Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

:chef: :eng99:
I made a big batch of onion soup for my lady, we ate like kings for a week. If you go back to the other onion soup recipe, Id take out the flour (replace it with some old bread if you really want), BIG KUDOS on the red wine vinegar, most important piece of the dish.

My other go-to soup (besides my award winning chili but that's another thread) is my simplified take on korean hangover soup. I take some shoulder or chuck meat, simmer it in some water (or stock would be even better) until it is tender. Then I remove it and let it cool, while I enhance that cooking liquid with bean sprouts and scallions leafy things -- you could also add potatoes, kale, noodles, whatever. Then I add a ton of gochu..go..jang.. the korean pepper paste, and tons of the korean pepper flakes, too. Then I slice the simmered meat and add it back in.

Delicious, great for a cold (or cold weather), very easy to make carb free if that is your thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread