Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

nice only two ML coaches walking and neither one is my fielding coach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutwig
May 28, 2001

THIS IS BUFFALO'S YEAR

TO UNDERPERFORM SUBSTANTIALLY

AGAIN

chutwig
May 28, 2001

Christ I am glad I don't have to play the stupid FI game this year

chutwig
May 28, 2001

you're a rascal, York

chutwig
May 28, 2001

gardenald posted:

Then I'm bad at this game for not recognizing that, I fall way too in love with my own dudes.

I think this is my chief failing, an excessive desire to roll with the guys I drafted and developed.

chutwig
May 28, 2001

alright well here's hoping i can crack 90 wins this season and lose to the Cleveland juggernaut anyway

it's so nice going into coach hiring only needing to fill 5 spots, 2 at ML, and both ML coaches signed early without any drama

chutwig
May 28, 2001

Presenting your S30 Buffalo Garden Paths, which doesn't look much different from last year because I am of the opinion that I got kind of unlucky in S29. If this year doesn't end in a wildcard spot, may blow things up a bit for S31.

Starters
C: Johnny Hitchcock / Alexei Mieses, if you want to talk Mieses come at me
1B: Hector Colome, improbable and unjustifiable S29 MVP candidate
2B: Alton Sweeney, who rebounded nicely last season after a disappointing S28
3B: Ryan Osterbrock, a white guy from Ferguson, MO
SS: Roberto Santana, an offensive and defensive black hole
LF: Norman Outman, who had a great S28 that was not like his S26, S27 or S29, thusly I am expecting S28-level production going forward
CF: Alfredo Ramirez, a fake baseball center fielder
RF: Enny Alcantara, a guy that I like

Bench
DH, comedy 1B/LF: Julio Montanez
CIF: Gio Tejada
SS/CF: Victor Julio
COF: Ramon Suzuki

Starting Rotation
SP1: York Maxwell, who will begin to deteriorate before my very eyes
SP2: Pat Sweeney was quietly extremely good for me last season
SP3: Marvin High, who I thought about making SP1 for sentimental reasons
SP4/5/6: who goes where is in flux until I set up my rotation after SP but are Carl Volstad, Livan Guzman, and Vic Soriano who I paid too much for but he just needs to slop up some innings when York can't take a day

Bullpen
TOP MAN: Alejandro Alvarez, who I paid way too much for but at least he has been good in return
TOP MAN: Bill Worthington has never quite lived up to expectations but has still been valuable
TOP MAN: Jason Barker also slipped under the radar but threw 90 good innings last season
OTHER: Alex Perez is basically the mop-up guy, I don't know why he didn't do better last season
OTHER: Karim Javier is in the same boat as Alex Perez
OTHER: Happy Simas, who I signed because I had some bucks and didn't want to roll with 11 pitchers

CHAMPIONSHIP SQUAD? PROBABLY NOT BECAUSE I'LL gently caress SOMETHING UP OR ENNY WILL BREAK HIS SPINE AND I AM PROBABLY OVEREVALUATING EVERYONE AS IS MY WONT

chutwig fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Nov 29, 2014

chutwig
May 28, 2001

AlleyViper posted:

Okay, this might piss me off more than any signing-snipe shenanigans.

I didn't know this was even a thing.

chutwig
May 28, 2001

Everyone deserves a first-time mulligan, it would be severely harsh to keep the players in my opinion.

chutwig
May 28, 2001

So have that conversation. I DFA'd Alex Hiro in my first season, who was not a good player but was still useful at the time to me and Art was asked to return him to me by TMB. It's a complex game and the handholding in the first few seasons is in all the wrong spots, and new players who are taking over bad teams should be given help in the first season or two, lest they up and quit because they feel like they're just going to get raked by exploitative players who have 50+ seasons to their name.

chutwig
May 28, 2001

perfect glorious balance has been achieved, the NLE is the zen division

chutwig
May 28, 2001

:geno:

chutwig
May 28, 2001

things are not starting well in Buffalo

chutwig
May 28, 2001

i hate my team and all my players are poo poo

chutwig
May 28, 2001

AlleyViper posted:

Small Sample Sizes™

I want this to be my answer to everything, but then I look up and it's 120 games played and my team is still crap.

chutwig
May 28, 2001

uublog posted:

good loving lord how do they manage to gently caress up all of the things all of the time :ughh:

because they wrote this a long time ago, and everyone who knows anything about it probably left, and it's being kept out there purely to make money and gets basically no support or attention paid to it by anyone because it's probably a hated product internally

chutwig
May 28, 2001

at this point I legit don't understand what i'm doing wrong

chutwig
May 28, 2001

AlleyViper posted:

There are a couple of questionable managerial choices (I wouldn't be starting Volstad over Soriano or Guzman [and I'd try to make sure they respectively start against teams that skew poorly against lefties or righties]) but by and large you're just having some poo poo luck right now. Ramirez, Sweeney and Outman all being poo poo is dragging your offense down and York/High are not going to be as bad as they've been all season.

That team is fairly scary on the whole and I would not jump ship any time soon.

I had already moved Volstad to the bullpen a few days ago when I came to the same conclusion. I feel confusingly snakebit across seasons, which is why I keep wondering if I'm doing something fundamentally wrong.

chutwig
May 28, 2001

gardenald posted:

Merry Christmas jerks I hope you all go 0-162

working on it

chutwig
May 28, 2001

amateur draft is so easy to deal with when I don't even draft until the 95th spot

~*punt*~

chutwig
May 28, 2001

gardenald posted:

Forgetting to set non dh lineups for interleague play whatup

i only avoided running out a terrible DH lineup because it didn't sim until quarter to 1 and so i had time to fix them

chutwig
May 28, 2001

buffalo magic has run out

chutwig
May 28, 2001

Power of Pecota posted:

It'll be back very shortly

against the best team in the NL this seems less than likely

chutwig
May 28, 2001

also because of a recent injury on my pitching staff Hensley Aspromonte may get to make his ML debut against the Salem murder machine, this could be the most lopsided contest in HBD history

chutwig
May 28, 2001

Power of Pecota posted:

I did just get swept for the first time this season by Hartford. vOv

Also if I were you I'd change manager settings so you don't pull your starters down 4 in the 6th inning.

mother ducking spring training settings I swore I changed all of them

chutwig
May 28, 2001

what is like to know that your team is actively smiled upon by the HBD gods pecota
what is it like to regularly experience divine intervention
what is it like to be unkillable
what is it like to be stali-satan-hitler himself
what the gently caress happened here

chutwig
May 28, 2001

boy your team is loving frustrating pecota

chutwig
May 28, 2001

i hope this means NO will be coming in weak and demoralized and i will be able to take advantage

*loses next 40 games in a row*

chutwig
May 28, 2001

i want to die

chutwig
May 28, 2001

AlleyViper posted:

Well that really loving blows

not for you :(

chutwig
May 28, 2001

when did the NLE become the friggin' murder division

chutwig
May 28, 2001

AlleyViper posted:

Hey, Sparky. How about you don't pinch hit for your long reliever in the 13th inning when he has thrown just one total pitch, and your next "available" reliever is at 28% stamina. That sounds like a great idea to me.

the perfect time for Buffalo to push you into a 22-inning marathon in the AM game, since both of my long relievers and Bill the Worthington are 100% rested and ready to throw some rightballs

chutwig
May 28, 2001

AlleyViper posted:

Gonna rename the team Cleveland Attack on the Ninth Inning

gonna rename my team the Buffalo Why The gently caress Do You Fold Like A lovely Lawnchair Against Salem And Cleveland

chutwig
May 28, 2001

serious talk: I want to relocate my franchise next season, what needs done to accomplish this?

chutwig
May 28, 2001

Unrelated to my team completely making GBS threads the bed lately, my youngling is due to be birthed next week and I'm not sure I will have time for WiS in the near future. This isn't notice of having to leave yet, but keep it in mind that I may need to ask somebody to become a caretaker for the team (and then make like one or two minor moves next year and win the WS).

chutwig
May 28, 2001

i hate when the sim schedules home/away series against the same team back to back

chutwig
May 28, 2001

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Sammy Domingo's at .276/.335/.524 and just hit his 40th HR and somehow no one wanted to trade for him badly enough this season. I'd imagine some of you might be after a guy like this after roll.

i wanted him, but unfortunately not at the cost of Mr Gates

time to roll out the "not gonna win the division" lineups

chutwig
May 28, 2001

why did you have to die and leave me at this time of great need, Pat Sweeney

chutwig
May 28, 2001

way to really poo poo the bed in force, guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutwig
May 28, 2001

just realized i blew past the previous franchise record of 86 wins with 6 games left to go, which mostly speaks to how pathetic this franchise has been

• Locked thread