Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Terrible Robot posted:

I'm getting a "flood-car" kinda vibe from that OP. Sure, the dealer told you it was a one owner, old man owned car, and maybe it was, but how do you really know? Even if it was, it still may have been involved in a minor flood and the dude traded it in without getting insurance involved, so it wouldn't show up on carfax.
Dealers lie about this poo poo all the time. Do not give any weight whatsoever to what the dealer says the history of the car is. Ironically, the Chrysler dealer would likely be able to tell you more.

quote:

At this point I could drive the car and not get the light to come on IF I did not spin the tires or accelerate too fast, if I did BOOM Service AWD light.
You could spin the tires in an AWD car? :monocle:

Preoptopus posted:

Thanks for buying a car that provides a mechanic like me with constant employment.
When I used to work in a shop, mechanics got sick of cars like this because it typically went to the same tech each time since they knew the history. C/D?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Elephanthead posted:

I would suggest you start dreaming about buying the longest warranty Chrysler will sell you on this turd. You might also find a different dealership to get it serviced at as the current one is obviously not up to the task of maintaining a 4 year old Chrysler. Not many are.
He doesn't have to worry about it anymore.

rus0 posted:

Thank all that is holy the Chevy dealership was very nice and was willing to take the car back and refund the full purchase price (+ the tax) to be used as a trade in on another vehicle.

I loved that 300c for the times I drove it around town, it looked nice, was very fast and a blast to drive: I hated it for 90% of the time it didn't work and frustrated with the dodge dealership.

So now I am the owner of a new 2014 Chevy Z71 Silver Silverado Truck. So far I've put almost 3k miles on it and all is good so far *crossed fingers*

• Locked thread