Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Baltimore -> New city (NL East) is @mattwithanh

Only openings left are our two incumbents

+ Guy has previous experience in Gleeman's worlds and the like, should be able to dive right in with roster moves

ThatsMyBoye fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

THIS IS BUFFALO'S YEAR

TO UNDERPERFORM SUBSTANTIALLY

AGAIN

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
I've bought my season, I'll be back in as soon as I get the password.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Got the PW from Stimpy. I'm in it to win it. (I relocated, don't hate me)

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

I need a replacement owner in Clemens* -- who wants a free half season to steward a lovely team back to fair play respectability?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Yes, someone join Clemens*, the league where I just bought this cheap murderer of left hand pitching and nothing else IFA for some reason.

Who's the real world version of this dude.

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.
when do i rehire coaches and stuff?

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Late this weekend. Exact schedule will be ready after the last owner is in. You'll get an email about it.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Approved. Happy season THIRTY, y'all

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
May the Dirty (Flirty?) Thirties be a good decade for all of our teams

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

thanks stimpy

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Anyone not named Wally Leary is available.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Elcano is not available but he does have as many career CG as losses

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

I'm putting just about everyone out there and ideally looking to either acquire a SP as good as Cody/DaSilva (lol) or younger cost-controlled quality talent

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Gaedels have a few mutual options to decide on with Wagner, Everett and Bowie, so if you have any interest in them, let me know.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
I want some established starting pitching type dudes and just about any minor leaguer I have is available to get this done.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Your pitching. Gimme.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

I've got ANIBAL BELTRE and David Lucano and literally anyone else in my rotation available for prospects

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

tatankatonk posted:

ANIBAL BELTRE

lol

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

nasboat posted:

I'm putting just about everyone out there and ideally looking to either acquire a SP as good as Cody/DaSilva (lol) or younger cost-controlled quality talent

Wait you mean you want to trade aging expensive players for young good players? Who the gently caress does not?

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Scrotos posted:

Wait you mean you want to trade aging expensive players for young good players? Who the gently caress does not?

the key difference is that he always manages to do it regardless

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Scrotos posted:

yes those aging expensive players that no one should want to trade any young talent for, like Del Lorenzo or Danny Hernandez or King Figueroa or Bo Chamberlain or

let's not act like what I'm advertising is automatically some giant rip-off, I've got more quality talent on my ML roster than just about anyone else

and don't be jealous because i'm a #trader

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

nasboat posted:

and don't be jealous because i'm a #trader

too late I'm hatin'!!!!

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
I really need to know what Julian Melendez decides w/r/t his option before I can know what I have available, ughh Julian quit taking so long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg

Maybe if I play that song enough by the time I :f5: again he'll have made up his mind

uublog fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 22, 2014

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

nasboat posted:

and don't be jealous because i'm a #vaper

:flame:

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

uublog posted:

I really need to know what Julian Melendez decides w/r/t his option before I can know what I have available, ughh Julian quit taking so long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg

Maybe if I play that song enough by the time I :f5: again he'll have made up his mind

If he is still on your option board after roll he has accepted his side of a mutual/player option.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Scrotos posted:

If he is still on your option board after roll he has accepted his side of a mutual/player option.

On the option report page it still says status pending and is not allowing me accept/decline

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

uublog posted:

On the option report page it still says status pending and is not allowing me accept/decline

Budgets haven't been set yet, can't until then

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I kind of want to do a mini rebuild but I also don't want to give up my divisional championship streak. #FirstPlaceProblems

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Budgets haven't been set yet, can't until then

Good point but I'd think it would say somewhere, either on the option report, or on his transaction page that he accepted his end, like how retirements show up immediately after rollover

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

uublog posted:

Good point but I'd think it would say somewhere, either on the option report, or on his transaction page that he accepted his end, like how retirements show up immediately after rollover

It should probably but it doesn't. Alex Miranda for example is already on my free agent report but Jose Carrasco still shows up on my option report so I know he's staying until I decline my end.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Weird. I got a message about it, too, so I guess now I'm 200% sure he's returning :yaycloud:

11th hour budget change to add $3m to coaching because I would've been left with barely $1m to hire a FI, which would no

gently caress you Wilt Durham :argh:

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Haha Burnett changed his mind I'm hosed

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

Christ I am glad I don't have to play the stupid FI game this year

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

If any of you are interested in my guys, get on IRC.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

chutwig posted:

Christ I am glad I don't have to play the stupid FI game this year

no it's awesome you're totally missing out

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

don't everybody TC all at once now

you assholes

Devo
Jul 9, 2001