Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I binge-watched the anime up through season 2, and in anticipation of season 3 coming out soon, read the manga from the point the anime left out on. Is there any pressing reason to read all of what I've seen in the anime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

bare bottom pancakes posted:

The artwork is fantastic, especially Shigaraki. Besides that, I wouldn't say you're missing much picking up at the end of the anime.

That's pretty much what I figured. The artwork can be dope but every time there's an intense scene it just makes me wish it was animated already; possibly one of the downsides of diving into the anime before the manga.

Also, re: traitor chat: whoever it is, if it does turn out to be someone from 1-A, I feel like there is indeed a good chance Shinso will replace him or her. He's gotten more focus than most of 1-B's students, so he's definitely got to have some sort of development coming his way, somewhat like how Hatsume also had more focus during the sports festival arc and ended up aiding 1-A in costume development, as well as appearing again in preparation for the cultural festival. Plus, he has the motive of wanting to be a hero despite being told his Quirk is very much suited for villains, and MHA just loves people having valiant motives.

symbolic fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Mar 6, 2018

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

It's Froppy. I knew there was something untrustworthy about her.

Oh it better loving not be.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The real traitors are anyone who believes anyone from 1-A has it in them to try to kill everyone in 1-A and 1-B, not to mention a handful of pro heroes. Shame on you all, shame on you.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Your avatar is beautiful

I burst out laughing when I saw it in the manga and knew right away I needed it as an av somewhere. Mina's been my favorite character since the anime, and the manga has only made me like her even more. The world needs a bit more Alien Queen sometimes.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

GodFish posted:

Its very stylish.

Well hello there, handsome.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mina in the top 10. :woop:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

I think we're gonna see Kirishima jump after Unbreakable gets animated. Best boy.

Back before I had read the manga, I was wondering why I saw him in a lot of official promo art, since he hadn't really done much in the anime. I understand completely now after reading it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I may not like Bakugou as a character, but I can respect him as both a foil to Midoriya and as a representation of the hot-headed, I-need-to-win-no-matter-what character.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Zomborgon posted:

I'd think that does mean you like him as a character, but not as a person. That's how i explain my thoughts about him, at least. He serves a good purpose in the story and I like how his scenes play out, but hell if I'd ever want to interact with anyone like that.

That's probably a better way of explaining it, yeah.

He can play the drums real drat fine though, so I'll give him that.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Imagining Mineta asking every woman he rescues or saves if they're single.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

It's a breath of fresh air to have as goofy, showy, and dainty a villain as Gentle after everyone that's come before. I can't wait to see where this goes.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mabels big day posted:

since Gentle is obviously not actually a bad guy im wondering if this arc will transition to having an actual villain and Gentle will help the kids, or if it's just gonna stay silly and low key for the whole time

Watch La Brava turn out to be the actual villain of the arc.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

"Wow, that was a pretty good chapter. I can't wait to talk about Gentle or Hatsume and hear about-"

Shere posted:

It was either outright stated by Horikoshi or strongly implied that the Noumu with wings was the winged kid Deku and Bakugo hung out with/went to middle school with.

:stare:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Rhonne posted:

Don't worry, that had that covered in the original teaser image:

Unless...that's also All Might!?

Please no, I could barely handle being able to actually see his eyes.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Things are getting absolutely ridiculous and I could not love it more. This was definitely needed after the Overhaul arc.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

Super big gulp full of 5 hour energy.

Zero sugar, unfortunately. Throw him a bottle of Mountain Dew, though, and I'd say stand back.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Oh God they're even more unnerving when animated.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hopeford posted:

I don't want their fight to have a winner. I want them to end up on stage and everyone thinks it's part of the performance, like a goddamn sitcom, and then they win.

If this arc ends any other way but this, I will be crushingly disappointed.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I have so many mixed emotions after reading that chapter, but one thing's for certain: I'm so, so glad MHA was my first manga. Holy hell.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I wasn't having the best day today, but this definitely brightened it up. Thanks. :kimchi:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Rhonne posted:

I demand we see 1-B

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

God drat what an ending.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

No kidding, it starts right after "kick up the distortion!" so at first I thought it was intended :v:

Glad to know I wasn't the only person that thought this. I didn't even realize the rough sketches weren't because of that until I checked this thread.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

rumble in the bunghole posted:

It’s real fun to read the anime thread right now, those guys are not ready for what’s up next.

The mild smug satisfaction from seeing the theories tossed around there is nice.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nephthys posted:

I think it has to be a 1-A student because narratively it wouldn't be interesting or impactful otherwise.

Like if it's Snipe or something who would even care? But if it's a student like Kaminari or Hagakure or Aoyama, someone who's been among the cast from the start and we actually care about then it wouldn't be such a wet fart.

Don't you diss my boy Snipe.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Patware posted:

Lizard Tail Cut girl doesn't have a tail

Is she just going to be throwing limbs around all over the place???

I've just sort of figured it's going to be like the creepy guy from Shiketsu who can cut off his own limbs and control them from a distance, just with less "turning-people-into-horrendous-clumps-of-flesh".

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I don't recall if this was ever touched upon, but would Eraserhead looking at AfO nullify just AfO or all the quirks he had ever accumulated, too?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

The issue, as sorta mentioned before, is that Shinsou is completely useless if the opponent is aware that he might be involved in that fight (they just have to never talk, which...wouldn't make for a very fun to read fight - which is yet another reason why making Shinsou a major character would be difficult).

Pair him up with a dude who can change Shinsou's voice and another who can change his appearance, and boom.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

Villains would pick up on the trend after a while and just literally never talk. Villain monologues would become a thing of the past.

I mean yeah but I'm talking realistically, outside of the manga.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Goddamn I love Hawk's design so much.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Haven't read the new vigilantes, but I couldn't sleep so I watched the most recent ep and ... Yeah the whole Dabi being endeavor's kid kinda makes sense. When shiggy was talking about how all the VA people have been held down by people, rules and heroes, the camera went to dabi, toga, and spinner.

Kinda makes sense that dabi's backstory is a shithead genetic-supremacy (likely)rapist (definite)abuser keeping him down/mentally and physically abusing him because he only had fire for a quirk, but it was a strong fire quirk.

Dunno if the anime thread or this was was talling about it, I'm super tired but can't sleep.

Honestly, I noticed that, too, and I was trying to figure out if it was intentional or not. It also begs the backstories of Toga and Spinner if so.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

So, uh, is that Nomu supposed to be infused with Kurogiri?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Patware posted:

It can't be Kurogiri, can't only AfO create Noumu? At least that's what we're supposed to think up to this point.

Rhonne posted:

I thought Kurogiri was caught by Gran Torino and the cops a while back? Or did he escape when Gigantomachia showed up?

I might just be being forgetful because brain no work too good at five in the morning. Regardless, I'm liking where this all could be heading and I'm liking Hawks more and more with each panel he's in. :allears:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Carlosologist posted:

yeah, something about this arc feels like the death of Endeavor is coming

Either him or Hawks. I glanced over someone saying the latter represents Icarus and now I can't get that theory out of my head.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fabricated posted:

The traitor thing has to be resolved somehow. There's too much talk about it around the lodge attack and rescue arc to just throw it away. I'm just betting it's literally who.

"We have found out the identity of the traitor...2-E art theory and criticism teacher Fish Tail."

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

License arc feeds right into Overhaul, so yeah, right before that.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

BioThermo posted:

Would be a hell of a twist for Endeavor to lose to this Noumu and for Hawks to be reluctantly forced to the #1 spot.

This would legitimately be astounding and hella cool but I could never see it happening.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

GodFish posted:

so that's 100% muscular

And now I'm wondering if I was right about it also being part Kurogiri. This basically confirms something fucky's going on behind the scenes, so police corruption/AfO rebound inbound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Viridiant posted:

Does she even have a name yet? For all she suffered I feel like Horikoshi cares way more about Endeavor. The wiki says her name is Rei but I can't find where they got that.

First page