like, Apocalypse from X-Men. A quirk that manifested before quirks became a thing people knew about, just like how Apocalypse was a mutant 4000 years before mutants became a common thing.

I wonder if at some point the collective might from all the previous users of All For One is just not going to be transferable, because at some point no human being would be able to take the strain of the quirk.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Deku had better be drat careful with Uraraka in a few years' time, that's all I'm saying.

Yeah, having hair all over the place would be a bitch to clean.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, with a skill like that, you pretty much have to be a detective.

... Well, either that or become a professional poker player.

How exactly does that work? You can perfectly decipher anyone's intent?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

tlarn posted:

I want to believe that's a moth-girl because that's an adorable idea. :3:

Actually there's quite a few bug-themed mutant heroes, huh?

Well the author seems to be a fan of Kamen Rider.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Without surgery. They just need to remove the bone fragments inorder to fix him up. Either way Deku's going to have to be content watching the rest of the tournament.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

kinmik posted:

It was also mentioned that he can breathe fire, if I'm remembering correctly. Wonder what he does for a living. I hope it's something completely mundane.

Deku's dad I mean.

He makes the best barbeque ribs smoked from wood created by his sidekick Sycamore Grand.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Hell most ironman races just would collapse against people with unlimited stamina or a ridiculously efficient metabolism.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Maybe it's more of a symbolic thing where he kills the ideals behind the heroes.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Time skips. Don't you just love how despite they're supposed to bring the fights closer most of time you're also stuck in a flashback too. Basically rendering the time skip pointless since the plot people are having the characterization bouncing everywhere and the action guys are having the sequences broken up by said flashbacks.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

If it disorients you that means it's working. Can't fight what you can barely stand to look at.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Bombadevil. See it can be heroic explode demons or villounous cause it has devil in it.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Roland Jones posted:

"Bomb-Bad-Evil" is what I got out of that. Perhaps accurate but not a good hero name.

That's what I get for changing Bombadier hastily. Back to the drawing board I go.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jun 9, 2015

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Maybe it's varying degrees of acidity, from lemon sour to the walls are sludge now.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Luthor doesn't play well with other egomaniacal power players.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Requesting Venom Chainsaw fights to be in westernized monochrome.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Lamebot posted:

Don't apply your corporeal standards to ghost people, bigot :colbert:

It does when it has the same lasting impact as a loony toons clip.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Dustforce?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

It's most likely his 100% isn't nearly at All Might's 100%, at least not yet.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Yeah the more I dig into comic book history the more I see the comic code as consvervative_principles.exe.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

So basically every superhero ever.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Well that actually made some sense.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Slime posted:

Kishimoto: hard work rules, it's all about working hard *writes a main character who has superior genetics from his ancestors and a magic fox his dad gave to him*

ninja privilege.txt

Kubo: This boy is able to take on veterans of Soul Society *has literally every gene from every major race in the series*.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Whipping teenage boys while Full on turtle.fish.paint crazy face about how it makes her sadism boner get big is pretty explicit man.

The artist is called Hirame, turtle.fish.paint is the translation group.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Hello Toucan Sam.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Rhonne posted:

Deku will just replace his arm with black whip in the shape of a hand.

Human Gamera

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Can't wait for Midoriya to take down a dictatorship as part of graduation.

Hotter take we get enveloped into a Banana Republic Arc.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Well poo poo I guess everyone is getting #cancelled

Dabi: I've come to make an announcment Endeavor is a bitch rear end motherfucker

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Give us Sugar Man Overdosing on Sour Heads to end Gigantomachia's entire career.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I can't loving believe Mirko isn't in top 10 what the gently caress

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Deku gets another one of a kind All might statue

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Doc Oc we now spiderman

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Scholtz posted:

She's about to put her acid powers to use

Oh no

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Like Bayonetta?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Flesnolk posted:

I get kind of tired of people rushing to smugly adjust their glasses and go "HEH *snort* just use GUN" every time cape stuff is discussed. Also Worm is loving terrible and I might rip out my own eyes the next time I see some chucklefuck kramer into a thread to shill it.

Although re: does Japan have a military: am I misremembering or weren't those huge robots from the entrance exam (and at Tartarus) said to be sold to the JSDF?

Was it that movie or sometime in the series where we see All Might shrug off a bunch of automatic fire like it isn't even there? I feel like I remember this.
The only people I know that are that into worm seem to be subsections of certain websites. In terms of comic book fandoms I never heard of Worm being mentioned.

I think so regarding the film, but I haven't watched it in a while so I can't give a timestamp and name of film for proper citation.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Consume the dino bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Yeah I just hope that he can learn from his mistakes and do better. And more importantly not die or suffer life long injuries from working the Shonen jump grind.