Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Tumor-forming dude's attacks look like fingers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Meat Processing seems like a crazy-strong Quirk.

The OHKO 'You are now a horrible sausage lump' power is obviously really powerful, but it seems like Seiji could also could create a good deal more 'body reinforcing' than he is currently to shore up his weakness in close range combat. Maybe he just didn't do so since he was maintaining so many sausage transformations at once in this particular battle.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Pop-Step and Gentleman are cute, I'm looking forward to this.

Also cameo by Deku's mom in Gentleman's little Good Samirtan spree, she's being given directions.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Pop-Step seems to have super-jumps and slight floatiness, Gentleman can 'run' slightly slower than a bicycle. They both have pretty weak movement quirks (Pop-Step in particular seems to have, like, 1/3 or 1/4 of Tsuyu's Quirk.).

Meanwhile, over in the main series, we have characters throwing around 'Wow that ability is crazy-strong' powers like Meat Packing.

I don't mind the whole 'Menaced by street thugs' story, it helps establish perspective for the Vigilantes spinoff. Neither Pop-Step or Gentleman know how to fight and they don't really have combat-centric quirks to begin with, as opposed to Deku punching a giant robot in the face by chapter 4.

...Besides, I just like Gentleman. He's just so earnestly a good samaritan that it's cute to watch.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Hagakure's quirk got a lot better. That's the power of stretching the limits of what an ability is, I guess.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Uchu Kitaaaaaa

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

key party favors posted:

Dude, it's an entire civilization of people with weird quirks. They probably have like a 'Big and Tall' style store for all of the people who shoot fire out of their own butts.

... as opposed to all the people who can make fire shoot out of OTHER people's butts?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Vigilantes is good. I hope we can move forward a little now that they've done the recap chapter for the new magazine, though.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I like this dysfunctional delinquent vigilante family.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
So what the hell kinda quirk is that? Density control?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
They did a really good job of showing how fiddly this power is to use effectively and how huge the drawbacks to it are. It does help reinforce that Mirio didn't just hit the quirk lottery jackpot, he got a quirk with a low floor but high skill ceiling and has worked his rear end off to master it.

Plus, his quirk has no 'physical reinforcing' qualities, so no only does he have to be very careful, intelligent, and practiced in the use of his quirk, he's also got to be in supreme physical shape and practiced at brawling to make his powers useful: Warping up to people isn't good enough if you can't follow up, and his inability to carry anything with him means he can't use gadgets or weapons, he HAS to just deck people and hope he can take them down in only a few punches.

I worry for his future prospects as a hero, though, if Mt. Lady and Midnight are getting harassed by the media for revealing costumes, him having to be literally naked to use his powers is going to hurt his marketability.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Fetishes.
Bubble girl's mask is interesting. I wonder what her quirk is, that that's part of her costume?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Pop-Step's useful because people actually LIKE her, as opposed to poorly-socialized-punchman Knuckle Duster and 'Nice but habitually kicked around' Hauler. She's good PR.

I liked the discussion that the quirk powering drug is illegal in japan, with the implication that in other countries maybe it's not as restricted.
Also, possible slight goof: Thirteen showed up to the mass villain outbreak event to help contain the situation, despite him stating that he sticks to rescue work most of the time because it's too easy to kill people with his Quirk.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
:eyepop: That is some extremely powerful Froppy cosplay

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Today I got to see someone bitch-slap a gangster with his CLAM HAND.

Anime is wonderful.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Ashido's really cute this episode! Lots of her big smile on display.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Slime posted:

Nah, he should just wear a series of elaborate disguises.

:allears: I really, really like this idea. It's probably not Shinsou's style but the idea of someone with a power like his tearing out of a disguise Team Rocket style to reveal his costume underneath and announcing himself as THE QUESTIONER sounds like a really neat concept.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
The oyster-shell sonic the hedgehog roll with tentacles to disarm everybody plus crabclaw to smash all the weapons was pretty drat slick.

Seafood platters are way too strong.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Endeavour looks kinda weird without his 'mask' of fire turned on.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I am surprised it took someone that long to make that joke, but All Might Tree is what pushes that over the top for me. Fantastic. :allears:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Have we seen any heroes who can out and out fly, yet? All Might just does really gigantic jumps, Uraraka can float but isn't great at using it on herself and doesn't really have any propulsion. The only 'flight' I remember seeing was Mei's jetpack and hover boots.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Neat detail with Overhaul immediately wiping his hand off in the flashback where he explodes Rappa. Touching human trash like him is unseemly, looks like.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Even when he was still nominally a hero, Stain was still 90s as hell.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Being a murderous shapeshifting love-maniac certainly makes her an interesting character, even if she's a creepy nudist psychopathic yandere who makes me kinda uncomfortable.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I like this.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
When I first started reading this thread it was right when the mods smacked down this exact same topic and made a public 'NO MORE ARGUING ABOUT MINETA' policy.

Time - An endless cycle! Ia, Iaaa!

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Lord Koth posted:

This makes absolutely no sense - it's not yakuza mentality, it's any group ever mentality.

I dunno, I feel like 'Overhaul treats his henchmen like pawns', treating them as disposable time-buying distractions and anonymizing them with masks, and Shigaraki learning NOT do do that and treat his teammates as valuable allies and individuals, is one of the themes of this arc.

Toga and Twice work well together for duplicity, their powers complement each other and they get along reasonably well.

Rappa and Barrierdude's QUIRKS work well together but they personally don't like each other and they didn't use their combo to the best extent possible because of it.

I feel like that's the difference they're trying to hilight.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Or she can REALLY QUICKLY dissolve her body into bees in response to an attack. Transforming an eye and part of her head into a mess of bees to limit the damage of a knife going into her body, and then reforming those organs once the knife is pulled out.

We really don't know the specifics of her quirk, it's supposedly 'call and command bees' but she also takes damage when the bees are killed, so they're clearly linked to her in some way.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
It had been established that Mirio had really astounding fine-control over his quirk but I was surprised to see how FAST he can re-orient his phasing. Phantom Menace has him launching himself, then hitting a surface and rebounding. He's firing himself like a cannonball and then having enough spatial awareness to know when to phase and then re-phase to bounce back and keep that momentum up. It's really impressive.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I'm hoping we get a Mirio+Deku combo attack like the one he did with Iida. Stain getting hit with the rocket-kick + AFO Smash.

I like seeing bad-guys get hit with mega-impacts like this.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Ytlaya posted:

Despite being a cliche, for some reason Pop Step doesn't bother me much. I think it's because her civilian appearance is actually kinda frumpy and not anime-cute.

You take that back, nerd glasses Pop is adorable.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
La Brava and Gentle are good. :allears:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I'm concerned about Gentle, I want him to be a good and nice guy but the fact that the translation seems to be skirting around him telling La Brava he loves her back concerns me.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
That's super not what I was getting at. I was trying to say that gentle seems to be (In some translations) using tactful language to respond to La-Brava without properly addressing her affection, and he maybe doesn't feel the same way she does.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Pop-Step expressions are on point this chapter.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I like the Pro Hero Merch at the festival. Thirteen balloon banner and Cementoss juicebox.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I wonder how many times we've gone down this 'how did [particular hero] pass the entrance exam, anyway?' rabbit hole. I feel like this is at least the fourth iteration.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Supersonic Shine posted:

The only things I know about the Cursed Child are that Voldemort has a daughter and the Trolley Lady, who is apparently immortal, turns her arms into shanks and tries to stab the spin-off babies while ranting about how the kids never get off her trolley before its destination.

I misread that as 'turns her arms into Sharks', which is much cooler.

When can we read about Sharkfist Man, who's quirk is that he can do anything a shark can do (with his fists)?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Captain Capitalism, with his fearsom power to attack your bank account directly, is yet another hero on the 'quirks that can crash the economy if left momentarily unsupervised' watchlist.

...What would communism as a quirk do? Take everyone's quirk in a certain radius, steal it, and then redistribute it fractionally to everyone who got yoink'd so everyone gets a (uselessly small) bit of a quirk? So toggling it on in Class 1-A would make everyone 1/20th invisible, 1/20th frog, 1/20th electrical, and so on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Clarste posted:

To be honest though, there are plenty of "instantly win if they touch you" abilities so it doesn't seem all that special. Definitely up there as one of the better powers we've seen though.

Whatever even happened to that horrible sausage making man?