Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Captain Gordon posted:

Bruno is literally a goon:

I don't know if the character personalities are randomized also, but in my game Bruno is also the best goon because he doesn't give a poo poo. So a few people died for us to get this tuna can and three planks, I don't see the issue. Stop your bitching :clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Protip: don't take stupid risks on your only scavenging guy :saddowns:

Marko did fight against three bandits like a pro though. Too bad I didn't see the third one coming, who put so goddamned many holes in Marko he'll be born as swiss cheese in his next life.

And I'm stuck doing runs with people sporting 10 inventory slots.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

Having a good steady supply of Scrap and Wood is the biggest struggle for me, so much of my scavenger time is consumed by it or by getting things to trade for them.

Everyone last game became Broken aside from one last guy. They laid there as my stronghold gradually wore away.

Wood isn't too bad, especially if your scavenger is alive. If you upgrade the metal workshop or whatever that thing was called where you make weapons, then you can make hatchets and break furniture which is all over.

The parts and wood are also pretty cheap to barter for. I always empty the guys who come over to barter.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Coolguye posted:

The only problem is trucking it home, which is legitimately a very big problem if you don't have Marko or Pavle.

Coincidentally, I drat near lost Pavle too :haw:

When Marko died, Pavle's bio had something like "some bandits killed Marko, he should be avenged!". Well, he wanted the job so he got it. Sure enough, he and his kitchen knife landed upon the bandits like an angel of death, however Pavle also got carved like some mural of flesh and limped away lethally wounded.

Surprisingly enough, he lived through it. Took a lot of days and bandages to recover though.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

It would be nice if there was an alternative bandit game start so you could just go full arsemode without people moping for weeks on end because bloo boo hoo Bruno hit grandma in the head with shovel.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

vyelkin posted:

Getting raided is just too damaging, so I really prioritize patching up the shelter walls. They always take your important items like food and medicine, which can seriously gently caress up your long term planning, and you often end up with wounds as well. Not patching up the walls is an easy way to wind up playing catchup for several weeks straight because your people keep getting wounded and put on bed rest, and your important items keep getting stolen.

It's pretty annoying. At the end of the game where the loading screen said something about rampant crime, I was STILL losing poo poo despite having fully patched walls, reinforced door and two people guarding with vests and assault rifles / shotguns.

Grandma getting the crowbar is only fair if game keeps doing that poo poo to me. :colbert:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Coolguye posted:

Eh. Much like everything else in this game, it's only scary until you get over the wealth hump. Shanking dudes arguably puts you over the wealth hump way faster, since if you've got 5 assault rifles and a couple of bulletproof vests you can basically buy the parts for whatever you want.

On top of having all those mentioned above in one map, that being the military outpost, there's also a hideous amount of other poo poo in there. Including ~120 bullets plus what you loot from soldiers. That place is literally the Fort Knox of this game as long as you take the risk of clearing the soldiers in there. I lost two people to that place on my first playhrough, but it was worth it.

I can only imagine all the things you could barter that ammunition for if you have Katia etc, it's basically game over.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Apparently running is the greatest crime.

I was tight on time and had to run through the church which is not a restricted area or anything. Suddenly the priest and some other dude put them up and start slugging me because ~reasons~

Beat them both to the ground with a shovel so guess they should just allow people to run in the future without going for some sweet sweet murderings.

e: On the other hand, I can now realise my roleplaying war fantasies. They drew the first blood, they are at fault. I am fully within my rights to retaliate and take everything they have. Expect Bruno and an axe, assholes.

Fewd fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Nov 22, 2014

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

This War of Mine: goon war jesus and his many downward spirals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

You can go to the other direction also :ssh:
Let him spot you and retreat back into the first building to ambush. Close doors after you so he doesn't get a chance to shoot.

• Locked thread