Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

FWIW, a friend has a 2012 300.

It only has 12k, since she really doesn't drive much. She mostly works from home, so most of her driving is driving her kids to/from school, and going to the store.

It's spent more time in the shop than on the road. Always for the same thing - it goes into "Battery Saver" mode and the alternator quits charging, until the car eventually dies. Of course, they can never reproduce it, they always just recharge the battery and send her back on her way. You'd think they'd have replaced the alternator by now, but noooo. It randomly shows up with a dead battery and showing battery saver on the display when pulled into the service department every time (when it doesn't die before getting to the dealer).

And of course, it's out of warranty now. And I think it's been too long to lemon law it.

It's a really nice car... when it runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
You know what I love about these?
Some people here in Australia hate domestic cars so much (ie Ford Falcons and GM/H Commodores), that they pay over 30-40k s/h (I think they are about 50k new), for the 300c because "it's imported, it has a mercedes chassis. It's better, the ford and holden are trashy crappy bogan cars."

Such is the hate on the domestic industry here from the spergs, IT people, yuppies and the 'aspirational middle class' that they think chrysler is better.

Then I come here and see people wanting a commodore or falcon all the time, while calling the chrysler a piece of crap.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Nov 17, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My favorite thing about the 300? The local police department came under fire because of an internal mandate that they profile every single black person seen driving one. When that leaked to the public it was pretty loving hilarious.

rus0
Nov 14, 2014

some texas redneck posted:

It's a really nice car... when it runs.

Preach it!

I feel better now knowing others have suffered the same fate as me and I am not alone :P I feel bad for her though

Rhyno posted:

My favorite thing about the 300? The local police department came under fire because of an internal mandate that they profile every single black person seen driving one. When that leaked to the public it was pretty loving hilarious.

Sad to say that doesn't surprise me lol

Bingemoose
Mar 24, 2014

Hurr Durr muts saf gotam cety

Everyday Lurker posted:

Here's a thought: Chevy dealer hexed that 300C so you could come back and buy a pickup truck. :ohdear:

Lol, they probably did. Probably drained the headlight fluid. usually makes the AWD error code popup

Bingemoose
Mar 24, 2014

Hurr Durr muts saf gotam cety

Fo3 posted:

You know what I love about these?
Some people here in Australia hate domestic cars so much (ie Ford Falcons and GM/H Commodores), that they pay over 30-40k s/h (I think they are about 50k new), for the 300c because "it's imported, it has a mercedes chassis. It's better, the ford and holden are trashy crappy bogan cars."

Such is the hate on the domestic industry here from the spergs, IT people, yuppies and the 'aspirational middle class' that they think chrysler is better.

Then I come here and see people wanting a commodore or falcon all the time, while calling the chrysler a piece of crap.

Whats wrong with bogans https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toar2yyLXDo

Vitamin J
Aug 16, 2006

God, just tell me to shut up already. I have a clear anti-domestic bias and a lack of facts.
My dad has an '04 300C he bought brand new and it's coming up on 100k without really any issues at all except the CD player/radio died last year. What did they do to screw up the 2nd gen so much? I mean the 1st gen isn't perfect and never will ever get the 20mpg it said on the sticker but at least it drives without any dash lights coming on and it's never been in once for unscheduled service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

HotCanadianChick posted:

No, it's a dealership experienced in buying and selling cars. They're well aware that 300Cs are garbage.

They might be aware but that trade in is just a number the sales person is trying to fly past their manager so that the deal they're closing looks less miserable than usual. If they manage to rip off the person bringing in the misfit 300C then its the user car departments problem and they give even less of a poo poo.

• Locked thread