Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Anyone know if it will be possible to unlock this early with a VPN?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

It should be; all I know is setting my VPN server to South Korea results in Origin displaying an unlock time of 7am on the 17th, which is about 14 hours ahead of the NA release.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Man, the poor Xbros on the googledoc. They don't even have enough for a full party yet. :(

On the other hand, the PC list has enough for ten simultaneously.

Galdarion
Apr 13, 2014
Seems to be an interesting idea choosing to contine your story with a profil save but I wonder if it changes anything in the new game?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

There are some cameo things that will be changed. Like who you put in charge of Ferelden.

I'm reading reports that DA:I is no longer available for sale in India because of some kind of copyright law issue. Indian customers should be receiving a full refund until the problem is fixed, but there's no date on that.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Ballz posted:

My wife did this and yes, I can confirm she is indeed a crazy person.

I'm fairly stoked for the new game myself, and the early super positive reviews (even by video game journalism standards) is promising. I literally beat DA2 for the first time last night and am glad I can pick up the story after only waiting for a week.

Also I'm apparently the only person on the planet who like DA2 more than Origins. I just really like my Hawke and her dealings with the Arishok, I dunno. :shobon:

Represent, we are the few, the proud, the ostracized!

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

It cost more than the US price anyway so probably not much of a concern to people in the thread. I heard it was content not copyright?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Lotish posted:

Man, the poor Xbros on the googledoc. They don't even have enough for a full party yet. :(

Being the lone 360 player is my punishment for liking DA2 probably. We might as well resign ourselves to playing with the unwashed masses.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

the website I bought the game from updated to tell me I should get my key on the 18th, not the 21st :buddy:

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
India is reportedly because it portrays gays in positive light, but did they even look at DA2?

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱

GuyUpNorth posted:

India is reportedly because it portrays gays in positive light, but did they even look at DA2?

A whole bunch of court stuff happened recently that reaffirmed the legality of their anti gay legislation. It's pretty poo poo.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

GuyUpNorth posted:

DA2 would have passed fine. Literally no-one except Varric and Aveline were portrayed in a positive light there.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Wow. That sucks. :(

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill
So, no gays in video games in India unless they're also terrorists.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Should I use this Keep thing if I have only played a little bit of Origins and not played the sequel at all?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Lotish posted:

I didn't see anyone answer your question. A few points:

When you are on the Tapesty and select the Warden or Hawke tiles, you can pick the race/gender/class of your warden and if they're alive or dead, and you can pick gender/class of your Hawke and their personality type. Selecting the class/gender tile takes you to a list of defaults, but there's a checkbox to use the heroes connected to your Origin account. If you created a new origin account, then it won't be connected to your old saves.

Appearance and similar data on your Hawke or Warden isn't imported; really the only thing of value is the name and the fuzzy feeling you get from saying "that's my guy" when you look at his tile. That name will probably appear on codex pages and similar screens when/if cameos happen.

I'm on a 360 too, so I wasn't sure if this was an option only available to PC gamers. Like I said, when I'd play DA:O or DA2, all the DLC online account stuff seemed to be handled through Xbox Live; I don't recall ever seeing a place to log in for EA or Origin.

I guess if they don't actually appear or show their physical characteristics in Inquisition, it isn't that bad then. Still I would have loved to see my spunky, pale-blue eyed, short red haired Hawke in the new game... and also the Hero of Ferelden be referred to as Oberyn Martell Aeducan.

Edit: N/M there's Oberyn and my Hawke. :neckbeard: It just took a while for it to make it into the account I guess.

HIJK posted:

Being the lone 360 player is my punishment for liking DA2 probably. We might as well resign ourselves to playing with the unwashed masses.

Sup 360-playin', DA2-lovin' buddy. :hfive: Unfortunately for you, both my wife and I never do multi-player stuff in any game, doubt we'd start with this one. But she is stupidly obsessed with Dragon Age, so maybe she'll give it a go. I'll point her in the direction of this thread and the google doc, so maybe you'll have a Dalish mage to hang out with at some point.

Ballz fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 15, 2014

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

cheesetriangles posted:

pro chantry? already hate her. I want to burn the chantry to the ground.

Vivienne being pro chantry means she is actually a good person who knows not to be a blood mage murdering terrorist.

It seems like she would back you if you pick Templars over the mages in the inevitable pick one point of the game, so good for her :)

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Cyclomatic posted:

My problem with Origin is that I've already got Steam. I don't want Origin and Steam. I want all my stuff in one place, with only one login/password that I have to remember, and that one place I already have works just fine. The only thing Origin does is force me to use some alternate service that doesn't do anything that I don't already have as well as give me the additional headache of having my games split over umpteen zillion different services for every single publisher.

If EA didn't want to be butthurt about not getting as much money as they might be getting, then they should have invented steam instead of getting mad about it after the fact.

Hence I don't buy EA games anymore. Except Mass Effect 3 and maybe Inquisition. I'm actually on the fence about Inquisition and if EA is going to lose a sale I'm pretty sure having to gently caress around with Origin is going to be the hassle barrier that might just make me skip it.

Yea man, gently caress any company that wants the full profits of the game they made, and screw anyone trying to make a competitor program, because we all know competition is bad for innovation and prices.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Unlucky7 posted:

Should I use this Keep thing if I have only played a little bit of Origins and not played the sequel at all?

There is a narrator that explains the major choices pretty well so anyone can use it really.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

Vivienne being pro chantry means she is actually a good person who knows not to be a blood mage murdering terrorist.

It seems like she would back you if you pick Templars over the mages in the inevitable pick one point of the game, so good for her :)

Sorry but blood magic is cool and making pacts with demons is good.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Ballz posted:

I'm on a 360 too, so I wasn't sure if this was an option only available to PC gamers. Like I said, when I'd play DA:O or DA2, all the DLC online account stuff seemed to be handled through Xbox Live; I don't recall ever seeing a place to log in for EA or Origin.

It's possible your Xbox Live account is already connected to your origin account, or you can link your live account to your origin account to get stuff to show up. I linked the two years back when owning DA:O on PC got me the Blood Dragon armor in ME2 on 360. Like you said, it's not really a super big deal to connect it to your old stuff, because the most you'll change is names. Everything else is in the keep by default, and they're looking at adding an interface for changing Warden and Hawke names anyway.

Some clarification I read about returning player characters: You only get the option to change their appearance if you have imported a state from the Keep. If you run with the default the game ships with, you don't. So even if you pick a generic Champion in the Keep, you can customize his or her appearance at some point in game. Stuff like their personality and history has to be set in the Keep though.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Correct, they've said that the default if you don't use the Keep is a male Dalish Warden who died taking out the archdemon and a male mage Hawke who supported the mages, no romance for either. Which also happily means that demongodbaby isn't even the default.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Yeah, it turns out it just took some time for it to get synced with my Xbox Live account, since I just set it all up. Looks like I'm good to go, thanks for your help!

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

HIJK posted:

Nope. You and me both. Although I gotta see if the 360 still works.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Cythereal posted:

Correct, they've said that the default if you don't use the Keep is a male Dalish Warden who died taking out the archdemon and a male mage Hawke who supported the mages, no romance for either. Which also happily means that demongodbaby isn't even the default.

Default in this series just means that you will have the least amount of callbacks to previous games so as to not confuse people who don't know anything about the series but are starting with this game.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Yeah, I think demon baby would exist no matter what. YOu know how Bioware likes kids, and how big the last kid of theirs went over.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Cythereal posted:

Which also happily means that demongodbaby isn't even the default.

I will never not choose to have the new king make a bastard old god baby his first night as ruler of all the land.

crawlkill
Feb 20, 2014
I'm gettin the voiced protagonist jitters. what if the inquisitor's as hardcore all-out full-throttle tool territory as Hawke and Shepard?

then again, I kinda liked the agent, the warrior and the inquisitor's voicework in SWTOR, so maybe they have a three in eight chance of being okay?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Shepard was dope.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

crawlkill posted:

I'm gettin the voiced protagonist jitters. what if the inquisitor's as hardcore all-out full-throttle tool territory as Hawke and Shepard?

then again, I kinda liked the agent, the warrior and the inquisitor's voicework in SWTOR, so maybe they have a three in eight chance of being okay?

Inquisitor had some really cool lines and I really enjoyed his VA. What I've heard of Warrior, I enjoyed and Agent is fuckin' insane. Dude is having a ball being James bond. If my Inquisitor can sound like the Agent from ToR, I'm gonna be incredibly happy.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Evil Canadian posted:

Meh, the way that Bioware is presenting Vivienne I'd say that the reason why she is so pro-Circle is that without that particular institution she has no real powerbase, so of course she'd be all for restoring the status quo.

Sylphosaurus fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 15, 2014

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

DA2 would have been a passable game if it wasn't so loving rushed so maybe this won't suck.

Also voiced PC is good because the worst part of Origins was the dumbass blank stare your dude had when he was getting hit on.

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

"We're dead. Bartowski's got a gun."

HIJK posted:

Represent, we are the few, the proud, the ostracized!

Thirded! Enjoyed it.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill
How much :effort: is it to use a South Korea VPN to play this a few hours early?

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
It was my first time using a VPN and it took me like 10 minutes to sort it out. I'm European as well so I'm saving 4 days or so by using it :toot:

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
What is a good vpn

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Looks like some of the epilogue slides and their related choices have been worked out by looking at files and their names. So, probable epilogue spoilers.

The big one is who becomes the next Divine, with Leliana, Cassandra and Vivien as candidates.

There's also a choice between exiling or 'saving' the Wardens, probably related to how Corypheus can control them through the taint and has manipulated them into summoning demons.

There's also the matter of the Orlesian civil war. There are three sides, the chivalrous head of the chevaliers, the scheming current empress, and an uprising of oppressed elves.

And of course there's mages or templar, because there's always mages or templar.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Ballz posted:

Sup 360-playin', DA2-lovin' buddy. :hfive: Unfortunately for you, both my wife and I never do multi-player stuff in any game, doubt we'd start with this one. But she is stupidly obsessed with Dragon Age, so maybe she'll give it a go. I'll point her in the direction of this thread and the google doc, so maybe you'll have a Dalish mage to hang out with at some point.

Bored posted:

Nope. You and me both. Although I gotta see if the 360 still works.

there is some good in this world Mr Frodo!

AnimeJune posted:

Thirded! Enjoyed it.

I love this entire bar

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dolash posted:

There's also the matter of the Orlesian civil war. There are three sides, the chivalrous head of the chevaliers, the scheming current empress, and an uprising of oppressed elves.

So taking this third option to see what happens when the shoe goes on the other foot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax

Lotish posted:

This post is reserved for the silly stuff, because I just know we're going to have to use the character creator to make Inquisitor Obama or Lowtax, Herald of Awful. I'm also thinking of making a handy reference for particularly good joke posts. Call it the “Snakes N Cakes Story Corner” or something.

Make this post the Origin name repository for multiplayer and put me in it I have <100 friends now

• Locked thread